This is why survivors can't know who the killer is.

Survivors: wow trapper is the killer, let's all put on small game, dead hard and maps.

Survivors: ghost face is the killer make sure we all put on spine chill.

Survivors: wraith is the killer, everyone take out your flashlights and equip blast mine or flash bang and spine chill

Survivors: blight is the killer, everyone use an indoor map offering.

Survivors: Myers is the killer everyone equip spine chill and we need maybe 1 person with object of obsession.

Killer: K I see 4 med-kits I'll put on sloppy butcher I guess?


This is why survivors can't know who the killer is before the game starts.


Also it's a horror trope for the killer to stalk its victims and prepare while the victims are clueless and unaware.

Comments

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2445656#Comment_2445656

    I've seen people ask for it and they claim it's not fair the killer can see them but they can't see the killer.

    Where have you seen this? Not calling you a liar just want to read these for fun

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    So many people going "no one is arguing for this".

    when several people ARE arguing for this. because apparently asking for the survivors to not be able to switch into a different character/item in the very last second of prep time, is equivalent to "let me counter that specific killer"

    I still haven't seen a single person ask for this, and I've asked for links.

    Asking for the survivors to not be able to switch is absurd, just like I commented there, and this whole thread here is a disingenuous and pointless.

    It's just like End Game Collapse. It's not enough that they can close the hatch now. It's not enough that killers can open the door and start a timer, and that they get free kills because of it. Survivors shouldn't be allowed to 99 the gates, according to a lot of killer mains.

    It's not enough that killers can see who is in the lobby, and what they might bring. Survivors have to have their items locked in so killers can prepare. But by that logic, remove Plunderer's, Appraisal, Pharmacy, and chests entirely, while we're at it. Survivors might get something the poor killer didn't plan for!

    Personally, when I make a last second change to my item, it's to take something off I looted out of the last game and forgot to unequip. But I guess killers want more toolboxes and flashlights and keys in the game?

  • @JPA said:

    Survivors: spirit/nurse is the Killer so I guess I'll back out

    GyuxRBl.jpg

    Survivors the second they hear the Vacuum sound/Nurse scream

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2445753#Comment_2445753

    I still haven't seen a single person ask for this, and I've asked for links.

    Asking for the survivors to not be able to switch is absurd, just like I commented there, and this whole thread here is a disingenuous and pointless.

    It's just like End Game Collapse. It's not enough that they can close the hatch now. It's not enough that killers can open the door and start a timer, and that they get free kills because of it. Survivors shouldn't be allowed to 99 the gates, according to a lot of killer mains.

    It's not enough that killers can see who is in the lobby, and what they might bring. Survivors have to have their items locked in so killers can prepare. But by that logic, remove Plunderer's, Appraisal, Pharmacy, and chests entirely, while we're at it. Survivors might get something the poor killer didn't plan for!

    Personally, when I make a last second change to my item, it's to take something off I looted out of the last game and forgot to unequip. But I guess killers want more toolboxes and flashlights and keys in the game?

    That happened to me today, I was all clear for a match without needing Lightborn, so I brought Lethal Pursuer instead, and one of those rats found a flashlight in a box. Face camped them to make sure it didn't happen again.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    So many people going "no one is arguing for this".

    when several people ARE arguing for this. because apparently asking for the survivors to not be able to switch into a different character/item in the very last second of prep time, is equivalent to "let me counter that specific killer"

    this

  • @Firellius said:

    I... didn't think this was a point of contention?

    @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2445524#Comment_2445524

    Yep, this is what Killers do.

    My favorite was a Killer (streamer) with over 10k hours, who dodged me because I have 6k hours.

    @Topic:

    Nobody really ever said that Survivors should be able to see the Killer. However, Killers also should get less information. Items are fine. Names or Profiles should be hidden.

    @Phasmamain said:

    I don’t know who’s arguing against this. Neither side should see each other imo

    @meatisadelicacy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2445663#Comment_2445663

    I've literally not once seen anyone complain about it. Can you link me?

    Here for all of you my guess were tony got this most recent rant idea from.

    @Katzengott said:

    What is the reason?

    How can i adjust my build, like bringing Franklins against 4 items, bringing a hook offering against potential sabo toolboxes, Lightborn against multiple flashlights or unequip my hex perk when 1 brings a map, if survs are able to equip or change their item last second?

    And especially this comment.

    @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443633#Comment_2443633

    @Lord_Tony

    Why? Because some don’t like it?

    I’ll complain about it, when the game allows us to see who the killer is we’re facing, so we can properly prepare too.


    @Firellius and @meatisadelicacy you two even commented in this thread but either forgot or didn't read the complete thread like most people.

    And meatisadelicacy, i am still waiting for an answer for my question to you in that thread 😉 (But I guess you preferred to ignore it, goes to show when someone has no real arguemtn to make)

  • @FancyMrB said:

    Low key, would love for the devs to go wild and just let this happen for a week and see what happens.

