Just feel like dumping on the RE chapter again.

Every time I load up this game or even hear anything about it Dead by Daylight I just can't stop thinking about how you ruined the RE chapter so hard. Every single thing in it was probably purposefully messed up EXCEPT Leon. Every model except for Leon does not even look like them, every voice except Nemesis and Leon is bad, the weird bubbles on the map make it ugly to look at and if those weren't there it would be a perfect map, and the characters feel NOTHING like the characters. There was 0 love or care for this chapter and I just want it to be at LEAST decenf. Its just an awful chapter though. I have been waiting 4 or 5 years for this chapter and the devs just to some gasoline and a match and just set it all on fire on purpose. I'm not using this to ######### on other licensed chapter. I'm glad every other licensed chapter is good. But WHY was it Resident Evil, your BIGGEST CHAPTER that you guys decided to slack off and not give even half of a ######### about. Nemesis acts more like Lisa Trevor than Nemesis. Lisa ######### Trevor! How do you ######### that up so hard? In terms of power he is such an easy character to get right! You have to be trying to make people hate your RE chapter and it seems like you were certainly trying super damn hard. Please just fix it. I just want my RE chapter, specifically I want to finally be able to play as the motherfucking NEMESIS IN DEAD BY DAYLIGHT. I don't want to play Resident Evil in DBD because NO ONE wanted that. If I wanted to play RE I'll just play RE and so will every one else. If any RE fan wants to play as Nemesis they'll play REsistance or hell, even RE Verse makes you feel like you're playing Nemesis way more than the bozo in DBD. FIX HIM. It would mean a lot to everyone.

Comments

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2488711#Comment_2488711

    Well I'd say go for it since you want the devs to look at these, as the general discussions community seems to be rather... Frustrated with these posts at the moment. Surely one of these could have been made in feedback.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/I9Z547MEJUDJ/img-20210911-083954.png

    Don't know why they read these then if they get frustrated.

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2488715#Comment_2488715

    Don't know why they read these then if they get frustrated.

    Because it's a bit like the fnaf posts just on less of a scale. Still keep showing up bringing nothing new to the discussion and not meant for feedback because there's a subforum section for that.

    Oh and these are all made by the same person

  • @RenRen said:

    I don't think the RE chapter is bad by any means it's just kinda feels like the characters aren't fully there if that makes sense. Like Jill looks slightly off, Leon looks slightly off, Chris is a bit confusing cause his promotional stuff has him being RE 1 chris for the trailer but in game he looks kinda like a mix of RE 1 and RE6 chris while his banner art doesn't look like him, and we don't talk about claire. The one complaint I have about the map is that weird orange infection things. Other then that I only played the map 2 times since the RE release so I have no idea how bad the map is gameplay wise, though I do hear it's bad due to it's size and confusing layout. As for Nemesis I do think that he was a disappointing cause he doesn't feel like an unstoppable relentless force. I do think he is missing some stuff such as a run ability which is one of the things he does a lot in RE3 remake. I do wish he had his rocket launcher cause most of the Nemesis art I've seen before RE3 remake came out was he always had a rocket launcher, a tentacle, or a flamethrower. My hope is that in the upcoming mid chapter they will make him more like the Nemesis we know and love.

    Chris is from RE5. In RE5 he also has the RE1 unlockable outfit. They did the same thing with Jill's classic RE3 outfit. People think its the classic Jill but its the remake version of the classic Jill with the shorts skirt thing. The pretend Chris is from RE1 but its actually just the RE5 version of the RE1 outfit.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2488762#Comment_2488762

    Because it's a bit like the fnaf posts just on less of a scale. Still keep showing up bringing nothing new to the discussion and not meant for feedback because there's a subforum section for that.

    Oh and these are all made by the same person

    Well no-one wants to discuss it. I just get mocked and stuff. Don't know what else you want me to do..

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2488769#Comment_2488769

    Well no-one wants to discuss it. I just get mocked and stuff. Don't know what else you want me to do..

    Put it in feedback?????

  • Its more fun having a discussion with people that have a similar issue.

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2488796#Comment_2488796

    Its more fun having a discussion with people that have a similar issue.

    But if you want the devs to see it???? And change it??????? Go to feedback??????????????

  • @RenRen said:

    I don't think the RE chapter is bad by any means it's just kinda feels like the characters aren't fully there if that makes sense. Like Jill looks slightly off, Leon looks slightly off, Chris is a bit confusing cause his promotional stuff has him being RE 1 chris for the trailer but in game he looks kinda like a mix of RE 1 and RE6 chris while his banner art doesn't look like him, and we don't talk about claire. The one complaint I have about the map is that weird orange infection things. Other then that I only played the map 2 times since the RE release so I have no idea how bad the map is gameplay wise, though I do hear it's bad due to it's size and confusing layout. As for Nemesis I do think that he was a disappointing cause he doesn't feel like an unstoppable relentless force. I do think he is missing some stuff such as a run ability which is one of the things he does a lot in RE3 remake. I do wish he had his rocket launcher cause most of the Nemesis art I've seen before RE3 remake came out was he always had a rocket launcher, a tentacle, or a flamethrower. My hope is that in the upcoming mid chapter they will make him more like the Nemesis we know and love.

    On your last thing, I doubt they would do a rework this early. BUT I think we can eventually get it as long as we ask for it for Nemesis. So many people just gave up on the chapter. Fixing Nemesis to feel like himself is fixing over half mine and many others issues with the chapter. He was such a crucial part they needed to try and get right. But yeah hopefully someday we can get a big update to him that makes him feel like Nemesis.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2488799#Comment_2488799

    But if you want the devs to see it???? And change it??????? Go to feedback??????????????

