just give a reason to play survivor. like double bp or even let them collect more vials.
No need to be entitled saying stuff like that
If you enjoy survivor you play it regardless like I do. I would give more bp to survivors in general but during the event you still earn bp if someone exhaust the plant.
BTW to the OP I think they had something like that already. I might be wrong but I think you are most likely to encounter even purple ranks if takes too long and you are in red ranks so I think might be just a net code problems. If someone knows better feel free to share
The problem stems from the 30 Survivor Vials being 4x easier to complete than the Killer Vials.
There are 4 Survivor slots and 1 Killer slot in every lobby, so it should be the other way around; it should be 4x easier to complete 30 Killer Vials than Survivor Vials.
Let's say there are 5,000 players during this event.
4,000 Survivors and 1,000 Killers go about completing their 30 Vials.
Let's say they finished in the same amount of time (won't happen, since Survivor Vials takes less time/effort).
Now the Survivors and Killers swap roles.
There are now 4,000 Killers matchmaking with 1,000 Survivors.
Only 250 Killer lobbies will fill up. The other 3,750 Killers now have to wait for Survivors in the existing 250 matches to die or escape.
@Nos37 said:
During the events, let the killer lobbies open up to all Ranks after t seconds, where t is less than 10 minutes.
They already do operate this way so you know.
If they literally just allowed survivors to collect bloodpoints with vials after 30 this ENTIRE problem would be fixed. Being unable to go past 30 is the whole reason killer que's are ridiculous right now. This isn't mentioning how everyone's got petal offerings that are totally worthless stacked in their inventory because of that 30 limit. They seriously need to hotfix this and solve the problem.
@Blueberry The offerings aren't totally worthless since you still get bonus blood pints post game for using them. You get bonus BP just as if you'd used BPS the only difference is you can't get the extra 4k per plant cleansed out unless someones still doing it.
@powerbats said: @Blueberry The offerings aren't totally worthless since you still get bonus blood pints post game for using them. You get bonus BP just as if you'd used BPS the only difference is you can't get the extra 4k per plant cleansed out unless someones still doing it.
That would be great if I wasn't at rank 1 where everyone is a try hard and grinded all the vials on the first day the event happened. Now we are back to gen rush while the killer tries to carry people all the way across the map to get his vials.
@powerbats said: @Blueberry The offerings aren't totally worthless since you still get bonus blood pints post game for using them. You get bonus BP just as if you'd used BPS the only difference is you can't get the extra 4k per plant cleansed out unless someones still doing it.
That would be great if I wasn't at rank 1 where everyone is a try hard and grinded all the vials on the first day the event happened. Now we are back to gen rush while the killer tries to carry people all the way across the map to get his vials.
Yeah the event slowing down the matches lasted for like..a day lol. Now I'm even tighter on time as no one needs the plants anymore and we're still trying to cross map carry.
@powerbats said: @Blueberry The offerings aren't totally worthless since you still get bonus blood pints post game for using them. You get bonus BP just as if you'd used BPS the only difference is you can't get the extra 4k per plant cleansed out unless someones still doing it.
That would be great if I wasn't at rank 1 where everyone is a try hard and grinded all the vials on the first day the event happened. Now we are back to gen rush while the killer tries to carry people all the way across the map to get his vials.
Yeah the event slowing down the matches lasted for like..a day lol. Now I'm even tighter on time as no one needs the plants anymore and we're still trying to cross map carry.
I hate it. I need like 5 more vials on killer. I get 1 per match because I normally 4k but issue is at rank 3 (my current killer rank) I have 20+ minute queue times, none of the survivors want to farm because they have done their flowers and I am seeing an influx of boil over and DS to deny me my event hooks. Even to the point that if I carry them towards an event hook and they DS or struggle free they run back to where they were so that I have to hook them on a normal hook instead. I have stopped wiggling as a survivor because I know how frustrating it is to get the vials after the long queue times. I know that as a killer if they are carrying me to an event hook they are not doing it for the BP's they are doing it for the vials plus it wastes time carrying me across the map.
We just need everyone doing survivor vials to switch to the New York Download Region or any other singular region, that way we can all converge on the same region.
However, dedicated servers would solve this issue too.
I'm still finding people doing it survivor side including people just starting it up, most have very few vials and i'm letting everyone farm for the most part. I think part of the issue is that everyone powered through it so quickly the population shifted.
If you remember both the Summer BBQ event where killers got their cosmetic within half a day if not the 1st day while most survivors took a lot longer. So prior to this event everyone was saying how easy killer would be to get so most people did survivor side.
Those that started killer got it almost immediately due to survivors literally throwing themselves at the hook. Those people quickly blew through survivor side and now are trying to do it killer side. I got my killer side done 2 days ago but even then it took me forever to get mine due to lobbies.
