I take it back, Spirit is broken

I don't know what I was going on about with Spirit having reliable counterplay, maybe because I've been playing on Switch for the last 2 months, but with the right build & even without add-ons you're getting steamrolled. The Stridor nerf wasn't enough imo.

Comments

  • Well she has been bugged the last couple months or so, might have something to do with it.

  • i deal with spirit just fine unless they are a god, and if thats the case you just kinda lose.

  • My stance has never been "Spirit has an excellent amount of counterplay" myself as much as "the game is filled with BS mechanics that don't have counterplay, so why do we care about Spirit in particular?"

  • @MarcoPoloYolo said:

    My stance has never been "Spirit has an excellent amount of counterplay" myself as much as "the game is filled with BS mechanics that don't have counterplay, so why do we care about Spirit in particular?"

    Yup, I've taken this stance a long time ago and it has helped me not get frustrated at the game anymore.

  • @MarcoPoloYolo said:

    My stance has never been "Spirit has an excellent amount of counterplay" myself as much as "the game is filled with BS mechanics that don't have counterplay, so why do we care about Spirit in particular?"

    Probably because her BS is the easiest and by far the most reliable, and also has the added flavour of being miserable to go against no matter what due to her power literally being taking away any info from survivors. Sure, there's a lot of BS mechanics, but only one killer can be the BS Queen

  • Character arc, proud of you corn

  • Stridor was never the issue, it just carried the usual pepegas that mained Freddy before his nerf. You can still hear footsteps despite Iron Will so there really is no reason to run it if you're skilled at listening and predicting (to a degree).


    Good Spirits have no counter, let's be real, people need to stop with this meme that she's fine and just admit they want easy wins. Most people play DBD because it's kind of easy. No shame in it.


    The funny thing is, actual Spirit Mains that aren't comp psychos are usually completely fine with the notion of her being tweaked to be more of an A rank killer like Huntress, Pyramid Head, Deathslinger (ugh) or Oni. People that actually play her for fun and the skill aspect rather than easy wins tend to prefer her not being bitched about and actually be fun for everyone. But there are those that just want to stomp. Because they fear survivors that are collectively better than them.

  • If they just added an indicator when she's phasing it would make a world of difference. Being able to stand still and defeat all counterplay at loops is bogus.

  • And just like that, the Spirit threads are returning…

  • @Mercês said:

    There was a time where they would complain about my crimes,

    They would write essays for me, that were not this lime, but instead sublime;

    I know I'm cursed, because they are always expecting the worse,

    Some say I want them slugged, when instead I'm wanting them hugged,

    That curse is upon me you see, cause it's not necessary to get them bugged, to have them unplugged;

    Now that others have came, I'm inside a depression,

    it's all fault of my obsession, I can't question,

    that Blight is a regression, a transgression,

    and I can't keep my discretion, because of such agression;

    They would put me in the top, but now some say I'm going to drop,

    There were always saying that I was strong, now I can't even accept the fact I no longer belong;

    I have never had vision, therefore lacked precision and relied on indecision,

    In such a condition, they removed my colision, and increased my imprecision,

    Now they removed the footsteps, turning everything more complex,

    Maybe soon I won't see even objects, how then will I torment my subjects?

    Oh god what did I do to get so unloved by my beloveds?

    It's time to rest, you see. Wonder when they will remember of me.

    Spirit wasn't happy.

    Spirit is happy now.

  • @GannTM said:

    And just like that, the Spirit threads are returning…

    I blame you

  • @Hippie said:

    If they just added an indicator when she's phasing it would make a world of difference. Being able to stand still and defeat all counterplay at loops is bogus.

    That's where I stand; a large part of her counterplay is lucky guessing.