Graphics should be lowered for better optimization?

What the question says, should it? Dead by Daylight is not a game with monstrous graphics like Cyber Punk or a hypothetical Gta 6 game, it is a normal game with only one game mode and continues to alter the graphics with each update of The Realm Beyond, but it should be lowered for better optimization? On consoles it's disgusting because you don't have the option to download the graphics.

Comments

  • Yes, it should be lowered to help it, however the core issues with the optimisation have to be addressed. Graphics can only be lowered so far.

  • DbD doesn't look that good.

  • The problem isn't the graphics. It's poorly optimized code. Loading all the killer and survivor assets into every match. Memory leaks. And something about their visual effects (like fog and smoke) is borked, because they're causing the console to overheat. Even running at just a couple degrees too hot can cause a drop in performance, like stuttering and what not. Plus it damages the hardware.

  • put the graphics on low and activate sharpening from nvidia and looks better than on ultra and with better fps

  • @vacaman said:

    put the graphics on low and activate sharpening from nvidia and looks better than on ultra and with better fps

    I would play on low to improve the stuttering but meg's hair looks like a birds nest :/

  • It should be optional

  • I actually had a weird match in my most recent stream (where I had a dude shittalking me the whole time) on RPD where the graphics were lowered.

  • @Pulsar said:

    I actually had a weird match in my most recent stream (where I had a dude shittalking me the whole time) on RPD where the graphics were lowered.

    I think something similar happened to me once, but instead of the graphics, the sound of the game was distorted on maps like RCPD, Midwich, Haddonfield and Crotus Prenn.