Idea to reduce the BP grind
I dont think I have seen this idea before, but first things first, let me introduce this idea properly:
Here we see 1.875.000 bloodpoints in grey addons, remaining unused since there 2 addons of yellow and green tier(or green and purple) that you'd have theoretically infinite of unless you stop refreshing bloodwebs, or a different addon that is simply better to use over the course of an entire match
Here is another 1.206.000 bloodpoints, that are very unlikely to be used at all.
This is 3.081.000 bloodpoints used on things that are almost never being used. And that's just 1 killer.
For survivors
1.965.000 BP that will either never see use, or only see use if I run out of other things due to never leveling the survivor.
Now that I've shown why this is obviously an issue, there are 3 solutions, that arent neccesarily mutually exclusive
- a sacrifice to the entity, where you use 2 items/addons/offerings to get a (partial) refund in BP OR get a higher item/addon/offering given to you at random(meaning there is a chance that 3 greys give 1 pink, which would be 100% fine as 2 greys=6000(purple) BP currently)
- make grey items/offerings/addons available to all at all times, fully removing them from future bloodwebs.
- make these items worth 1000 BP in bloodwebs, at most.
Personally, I'd rather see 1 and 2 being taken in effect, as 1 would solve a lot more than just the grey tier, give devs info on which items/addons/offerings are sacrificed the most and take that into balancing consideration as players rather dump the items than keeping them for builds.







Comments
Similar idea has been proposed countless times, along with the idea about removing perk tiers. Unfortunately, the devs don't care and don't intend to change anything about the grind.
Perk tiers are a coherent part of the design, the devs will never remove perk tiers.
1 of the solutions I have offered has been proposed quite often, which is why I added it because I think it's one of the best solutions that fits the lore of the entity perfectly. But other than players complaining about the grind in general, I decided to give a very concrete piece of evidence instead that explains why we want such a system. The other 2 solutions I have never really seen.
Yep, exactly. Lots of good ideas have been proposed for reducing the grind but the devs have not so much as acknowledged the complaints about the grind. They won’t do anything about the grind until people stop playing because of it, which hasn’t happened on a large scale yet
How exactly are perk tiers a coherent part of the design? Their only purpose is to increase the grind.
Would be better to make all addons/ Offerings viable.
Nope, they were made the way they are because of a learning curve. It's why the devs find it so important that any effect can be split into 3 tiers.
Just because they are a pain in the ass if you play longer than 100 hours doesnt mean they lost their purpose. It's just basically that you're forced to go through a tutorial.
How are you not finding uses for brown medkits and charge/speed add-ons?
I pretty much only run brown medkits.
Yeah, my point is that I dont really have use for 35 of them. At least for the yellow medkits, I can run out(so many yellow addons for survivors), for the green ones, I can run out(thanks map offerings), for the purple ones, I can run out.
For grey/brown ones? I would literally have to not level my survivor to even get close to running out. I might aswell have an infinite amount of them. Let alone that this is on my main survivor, who I haven't leveled since last year's anniversary except for unlocking new perks. On survivors that I leveled recently, I have 100 of each brown item. That's 300.000 BP, that I am unlikely to use at all, since I have also 40 yellow medkits, 25 greens and 15 purple medkits. Let alone that I dont always run an item, because I dont really need items in the first place.
So the solution that's currently in game to get rid of that many items is to never open chests and to never level your survivor, while always equipping brown items, and then either dropping them on purpose before you leave, or die, for 200 games.
But they are viable, you could easily run Blond Hair and Tacky Earrings and win games in red ranks.
Thing is, since there are 2 of the same type of addons in a higher tier, that are more viable is what makes these addons a bit worthless. Why would I ever run Blond Hair, if I have 20 Hair Bows left that have the exact same stalk requirement but lasts 3 times longer, and 35 hairbrushes doing the exact same thing? Why would I run Tacky Earrings, if both Jewellery and Jewellery Box are 2x and 3x more powerful and I have 100 and 40 respectively of each?
It's not about making the addons and offerings viable, because they are. It's that there is a consistent flow of things that are more viable that make these addons and offerings practically useless. So why force players to buy more items that will never see use, rather than making it forever available or give the player a way to sacrifice them outside of games. I could easily get rid of 500 grey addons on Myers, and still have plenty to always play those grey addons.
Because even if they make those grey addons more viable, you'd still have yellow, green and sometimes even purple addons that do essentially the exact same thing. There are only 2 addon slots, there is no way I could use all 3 of them consistently.
The grind is just too much and it's ever-growing. The simplest answer is to increase the bloodpoints in the matches. We're talking hundreds of millions of bloodpoints to level up characters and that's not even all perks all at tier 3. Meanwhile, we're coming out of matches with peanuts, even with full WGLF and BBQ stacks (outside of blood events, of course).
Another suggestion could be to make the offerings that increase the blood points in specific categories to have that category's points increased post-game like puddings, cakes, BBQ/WGLF do, rather than having them just increasing in game to faster reach max points.
All those unused millions and those are individual characters. It's bonkers. Come on, BHVR, let us sell them back at a fraction of the cost already.