    I already do that in the ticket thingy system. Support feedback or whatever its called.

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2488297#Comment_2488297

    Yes it was. Tell me something that was bigger and brought in more people.

    Micheal Myers. Freddy kruger, stranger things

  • I was specifically talking about how beneficial it would've been for DBD.

  • My views on the RE Chapter:

    - The patch itself was an absolute disaster. Almost game-breaking in many ways. The lagging/freezing/juttering were absolutely unacceptable.

    - Nemesis looks good. The addition of the zombies was an interesting element to the gameplay. His tentacle is useful in certain situations.

    - Leon and Jill both look perfect.

    - Claire looks like she needs a good night's sleep. Face looks bad. The price tag for this skin is laughable.

    - Chris looks fine but like Claire, he's vastly overpiced.

    - The Raccoon City map is absolute toilet. The very, very worst map in DBD history. Looks authentic, yes. But I would rather it was straight up removed instead of having to risk loading in to it. A total and utter disaster.

  • I'm a big RE fan and I agree that the chapter was a disaster. There's a lot I dislike about it from bugs to lore details.

    I don't think Nemesis plays like Lisa at all though. He uses abilities Nemesis has in all versions of RE3. He just doesn't use weapons.

    Minus the face bugs, I think the characters look pretty OK too. I'm so glad Chris was based on RE5 and not RE7.

  • It's really not that bad. Sorry that you don't feel like they did it justice. But you should try and be happy it's in the game at all. And at the end of the day, it's Dead By Daylight, not a resident evil game.

  • @Apollos said:

    I'm a big RE fan and I agree that the chapter was a disaster. There's a lot I dislike about it from bugs to lore details.

    I don't think Nemesis plays like Lisa at all though. He uses abilities Nemesis has in all versions of RE3. He just doesn't use weapons.

    Minus the face bugs, I think the characters look pretty OK too. I'm so glad Chris was based on RE5 and not RE7.

    What I'm saying is this is probably something how Lisa could play. We've never actually been able to play as her before in a game but if we did it could have ended up being similar to this. And he really doesn't use many of his abilities. He just had the tentacle and that's it. There's no other abilities he has in DBD that are what he does.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    It's really not that bad. Sorry that you don't feel like they did it justice. But you should try and be happy it's in the game at all. And at the end of the day, it's Dead By Daylight, not a resident evil game.

    That's my point about Nemesis. They tried to make it feel like RE when I don't want to play RE when I'm playing DBD. I want to play Nemesis in DBD and they simply just didn't do that. So we have an RE chapter without an iconic RE killer. How am I supposed to jut be happy with that?

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2489057#Comment_2489057

    That's my point about Nemesis. They tried to make it feel like RE when I don't want to play RE when I'm playing DBD. I want to play Nemesis in DBD and they simply just didn't do that. So we have an RE chapter without an iconic RE killer. How am I supposed to jut be happy with that?

    It is Nemesis in DBD... what do you want exactly?

  • @Apollos said:

    I'm a big RE fan and I agree that the chapter was a disaster. There's a lot I dislike about it from bugs to lore details.

    I don't think Nemesis plays like Lisa at all though. He uses abilities Nemesis has in all versions of RE3. He just doesn't use weapons.

    Minus the face bugs, I think the characters look pretty OK too. I'm so glad Chris was based on RE5 and not RE7.

    Jill.png

    She looks odd. Leon looks fantastic though. I will give them props for that.

  • A lot of things go into making a character and their personality. What they do is a very important part, especially for a BOW like Nemesis. I have a problem when they try to put him in another and just decide to ditch what makes Nemesis iconic, what makes Nemesis feel like Nemesis and not create something that has absolutely 0 to do with him as a character. He only has the looks sounds and animations and that's all the Nemesis that is there. No Nemesis power. Its a power to just make people feel like their playing RE in DBD and not Nemesis in DBD. It gives no real reason to play DBD's Nemesis over REsistance. That game does every it tries to do better than DBD with Nemesis. You feel like the unstoppable Nemesis and guess what, also have zombies assisting you if you want. DBD is by far the worst version of him ever made. He feels more like Nemesis in a. fighting game. Nemesis has been dumped on so hard by even Capcom in their recent versions of him but somehow BHVR just ended up doing it way worse by a mile.

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2488851#Comment_2488851

    What I'm saying is this is probably something how Lisa could play. We've never actually been able to play as her before in a game but if we did it could have ended up being similar to this. And he really doesn't use many of his abilities. He just had the tentacle and that's it. There's no other abilities he has in DBD that are what he does.

    Nemesis' big things are that he's a pursuer; he can use his tentacles as a whip, lasso, or spear; he's able to use weapons; and he's able to attack other enemies. Before he mutates to an unrecognizable degree of course.

    Due to game mechanics, Nemesis obviously can't use a rocket launcher, and I'm guessing they opted not to use his tentacle as a lasso for balancing reasons. But outside of that, he still uses his tentacle like a spear to infect survivors like the scene in RE3 (even though it's animated to look like a whip) and he pursues survivors and attacks enemies he spawns.

    Lisa is slow and clumsy and only has her shackles to use as a blunt object. She's able to use her tentacles, but only in a limited capacity. I feel like if she were in DBD, she'd play a bit more like Cannibal.

    They're all interpreted through the DBD style. It's the same with every crossover.

    Jill does look weird, but I'm sort of biased because I don't even like how she looks in the new RE3 lol Chris is the same way. His model isn't ripped from RE5, but when you look at it closely, you can see that it's adapted from it. They even matched his hazel eyes.

1 2 ›