Endorsements system

Why don't you add an endorsements system as Overwatch did ?

  • If some does nothing = useless or troll teammate
  • If they unhook in front of the killer without BT = save farmer
  • If they do their part = good teammate

Each one giving a score bonus or malus that everyone can see. I mean, toxicity is at a high level atm, especially when you soloQ. I really would appreciate to have the possibilities to see if i have been matched with a toxic survivor and leave the lobby before the game.

I know BHVR want to be inclusive etc... but being inclusive with toxic players is just unhealthy for the game and we can clearly note that there are more and more toxic players.

Then, a player with an endorsement level X would be allowed to play with players who have endorsement between X-1 and X+1, leaving the really low level playing with trolls like them.

I mean sure, sometimes you will have a bad report because someone will be mad at you, but it will be rare enough. Players who are constantly reported for bad behavior or trolling are still playing, everyday i meet some.

I'm someone playing fair, i try to be useful to the team and do my best to do my part to help the team winning, sometimes dying to help another survivor and i find it unfair to loose some game (P0 to P3 in a row) just because some trioQ don't care about the 4th or because some survivors are just thinking about their own safety.

Where is my reward for being a good survivor that helps the team no matter what and sacrifice himself for the rest of the team escaping ? Often, when i soloQ, i'm the only one dying cause the others don't care and still, even if they had the 5k escape points, i have way more points than them, it's unfair.

Well i guess i'm not the only one experiencing this experience with selfish survivor.

Even as a killer i'm fair, never tunneling or camping, leaving the last one escaping of giving the hatch etc...

Comments

  • this feels iffy honestly cause sometimes its necessary to unhook without bt.

  • Because there are 4 survivors to every killer and systems like this depend on people being honest about their experience. So you mark your 3 teammates as "useless", but they do the same to you, as does the killer. You get 4x the number of "reports". Who's supposed to benefit from this system?

  • So you acknowledge that the game's filled with toxicity, but somehow you think this system wouldn't be abused? I envy you.

  • @Orion said:

    Because there are 4 survivors to every killer and systems like this depend on people being honest about their experience. So you mark your 3 teammates as "useless", but they do the same to you, as does the killer. You get 4x the number of "reports". Who's supposed to benefit from this system?

    Nah, the opposite team can't evaluate the other team (i.e killer can't do it for survivors).

    Sure one one trial it might be 3 vs 1, but devs can apply a factor depending if you play soloQ (factor 1), duoQ (factor 0.5) etc...

    It doesn't work for one trials but on 200 trials, the endorsement level would be accurate. If you play good, most players will give a positive vote or nothing. if you play badly you will have a ton of bad votes.

    In Overwatch, level 1 player are always, 100% of the time toxic players that are boosted and useless.

  • @Clowning said:

    So you acknowledge that the game's filled with toxicity, but somehow you think this system wouldn't be abused? I envy you.

    No, most of players are nice. But there are more and more toxic players, representing maybe 10 to 20% of the playerbase.

    Fair players deserve the right to see if there are matched with someone toxic.

  • @JohnWeak said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2488947#Comment_2488947

    No, most of players are nice. But there are more and more toxic players, representing maybe 10 to 20% of the playerbase.

    Fair players deserve the right to see if there are matched with someone toxic.

    On one hand, I totally agree with you, because the idea in itself is fantastic and great. And I'd love something like that.

    However, this all only works in theory. For example, Dota already does this, and they've much more players than DbD, and the system is pretty similar to what you're suggesting, on top of the fact that the game has clear goals and isn't a 4v1 - I mean, most of the time. And still it doesn't work. Players with maximum behaviour score still get matched with people that I can't even begin to describe in order to actually get into games in the first place, people abuse the system and everything that could be wrong with it is actually wrong with it.

    Again, I really wish that something like this could be implemented, but I just can't see a way to do so without the system being detrimental in almost every conceivable way.