Grade Reset to rank 20 might be overkill
I feel like the reset to the lowest grade is an overkill.
So there is a total of 85 pips, so it would require 3 wins per day or rather 6 for both roles, to reach Iridescent 1, provided there won't be any displeased entities. As there will be certain maps with swat teams, some games will be simply unwinable with certain killers and builds.
Sure, it's possible to doublepip, but that shouldn't happen too often against players of your level and for some killer like pig, it's difficult to build up Deviousness, so when I 4K with 12 hooks (and 30K BP), it's often still just Ruthless Killer. Or a 3K with 6 hooks (without camping/tunneling) would still be an Entity Displeased, not even Brutal killer.
Given that at the low grades, it won't be noob stomping until gold grades are reached, but the same level of rank 1 players from the getgo, I feel like apart from those who play the game as a fulltime job won't have a chance to reach Iridescent 1, not because of skill, but because they just can't sink that much time in and the reward for that amount of grind is fairly low. Besides, playing that amount of time, they'll likely have more than plenty of BP.
I think it'd also encourage sweatier play. I play a Pig witha meme build (yellow addons, surge, whispers, monito, bbq) and got to rank 1 and often give hatch to the last one or rather have an 8hook 0K game than a 5hooks 3K with tunneling or forced head pops. And it didn't matter much, I'd still get to Rank 1 and wouldn't need to go beyond safte pips after that, but now players incentivised to go for merciless 4Ks and more might resort to camping/tunneling.
Perhaps the required pips could be halved or safty pip be easier to give everyone a chance to get to Iridescent 1, unless it's inteded that those will be reserved for full time streamers only.
TL;DR: the best grade should obviously not be gifted, but it should be achievable without treating the game like a full-time job. Needing 6 won matches a day (3 for survivor, 3 for killer), every day, is already a lot of time, provided you never depip. The ocasional depip or saftypip might turn it into 10 matches per day or more, leaving Iridescent 1 unachievable without playing something like 100-200 hours/month and leaves less room for fun playstyles and non-meta builds
Comments
Ranking was a display of time spent playing the game. This is what grades will be. Players who play more will get a higher grade, this is the only purpose of grades.
Skill goes into SBMM.
Grades will only show what a dbd addict you are and how well you know the emblem system.
At least you can't depip down to a lower grade anymore.
I will wait how it works out.
Yes, you can't lose a grade, but you can depip within the grade. I'm aware that it serves no matchmaking purpose, but I still think that getting the top reward should be possible with a more reasonable monthly playtime.
As it is now, the players who will get the 250k BP won't really need it with the BPs they'll get from the time they'd have to sink into the grind.
That is true. The 250k are not enough for rank 1. I can get that in 5 matches with BBQ on Freddy.
I think that rank 1 should give at least 1M BP+ 1k shards.
Rank 2: 750k + 500
Rank 3: 600k +250
Rank 4: 450k
Rank 5/6: 250k
Rank 7/8: 100k
Rank 9-12: 75k
Rank 13-16: 50k
Rank 17-20: 25k