DC PENALTY IS TRASH
Even if there's a DC penalty, everyones till tries to kill themselves on first hook. just let go of this stupid penalty. those affected by the game's constant crashes are the ones getting the timers and not those killing theirselves.
Comments
Ah yes let's free the 10 percent of players hit by 5 minute penalties due to server/internet/other crash inducing problems at the cost of having 30-40% (or more) of the player base abusing the fact that there is no penalty at the slightest inconvenience.
Dying on hook at least gives the killer points and emblem progress while providing a distraction for facecamping killers giving their team at least a little bit of extra time.
And of course you can provide source of those numbers?
And why did you try again and again while knowing that either your PC/console or internet or software or something else I can't know without background was amiss?
I had enough discussions with people on here about the DC penalty impacting people that try to play online team based games despite knowing that their current situation is subpar to the requirements and that they most probably will not be able to finish most trials without unwanted DC.
Of course are those numbers fiction but please, as if the removal of the penalty during the anniversary and the sudden increase in DC afterwards from only those that crash up to every other game having at least one dubious DC wasnt an indication.
There was definitely a massive increase in multiple DCs when they removed the penalty during the RE launch event. I do think it's needed but I would like BHVR to try as distinguish between physical disconnects and connection issues.
I lost connection three times the other night and had to wait for a long time to rejoin. If the game knows enough to tell you that you have lost connection or that there has been an error, which you don't get when you physically DC, then it should be capable of knowing not to block you if you're sent those messages.
Extremely disagree... I am veteran fair play player and even thought I want to disconnect sometimes. Mostly when I play with my friends SWF and we got tunnel camper trash. If our friend is killed in 4 minutes by unfair behavior, we dont wanna give killer even 1 EXTRA POINT! Game is lost, it doesnt mean anything to us.
Another situation. Killer is slugging, he brings survivor at the edge of dead. So we must wait 2 minutes until he fulfills his silly necessity. Thats why I claim for years: Survivor should have a chance to "give up" match, if is for example under half of dying state and game is definitely lost.
And what about game with cheaters? Number of cheaters I have seen GROWS more than ever before!!!!
And the most important thing: Errors are very common problem, definitely not just 1x per day. Sometimes we must wait 30 minutes because connection/error problems.
I am also a flair killer player that doesn't even aim at kills but BP and 8 hooks to keep the tension for the survivor and play this game on/off since it's launch 5 years ago.
I still got instant DC on first down/hook and even on first sight when people can't stand a certain killer without knowing my playstyle and/or behaviour during penalty free times.
And to your reasoning, the first is simple pettiness and does deserve penalty.
Second is the same for me when I have to wait the first minute in nearly every lobby due to someone either being afk due to their long queue times/still picking loadouts fitting to the rest of the lobby or simply being overly competitive by last second switching. Plus when I don't want to give tbaggers and other nice survivor their satisfaction i have to wait for them to leave for the whole egc.
Third I haven't seen a cheater in all my years and while i know that they are there, i would say their rarity is similar to competitive sweat squads or killer.
And lastly again let me compare personal anecdote with one of my own. I play this game as already mentioned since release and have done so on three different PC (two middle-low class and my current middle to high class). I had overall less than 15 crashes or DC in this whole time and only got a 5 minute penalty maximum. Why, because I recognize that a game does not run after getting kicked from it twice during the same session and simply drop it for the remainder of the day, example league of legends (my staple game) where I also had multiple days where I was the only one not able to reconnect into my client or got kicked in two games in a row and just stopped playing because I knew better than to keep trying and messing up the games for my friends.