SBMM and SWF - How does it work?

As per my title, I was wondering if anyone here knows how the SBMM works in relation to SWF?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • There is no official statement as far as I am aware. We need to wait for anecdotes of people who play a lot of swf and solo to see if the killer discrepancy exists as most games usually balance stacking by placing stacks against higher mmr solos to compensate.

  • I played with a friend who has stopped playing DBD for a while and only came back because of MMR.

    His MMR is realistically non-existant, but the Killers we faced were... At best, below average.

    It wasn't a complete stomp, but they definitely weren't completely clueless

  • SWF MMR is averaged.

    Using entirely hypothetical figures, if you have one survivor with an MMR of 1000 and one with 2000, they'll queue up with s combined MMR of 1500.

  • By my experience if they take a very good survivor and medium-low skill surv they take a medium skill killer.I played with the twins (the killer I play the less) and I had a guy who was very good at looping and mindgames ( or using streched) and 3 surv ez to down.

  • A while ago they changed the old matchmaking to take the highest rank instead of an average. I assume they do the same thing now, queue using the highest MMR.

  • @Artick said:

    A while ago they changed the old matchmaking to take the highest rank instead of an average. I assume they do the same thing now, queue using the highest MMR.

    What's "a while ago"? Becaused averaged MMR was confirmed only a month or so ago.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2483770#Comment_2483770

    What's "a while ago"? Becaused averaged MMR was confirmed only a month or so ago.

    I clearly stated "THE OLD MATCHMAKING", the ones which used ranks. Because of this, I assumed that their new matchmaking(MMR) will work the same way and just take the highest MMR.

    To my knowledge, they never stated that MMR will be averaged for SWF.

  • Who the ######### knows, the players certainly dont. BHVR might but I'm not even certain of that tbh.

  • @Artick said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2483782#Comment_2483782

    I clearly stated "THE OLD MATCHMAKING", the ones which used ranks. Because of this, I assumed that their new matchmaking(MMR) will work the same way and just take the highest MMR.

    To my knowledge, they never stated that MMR will be averaged for SWF.

    @MandyTalk

  • We don't even know how mmr works for anything!

    Solo-Q, killers, we don't even know what the devs think a win is.

    So yeah I'm interested how sbmm works for swf, but we don't even know how it works at all.

    I just want a simple reassurance that they don't heavily rely on escapes vs sacrifices only.

  • @Kaitsja said:

    As per my title, I was wondering if anyone here knows how the SBMM works in relation to SWF?

    It works out the average score of the party and matches up with a killer around that score.