DS and Lament Configuration

Currently, DS isn't deactivated by Lament Configuration. I've had people pick it up across the map from me and intentionally let me go there to down them and use it when I've hooked two people since they got unhooked.

I really feel like doing this shows you're not being tunneled, so please ensure that this is changed for the better of the game.

Comments

  • This happened to me as well, the survivor with the DS went to solve the box.

    I also think solving the box should deactivate DS.

  • So-called secondary objectives built into killers' powers don't affect DS (mending, snapping out of it, SAW boxes, etc.).

    They're not game-progressing actions, but interactions with killer abilities.

    As such, the Lament Configuration shouldn't deactivate DS.

  • @Bwsted said:

    So-called secondary objectives built into killers' powers don't affect DS (mending, snapping out of it, SAW boxes, etc.).

    They're not game-progressing actions, but interactions with killer abilities.

    As such, the Lament Configuration shouldn't deactivate DS.

    See, I get this logic however we have to remember that the person with DS doesn't have to do this; it's an optional objective.

    If a survivor with DS intentionally tries to solve rather than holding it, knowing they have DS, it should be deactivated. Especially if they're healthy, which this person was.

    Mending, Snapping Out, Saw boxes are all non-optional objectives, and one of them you need to do within chase just to avoid being blinded by how dark the screen goes.

  • @SunderMun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2489089#Comment_2489089

    See, I get this logic however we have to remember that the person with DS doesn't have to do this; it's an optional objective.

    If a survivor with DS intentionally tries to solve rather than holding it, knowing they have DS, it should be deactivated. Especially if they're healthy, which this person was.

    Mending, Snapping Out, Saw boxes are all non-optional objectives, and one of them you need to do within chase just to avoid being blinded by how dark the screen goes.

    I think it'll just be best to pay attention to the hooks, if a possible ds user is doing the box just let them, not a huuge deal.

  • @blue4zion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2489892#Comment_2489892

    I think it'll just be best to pay attention to the hooks, if a possible ds user is doing the box just let them, not a huuge deal.

    It's literally the strongest part of your power...you can't just let them do it for free. And if they're across the map from you doing it, they aren't exactly being tunneled. It's a big deal.