Are you supposed to be able to fast vault in this situation?
Someone working on the gen in the killer shack back to the window.
I come in and swing. They SOMEHOW time DH so ungodly perfect and they impact the window with it. Then from stationary position fast vault out the window and I miss a 2nd time.
is this supposed to be how it works? Why is it people on PC can always fast vault seemingly no matter when? I don't get it?
Comments
I think you can fast vault from stationary if you are directly in front of it.
Normally you need 1-2 meters. But i wouldnt be surprised if there is a tech, which changes that.
Whats this "tech" stuff people speak of. I am out of the loop on this lingo.
I'm guessing what happened was the survivor kept spamming the vault button mid dead hard, which queued up the vault ASAP. As dead hard slowly lowers survivor acceleration, until they are the normal 100% speed, which is the speed needed to hit a fast vault, the survivor having queued it immidiately after means that they would vault the window while the game thinks they are at 100% movement speed. Therefore allowing a fast vault even while "stationary" since the game saw them technically moving at 100% speed or over.
I dont know the exact definition, but you could say tech are tricks.
For example the CJ Tech: a pallet is dropped. At one side is the killer and a downed survivor, on the other side is a survivor with a flashlight. If the killer tries to break the pallet, but the flashlight survivor slides over it, the killer picks up the downed survivor instead bc its impossible to break the pallet, now the survivor can vault back and get an flashlight save.
If you search for DBD tech, you should find a list with many techs.
Yes, Dead Hard allows survivors to fast vault. It's yet another way in which that perk is broken - it has its own set of rules on fast vaulting. Only I don't think it's intentional because it's certainly not consistent.
How odd. The very person who made me make this topic then DID just that very thing later in the match, It didn't work and I was like....are you a total moron? Why would you jump over to my side? So he was trying that then.
There is tech to fast vaulting windows that are not supposed to be fast vaulted. I wouldn't be able to explain very well. basically you can run along a wall and "glide" until your character model shifts to left(or right) to a window and then press vault prompt. if you do it quickly enough, you will fast vault window even if your not 1-2 meters away from the window.
The tech was easier to do before because all you had to do is run into the window for 2 seconds than press vault though this tech has been patched out for being too much of exploit.
I recommend practicing the tech on a L type jungle gym or the 4 wall loop window. it can come in handy in certain situations.