First game I ever played as Wraith and Trickster and I got 2 sweat squads with 1000 hours or more

Am I missing something or what? Wasn't it clearly stated multiple times that the first matches with killers you never played before were supposed to be easy?

Then why have I met 2 full sweat squad already with red/gold grades in my first Wraith and Trickster games ever?

And on top of all of this, I haven't even played the game in like 3/4 months and if the old rank system was still here I'd surely be at brown ranks.

When I last played months ago, I was legit getting easier survivors at purple rank with killers I always used to play. This is literally the complete opposite of what SBMM should do or am I missing something? Are you supposed to play more games in order for this SBMM to actually start working?

Comments

  • The survivors are also probably at really low mmr considering it just released. Its gonna take time before everyone falls into place

  • @GhostMaceNotCrusty said:

    The survivors are also probably at really low mmr considering it just released. Its gonna take time before everyone falls into place

    If that's the case I suppose it makes sense. I thought they already had the data required to place people around ready.

  • It also raises your SBMM based on you playing other killers. If you've played an awful lot of other killers their base SBMM will be higher than normal.

  • When you try out a Killer for the first time the MMR will be around the same of all your other Killers. After a few games it will be adjusted.

    You cannot start at 0 with a new Killer, this would just cause big problems.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    When you try out a Killer for the first time the MMR will be around the same of all your other Killers. After a few games it will be adjusted.

    You cannot start at 0 with a new Killer, this would just cause big problems.

    It did cause problems, do you remember when the early MMR tests did just that, it was just massive smurfing with killers that you rarely played.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    It also raises your SBMM based on you playing other killers. If you've played an awful lot of other killers their base SBMM will be higher than normal.

    I haven't played in months. Before those 2 Wraith and Trickster games I played only 1 as Clown (and got way easier survivors even if Clown is one of the main killers I use alongside Leatherface lol).

  • @konchok said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2482212#Comment_2482212

    It did cause problems, do you remember when the early MMR tests did just that, it was just massive smurfing with killers that you rarely played.

    Exactly.

    Another thing would be new Killer releases, it is impossible that everyone starts at 0. This would mean horrible Queue Times when thousands of Killers queue up with 0 SBMM-Rating. Let alone that the Survivors will have a horrible time, since they are actually new to the game.

  • Then it's entirely possible that their SBMM was lower than usual, or yours got a lot higher from successful games trying to place you