@Peanits said:
That is already a thing, except it's a lot lower than 10 minutes, IIRC.
Nah, i still face only Rank 1s after waiting for 60 minutes.
Oooh, u mean it was an idea, very good one actually, i wonder when the devs will implement that...
No, it's already a thing. That feature ensures that no matter what, you'll get a game eventually.
This does not, however, jump you up to being first in line. If another person has been waiting for survivors longer than you, the game will prioritize them first. When it's your turn, IF there's no good matches, it'll open up the matchmaking a little and start to accept increasingly larger ranges of ranks.
Opening up the matchmaking does not change how many people are waiting, basically.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
just give a reason to play survivor. like double bp or even let them collect more vials.
If you enjoy survivor you play it regardless like I do. I would give more bp to survivors in general but during the event you still earn bp if someone exhaust the plant.
BTW to the OP I think they had something like that already. I might be wrong but I think you are most likely to encounter even purple ranks if takes too long and you are in red ranks so I think might be just a net code problems. If someone knows better feel free to share
The problem stems from the 30 Survivor Vials being 4x easier to complete than the Killer Vials.
There are 4 Survivor slots and 1 Killer slot in every lobby, so it should be the other way around; it should be 4x easier to complete 30 Killer Vials than Survivor Vials.
Let's say there are 5,000 players during this event.
4,000 Survivors and 1,000 Killers go about completing their 30 Vials.
Let's say they finished in the same amount of time (won't happen, since Survivor Vials takes less time/effort).
Now the Survivors and Killers swap roles.
There are now 4,000 Killers matchmaking with 1,000 Survivors.
Only 250 Killer lobbies will fill up. The other 3,750 Killers now have to wait for Survivors in the existing 250 matches to die or escape.
At least if we can get something out of it now either side would actually play the entirety of the game instead of stick in one role all the time
If we are lucky soon everything would get fixed soon in a way or another
They already do operate this way so you know.
If they literally just allowed survivors to collect bloodpoints with vials after 30 this ENTIRE problem would be fixed. Being unable to go past 30 is the whole reason killer que's are ridiculous right now. This isn't mentioning how everyone's got petal offerings that are totally worthless stacked in their inventory because of that 30 limit. They seriously need to hotfix this and solve the problem.
@Blueberry The offerings aren't totally worthless since you still get bonus blood pints post game for using them. You get bonus BP just as if you'd used BPS the only difference is you can't get the extra 4k per plant cleansed out unless someones still doing it.
That would be great if I wasn't at rank 1 where everyone is a try hard and grinded all the vials on the first day the event happened. Now we are back to gen rush while the killer tries to carry people all the way across the map to get his vials.
Yeah the event slowing down the matches lasted for like..a day lol. Now I'm even tighter on time as no one needs the plants anymore and we're still trying to cross map carry.
I hate it. I need like 5 more vials on killer. I get 1 per match because I normally 4k but issue is at rank 3 (my current killer rank) I have 20+ minute queue times, none of the survivors want to farm because they have done their flowers and I am seeing an influx of boil over and DS to deny me my event hooks. Even to the point that if I carry them towards an event hook and they DS or struggle free they run back to where they were so that I have to hook them on a normal hook instead. I have stopped wiggling as a survivor because I know how frustrating it is to get the vials after the long queue times. I know that as a killer if they are carrying me to an event hook they are not doing it for the BP's they are doing it for the vials plus it wastes time carrying me across the map.
That is already a thing, except it's a lot lower than 10 minutes, IIRC.
Nah, i still face only Rank 1s after waiting for 60 minutes.
Oooh, u mean it was an idea, very good one actually, i wonder when the devs will implement that...
We just need everyone doing survivor vials to switch to the New York Download Region or any other singular region, that way we can all converge on the same region.
However, dedicated servers would solve this issue too.
I'm still finding people doing it survivor side including people just starting it up, most have very few vials and i'm letting everyone farm for the most part. I think part of the issue is that everyone powered through it so quickly the population shifted.
If you remember both the Summer BBQ event where killers got their cosmetic within half a day if not the 1st day while most survivors took a lot longer. So prior to this event everyone was saying how easy killer would be to get so most people did survivor side.
Those that started killer got it almost immediately due to survivors literally throwing themselves at the hook. Those people quickly blew through survivor side and now are trying to do it killer side. I got my killer side done 2 days ago but even then it took me forever to get mine due to lobbies.
This does not, however, jump you up to being first in line. If another person has been waiting for survivors longer than you, the game will prioritize them first. When it's your turn, IF there's no good matches, it'll open up the matchmaking a little and start to accept increasingly larger ranges of ranks.
Opening up the matchmaking does not change how many people are waiting, basically.
In any case, it should be fixed now.
Oh, that makes sense now.