Rank 1 camping bubbas are cuties
I love how survivors reward this playstyle so much by not doing gens and going for saves that they keep staying at that rank.
Also love when they complain about it being too op when they could easily deny them points.
I know I made a similar thread about how camping is rewarded a while ago but it still baffles me.
The only problem with this playstyle is that you can't pip even if you escape doing the right thing but it is better than throwing the game at least.
Comments
Camping works for 2 reasons and the second reason is that survivors tend to take the bait as the the outrage of a camping killer is more of a focal point than completing gens.
The other day I watched Otz who was trying to make a point with NOED. The plan was to face camp a Survivor and then collect free kills with NOED in order to showcase just how poorly Killer can play and still succeed. After four games of Survivors literally suiciding to a face camping Trapper, Wraith etc. to rescue one person, he sort of gave up and changed things up.
I used to feel obligated to save the hooked person, but if the Killer is genuinely just camping them, my desire to deny kills by rushing gens is simply greater than the need to go for a save these days. At least most of the time.
Camping only rewards the killer is the survivors fall for it. If the killer reaches rank 1 by face camping the first person hooked. That tells me a lot of survivors suck at the game. As a trapper main. I learned long ago, sometimes you need to cut your loses.