Idea for a Barbecue and Chilli (BBQ) rework and other aura perks
Hi guys,
first I want to say this is not a flame & cry thread.
I want to open up a polite discussion of how is your view on this topic and what will increase the fun on playing this game for both sides (killers and survivors).
I'm playing the game for a few months now and made me an overview of the strengths and weaknesses of killers and survivors and what perks they are using for which style of play. It figured out that Barbecue and Chilli is a must-use perk nearly for all killers. Killers like the new added Spirit or the old Hillbilly and Nurse are counting to the most mobile ones when talking about to cross the map (depending on which map) really fast to get the next victim due to the live footage of the survivors movement by barbecue and chilli. Some players think that BBQ is a game breaker and I found main killers who think that too and are open for discussion and a rework of this perk.
On survivors side you also have some perks that show you the live aura of the killer for plenty seconds (i.e. Dark Sense) or give you an acoustic signal if you are looking in the direction of the killer but most of them are not used as there are other perks that have more advantages. Hell yes if you want to see the killer's aura than use the necessary perks! ![]()
Just a few examples: Borrowed Time, Bond and Adrenaline.
Now I want to explain my idea of a rework for perks that are showing the aura of survivors or killers:
1 idea: remove the live movement of the Barbecue and Chilli, Dark Sense for the complete time of active.
Show the live movement for have of the time and then freeze it so you have to guess if the one you want to get is still going the same way or going the opposite way. It will become a mind game for the killer and survivors to go the right way to achieve their goal (get the next survivor or avoid the killer).
2 idea: Tier cap of Barbecue and Chilli based on the movement speed. Killers that need to run all the time
without any addition speed boost can get the highest tier of the perk (purple tier 3) while killers with high movement speed get lower tiers only (yellow/green tier 1/2).
That's it from my side. I'm interested to read your oppinion about the topic and your ideas.
Good hunting and stay alive!
Greetings,
Massi
Comments
Hide behind a gen or run in a direction for 4s then turn, here we go you countered the perk.
For other perks they are fine too like dark sense which activate only on breaking actions and most of these are during a chase
The perks are fine the maps aren't
Basically this ^^
The perk doesn't need changing to begin with, it's one of the most balanced perks in the game currently and even the community manager agrees with that. You literally don't even have to use another perk to counter it, you just play differently. Honestly, the only reason many killers use it is because of the bloodpoint bonus. If it didn't have that you'd probably barely see it ran at all. I know I probably wouldn't.
BBQ is not going to be changed /thread
Also yes this is a cry thread, you want it nerfed.
I'd like BBQ's BP gain just as a killer passive to give me an incentive to not tunnel the crap out of survs. I actually hate using the perk all the time, it kills build diversity for me and BBQ often does nothing except for a miniscule BP gain.
What if BBQ & Chili's aura-reading had a range limit that was "attached" to the hook?
The aura's duration would be better balanced, as it would then be based on each Killer's mobility.
This sums up my feelings entirely. I couldn't give a damn about the aura on either killer or survivor; there's counterplay, and if people can't figure that out then that's their problem. I acknowledge on Killer it would still be a strong perk on Billy, Nurse, Spirit, and possibly Wraith. The points component is what's really shoving it into every build. If bloodpoints were more rewarding without it you'd see more build diversity and frankly it would still be a good perk on fast killers.
In my case I'm not asking for a nerf. I'm wanting builds to be less chained to this crap because of a BP bonus. WGLF is even worse because it screws a team over by offering literally nothing tangible. Its just as stupid. Moving the points from the perk would be liberating; and if you want to encourage the behavior of hooking each person once then that can be criteria for the hunt for that bonus.