Do Hillbilly's Add-Ons Need Buffs?
While I don't play much as Billy I do enjoy playing against him. That being said it feels like he's been underperforming ever since his rework/nerf last year. I rarely encounter him in red rank matches and when I do I find it almost too easy to loop him. I'm currently looking at all of his add-ons and it surprises me how almost all of them have have negative effects to compensate for the buffs they grant or are super situational like Mother's Helper, Black Grease, and Big Buckle.
Comments
I’d rather they buff his base kit then make him reliant on add ons
Forgot to mention FIX HIS DAMN COOLDOWN ANIMATION
Not only his addons, but his flicking ability too. That needs to come back.
I don’t remember them ever nerfing his flick.
The better question is: Does Billy need buffs in general?
The answer is: YES!
I don't think it needs to be a strong as it was before but finding a middle ground on his flick would def help as well. Blight is just a better 2-hit Billy at this point.
It was shadow-nerfed with the overheat update
His turning at the beginning and end of the charge is dramatically worse
Has this been tested? I honestly haven’t seen anyone say this before and since I’ve only played billy since his rework I wouldn’t know
It's definitely noticeable where as before you could get like a 90 degree flick at the end of a saw.
IMO the only changes to his Add Ons are the Engravings. Those should increase the Overheat-Limit to compensate for the extra-heat gained due to the longer Chargetime.
When it comes to Basekit, I still think he is alright, but they should fix his animations and FOV. It is better when using Shadowborn, but I should not have to run a Perk to make BIlly feel like before they changed the animations.