SBMM is disappointing - Matches Have Random Results With Longer Que Times

Before SBMM my matches, both as killer and survivor, were very unfair match-making wise. There was no consistency in the skill level of my team mates/opponents. And it was by complete chance that I was matched up with people who provided a fair challenge.

Now that SBMM is here I have played at least 50+ games and noticed absolutely no difference besides longer que times. I cannot even see what my MMR is to identify if it's working. The devs might say it is. But from my experience it might as well not even exist.

Has anyone actually noticed a positive outcome from their games since the update?

Comments

  • Played a few survivor matches and it felt the exact same. Haven’t tried killer yet though

  • Same. It feels even worse than the last test. At least on survivor side, need to play more killer today but it wont be fun since half of my favorite killers are either bugged or perks I use on them are bugged.

    And yes the queue times are really bad. The only positive from last test for me was that at least the queue times were fast...

  • The mmr definitely works. I went from needing people to stand still at exit gates to doing my Nurse daily to 4 man slugging. That is a DRAMATIC difference.

    I had some weird Basement Bubba games that felt like before though, a mixture of survivors that loop you for days and others who hide while I was staring at them revving the chainsaw... So, idk?

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    The mmr definitely works. I went from needing people to stand still at exit gates to doing my Nurse daily to 4 man slugging. That is a DRAMATIC difference.

    I had some weird Basement Bubba games that felt like before though, a mixture of survivors that loop you for days and others who hide while I was staring at them revving the chainsaw... So, idk?

    How many games have you played so far?

  • I do not know, maybe a dozen? I have mostly been playing Pinhead (and I think he is bad, so, you know, I am clearly not the best at him) and the survivors are HORRIBLE.


    I need to try my mains that I tryhard on to see the difference. I was mostly just testing the low end today.

  • Playing as killer, I got consistently more difficult matches, but queues were WAY longer.

    As survivor, nothing different from the previous system, honestly.

  • Untitled Image Untitled Image

    Now before people say 'hurrdurr ranks don't mean anything' the MMR was reset recently and you are only going to be that high in rank if you are either: new or took a long ass break. They all played like new people. This happens in solo queue. Games when everyone is the same grade are just as inconsistent. One game you got potatoes and the next you got coordinated people. Its no different than before except that people aren't gonna depip past their grade so eventually the problem is going to be hidden in that regard but plainly obvious for anyone playing.


    tldr: the mmr is just as bad. the problem is just going to be hidden on end screen.

  • I have not seen a difference so far.

    Wait, you have done nothing but play Dbd for the last 12h and 30min?`What the [BAD WORD].

  • @Emeal said:

    I have not seen a difference so far.

    Wait, you have done nothing but play Dbd for the last 12h and 30min?`What the #########.

    I have lots of free time. And I like learning new killers.

  • c30bfa5e-0e7e-4627-bb3d-737b7890d69d.png

    The match making on console is taking 5-10 minutes in some instances and then you get matches like this.


    It's absolutely horrible.

    There is no fairness. No skill matching. I mean you removed ranks and added grades so people would stop complaining but you still give us disastrous match ups.


    You can't tell me that myself, at a miserable Bronze rank (because I have terrible teams and can't do everything) is playing at the same skill level as that Red 3 Freddy who mopped the floor with us.

  • My games have gotten consistently easier somehow, but yeah my queues have been like triple they were before.

  • Personally, all my matches have been better and more equalized, fun, fair, on both sides.

  • Played like 10/15 trials now as a survivor. At start it was really bs... was matched with new players etc... More i play and more it's consistent even though not perfect.

    i'm now matched with players still udner my level (especially in chases) but it gets better

  • One month later and MMR is still a joke.

  • @Ohnoes said:

    One month later and MMR is still a joke.

    ^^^