I need a straw poll
It's really odd. I don't play the game anymore since april, but sometimes i still read posts in this sub, because i still care a bit. Not as much as before, but still enough that i post this.
But i am really curious about, how long it takes for more and more people to realize, that this game is unbalanceable.
I do not want to talk about a specific problem, but just look at the last 2 to 3 years, there are problems, that are still not solved, that suck the fun out for survivors and killers.
The devs will keep on the slow pace of balancing, because enough people are addicted to the game and buy every new DLC.
Comments
I think plenty of people realize that the game can never truly be balanced, it's just that lot of us sort of adjust our expectations. I don't expect to 4K with Clown every game, nor do I expect the Killer to be kind when I'm playing Survivor, it is what it is, but there's joy in all that chaos, at the end of the day. So long as one's in the mood.
That's not to say there aren't issues that need looking into, but a perfectly balanced asymmetrical game is an oxymoron.
here you go
The main balance issue is, that the devs balance around 2 kills, 2 escapes. While Archive Challenges exist. Where people play in a completely different way and often even "sabotage" their game, simply to get that one challenge done.
I just wish they were more clear upon WHAT they are balancing and why. Sometimes they just change stuff and say "Yep, we feel this change is what we want." and refuse to elaborate further. Tell us WHY you do what you do, what you consider balanced and what you do not. Its just so painful how they lack ANY transparency a lot of the time.
I picked this game up never intending for it to be a competitive game. It's 1v4 where two sides have two different objectives, there's just no way that can be balanced, so i never expected the competitive playerbase to be as large as it is.
What? It's clear it's competetive if you play against others.
i mean yes and no, it is competitive because we make it competitive, however often times these, "death squads" that people nebulously wave at, are often just 4 jackasses having fun and in that sense its casual.
Deathgarden failed when players made it too competitive.
*sips tea*
Well to be honest it's never going to be completely balanced. While I don't agree with ALOT of the balancing decisions they've made in the past, its no easy task to do.
Something that doesn't help is that there still isn't a set win condition, so what do you balance around? The 2 kills 2 escapes method is just really flawed with how RNG based the game is.
Balance around the things people hate? I mean, things that pop up daily?
Like camping / tunneling or keys? They nerfed mori, rightfully, because it sucked the fun out. The same is with keys and camping / tunneling. That problem is not new. They must have some sort of ideas to change that in a way, killers don't get too high disadvantage and survivors can not exploit it.
Yeah but i picked this game up because i thought it was a role play of sorts with licensed horror characters. That's what i feel like friday the 13th is. There isn't much room to take that game competitively which i like. PvP doesn't have to be as competitive as this game is.
Judging by all the posts on this forum, Steam, and Reddit, most DBD players, and I think it's high.. maybe 95%, have never played a competitive game at a high level to properly assess what is balanced and what isn't. Otherwise, all talks of balance should have been squashed after the first couple years (at least). This game is balanced for casual play, meanwhile a lot of players complain about things that don't really matter in the grand scheme of things. So to answer your question of how long it will take for people to realize that DBD cannot be balanced-- probably forever. Everyone likes to think they're experts and BHVR says just enough to let the playerbase argue amongst themselves which keeps interest alive. Team Survivor or Team Killer? I think it's a pretty smart move.