Offense or defense?

These days I prefer the chase more so than slowing down generators. I know that anything that slows down a survivor's objective is considered strong, but if you can make a chase last only seconds, it seems to make a gen defense build a moot point. But if a generator defense build has to exist in order for a killer to be effective, then maybe there's something to be said about generators going too fast.

Comments

  • @SweetTerror said:

    These days I prefer the chase more so than slowing down generators. I know that anything that slows down a survivor's objective is considered strong, but if you can make a chase last only seconds, it seems to make a gen defense build a moot point. But if a generator defense build has to exist in order for a killer to be effective, then maybe there's something to be said about generators going too fast.

    Corrupt is the best perk. you go on offensive and if you're good they shouldn't be able to finish 2 gens so fast while you get your first hook.

  • @Wedeguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/276166/offense-or-defense

    Corrupt is the best perk. you go on offensive and if you're good they shouldn't be able to finish 2 gens so fast while you get your first hook.

    Honestly that's usually what I use as well. My build is usually corrupt, BBQ for info, endearing, and spirit fury. Sometimes I'll throw in STBFL instead of corrupt if I want a pure chase build, which sometimes can be quite effective!

  • Most chase perks suck, that is the bigger problem. Why would you bother running those when corrupt and ruin exist?

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    Most chase perks suck, that is the bigger problem. Why would you bother running those when corrupt and ruin exist?

    I agree with this, there needs to be more options in chase.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    Most chase perks suck, that is the bigger problem. Why would you bother running those when corrupt and ruin exist?

    Simply because a lot of players expect you to be running a sweaty build such as ruin, tinker, undying, etc. Once they're engaged with you in a chase, if throws them off guard when they realize that not only will pallets have no effect on you thanks to endearing and spirit fury, but knowing that you can quickly catch up with them thanks to STBFL, completely catches them by surprise.

    Now of course I'm not saying that every match ends victorious because sometimes generators do fly thanks to items like brand new parts and perks like prove thyself, but expecting a killer to be fully equipped to outperform you in a chase is it trump card that many players don't see coming, and it can be quite effective.