So... About these Pinhead changes

Good that you're making the portal less finicky on maps with multiple floors, as well as making survivors holding the lament configuration getting attacked by chains much more often, etc, but the rest of the changes you've lost me.

Who asked for the portal to only be placed for 6 seconds, I don't remember anyone complaining about it being open too long (Now the chances of waiting by a nearly done gen to surprise survivors with a hook are long gone). I don't remember people saying to make chains spawn faster if they're broken by the environment OR the killer.

I specifically remember everyone saying the same thing, make it to where chains don't break on the environment, (or not breaking on the killer was an alternative), and that his chains should hold onto survivors for another half second, and that's all he needed because he was a solid killer.

You didn't even say anything about how survivors can abuse his teleport by solving the lament configuration on an elevated ledge, causing Pinhead to spawn BELOW the survivor. This can easily be abused on many maps (RPD, DeadDawg, Haddonfield, etc) and has potential to be abused on others (Basically all maps that have elevated surfaces, oh wait that's every other map I didn't list)

Once again BHVR makes changes nobody suggested or asked for and just might have ruined a good killer.

We'll see in 5 days. I'm not getting my hopes up, and neither should you.

Comments

  • I think those changes are solid, a lot of his issues are adressed with them and nothing important was lost.

    Who even used the portal and waited for 6s+ ? Probably people camping something be it gens or gates otherwise maybe people with bad aim waiting for survivor to stand still.

    He was very close to be good and with these changes he imo will be. And even if not, that's what the next midchapter is for.

  • Pinhead shouldn't break his own chains.

    It also sounds like a situation where a survivor can take the chain hunt hostage. Which is a bad idea IMO.

    Not sure why there's a 6 second limit. I feel like his power lost some usage to it with that, which makes him unique and interesting. I think a greater limit would make more sense.

  • The only issue I have with the changes: they still haven't solved the box holding problem IMO. The chain hunt needs to progress on all players, not just the box holder. His chase didn't seem good enough in PTB to warrant survivors being able to lock out chain hunt that easily.