Beast of Prey Rework?
Beast of Prey is meant to make the killer unpredictable. However, since the undetectable status is only granted after 15 seconds of continued chase without activating a number of abilities I feel it could use a change.
I think that the unpredictability granted is great, but not very powerful. I think it would make more sense to have the undetectable status granted as soon as you enter chase. (it even fits with Anna's tome lore better, too, since she strikes from the shadows after giving away her location)
Also, the Bloodpoint thing is smart. I like that the way it is.
Comments
I like the bloodpoint bonus too of that perk. To be honest I'd love to see the bonus moved from the Hunting category to the Brutality category, since we already have Thrill of The Hunt that increase the Hunting category, while not having anything that increase the bonus for Brutality and Sacrifice yet.
I would add something like:
- Less time to reach different levels of bloodlust.
- Chase last longer if you lost sight of the survivor.
The second one is more for building chases where you know where the survivor is but you cant see it so "chase is over" and lost BoP buffs.
I like this, but I think you could take it a step further.
BEAST OF PREY
Bloodlust progresses 33% faster and your Red Stain is removed for the duration of the Trial. You become Undetectable while in Bloodlust. You are also granted 30/40/50% bonus Bloodpoints for actions in the Hunter category.
@TeknikBadger great ideas! Maybe swap Hunter for Brutality to not have Beast of Prey step on thrill of the hunt's feet?
Having Bloodlust faster is a bit unfair, and it would emphasize chasing like an idiot. The gameplay would be an absolute no brain mode on.
And survivors wouldn't have anything to counter that (only God pallets, but these are very limited).
As the OP said, some tweaks to the current effect would be nice, like a longer undetectable effect, or maybe something more. Even though I think that no perks should reward a Bloodlust use, as this was created to counter infinite loop, not being a major part of the killer gameplay.
good point.
@DoomedMind Maybe. I'll think of an alternate effect but there's still stronger chase perks out there. This is more of a beginner perk than anything, and it still takes 10s per Tier. Perhaps 25% would be more balanced. Bloodlust can still be countered if you can loop well enough to force them to break a Pallet or Wall, and even just looping for as long as you can if they refuse to leave you often pays off.