Sbmm & flashlights

Just something I'm seeing with every flashlight in the lobby and gotta know.

Since when can survivors blind you from outside the field of view while facing a wall/corner?

Legit feels like they are doing it through the back of the killer's head.

Comments

  • If the wall has the tiniest crack they can still blind you

  • He doesn't mean cracks in walls. He's saying being blinded in your eardrums and it works. Literally don't even see the Survivor or the flashlight on your screen. And maybe even BARELY see the flashlight's beam of light itself.


    Gotta read posts better. Don't skim & respond. Pet peeve of mine...

  • @vacaman said:

    If the wall has the tiniest crack they can still blind you

    Nope, solid walls and map corners. I'm familiar with gap saves.

  • @TGB said:

    He doesn't mean cracks in walls. He's saying being blinded in your eardrums and it works. Literally don't even see the Survivor or the flashlight on your screen. And maybe even BARELY see the flashlight's beam of light itself.

    Gotta read posts better. Don't skim & respond. Pet peeve of mine...

    Yep this

  • @TGB said:

    He doesn't mean cracks in walls. He's saying being blinded in your eardrums and it works. Literally don't even see the Survivor or the flashlight on your screen. And maybe even BARELY see the flashlight's beam of light itself.

    Gotta read posts better. Don't skim & respond. Pet peeve of mine...

    Please don't call the manager I apologize

  • I'm wondering if it's related to the FOV perks being bugged, I swear the average flashlight I've gone against has a wider "success" range than normal since the patch.

  • LOL what do flashlights have to do with SBMM at all?? You never even addressed it in your comment. Seems stupidly clickbait to me. care to elaborate how SBMM has ANYTHING to do with items?

  • Honestly, when I get beamers in my games, it's a sigh of relief because more often then not, they're are just following me around doing nothing once I break out the look at a wall or fake a pick up tech.

  • I've been a victim of this AND seen it happen as survivor. Blinded in the ear canal is a rough way to go.

  • @Jasix said:

    LOL what do flashlights have to do with SBMM at all?? You never even addressed it in your comment. Seems stupidly clickbait to me. care to elaborate how SBMM has ANYTHING to do with items?

    The higher the caliber of survivors, the more accurate and crazy the flashlights get. I've seen some impressive saves before sbmm, but nothing on this level.

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2485305#Comment_2485305

    The higher the caliber of survivors, the more accurate and crazy the flashlights get. I've seen some impressive saves before sbmm, but nothing on this level.

    Hmmm haven't noticed as killer or survivor. Seems about same to me.

  • Yep, and after my 90 degree stun robbing me of my first hook of a game, I became a child of the light. One flashlight? Run Lightborn. Flashlight betas are as boosted as they come. The amount of free hits and downs you will get rivals basically any other perk you could bring. Trust.

  • Hey, you, you're finally awake, it is in the game for a year, or something.

    And yes, flashlights are just stupid, not only you have to deal with latency, but being blinded by light on your ear is stupid. I am also using Lightborn a lot now.