How competitive would DBD be at the highest level if it was 3 vs. 1?

I thought about this in a recent match where (after it loaded) someone immediately DCed (i.e., it was a 3 vs. 1 from the very beginning). I thought it would be a stomp, but the remaining 3 people were fantastic and I didn't 3K them until only 1 gen was left. I saw later that the last 3 were all rank 1 or 2.

We know (or at least everyone thinks) that no killer (even spirit and nurse) have a real chance against tournament level survivors. How even would a 3 vs. 1 be? Would the math of facecamping make it an impossibility for the survivors to win, or would things be competitive?

Comments

  • Depends on what "win" conditions are. Tournaments have rules, and those would have to change in 3vs1 scenario.

  • Not at all. If the three were able to keep up from the start, that just means the skill level gap between the two sides was probably huge. On a closer gap, it wouls for sure be a stomp in the Killer's favor.

  • I'm sorry to telling you this, but those weren't tournaments level survivor, and you probably aren't a tournament level killer, plus everybody would still use spirit and nurse, since their the strongest killer in the game, maybe even blight since he's our favorite pinball.

  • Comp level killers have a chance against comp level survivors. Matchmaking is everything.

    As to the OP's question: a remotely competent killer would win every game if it was 3v1. My general rule of thumb in comp is that it's always advantageous to hard tunnel someone out and force a 3v1 with 2 or more gens remaining. So a 3v1 at 5 gens would be hilariously killer-sided

  • There would be a 99% killrate everywhere outside of tournaments