    After the week they could give us the dodge numbers and see if it is a bad as we thought it would be be.

    They don't need to. A few years ago they messed up their first take at encrypting temporary game data on the client side and people managed to read out those text files (simple using editor, and yes this was at PC exclusive times) and could see the killer that is used in the lobby close to real time.

    This lead to an increase of flashlights against wraith/hag, calm spirit against doc, saboteur/toolboxes against trapper and so on. Not to mention the dodge rates against unloved killer.

    Some people even programmed a little software mod to make this data easier accessible. And it took the devs several tries until people weren't able anymore to crack the encryption which only goes to show to which lengths people are willing to go for an advantage.

    So the devs have already seen what happens when survivor have the option to see the used killer beforehand. (Also a reason why lobby locked killer created such a big outrage in the beginning)

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2445524#Comment_2445524

    Yep, this is what Killers do.

    My favorite was a Killer (streamer) with over 10k hours, who dodged me because I have 6k hours.

    @Topic:

    Nobody really ever said that Survivors should be able to see the Killer. However, Killers also should get less information. Items are fine. Names or Profiles should be hidden.

    How do you know they dodged you, were you stream sniping then?

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2445753#Comment_2445753

    I still haven't seen a single person ask for this, and I've asked for links.

    Asking for the survivors to not be able to switch is absurd, just like I commented there, and this whole thread here is a disingenuous and pointless.

    It's just like End Game Collapse. It's not enough that they can close the hatch now. It's not enough that killers can open the door and start a timer, and that they get free kills because of it. Survivors shouldn't be allowed to 99 the gates, according to a lot of killer mains.

    It's not enough that killers can see who is in the lobby, and what they might bring. Survivors have to have their items locked in so killers can prepare. But by that logic, remove Plunderer's, Appraisal, Pharmacy, and chests entirely, while we're at it. Survivors might get something the poor killer didn't plan for!

    Personally, when I make a last second change to my item, it's to take something off I looted out of the last game and forgot to unequip. But I guess killers want more toolboxes and flashlights and keys in the game?

    imagine reading the thread you post in...

    @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443633#Comment_2443633

    @Lord_Tony

    Why? Because some don’t like it?

    I’ll complain about it, when the game allows us to see who the killer is we’re facing, so we can properly prepare too.

    @sulaiman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443251#Comment_2443251

    But if it is about choice, why is it fair that you can decide to go against keys or not, but survivors are not allowed to choose to not go against certain killers or perks or addons?

    There is a disparity, that doesnt seem fair to me.

    So maybe its just about preparation, not choice? And you just misuse the system for your advantage.

    but I mean... You literally went there just to strawman and gaslight people... why should I expect you to pay attention to it?

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2446354#Comment_2446354

    They were (source: my own eyes. I tried some KYFs matches to find out EXACTLY how it worked)

    Granted, they weren't revealed until DURING the mission. BBQ would only show up after the first hook for example.

    Here was an example pic that was available online

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/RFTUKLKSX6YF/image.png

    it was so funny seeing a bunch of post on steam complaining about being banned around the same time BHVR started cracking on DBD+, however theres new alternative that surfaced in its place

  • Is there a change coming to this?

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2445500#Comment_2445500

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2445543#Comment_2445543

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2445601#Comment_2445601

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2445672#Comment_2445672

    Here for all of you my guess were tony got this most recent rant idea from.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/274596/5-years-and-survivors-can-still-quick-switch

    And especially this comment.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443869#Comment_2443869

    @Firellius and @meatisadelicacy you two even commented in this thread but either forgot or didn't read the complete thread like most people.

    And meatisadelicacy, i am still waiting for an answer for my question to you in that thread 😉 (But I guess you preferred to ignore it, goes to show when someone has no real arguemtn to make)

    @burt0r

    Yeah thanks for bringing my comment into a completely different thread where you don’t even bring up the context in which that comment was brought up.

    If he had an issue with what I said then he could just comment in THAT same thread (which he already did). Instead of creating a whole new thread where you bring up my name when I haven’t even participated in it.

    I stand by what I said. That thread was about quick switching in a lobby.

    I said what I said.

    Stop trying to give context to someone’s post by bringing up other people’s comments from a different thread.

    @MandyTalk

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2447015#Comment_2447015

    @burt0r

    Yeah thanks for bringing my comment into a completely different thread where you don’t even bring up the context in which that comment was brought up.

    If he had an issue with what I said then he could just comment in THAT same thread (which he already did). Instead of creating a whole new thread where you bring up my name when I haven’t even participated in it.

    I stand by what I said. That thread was about quick switching in a lobby.

    I said what I said.

    Stop trying to give context to someone’s post by bringing up other people’s comments from a different thread.

    @MandyTalk

    Well first:

    That is exactly why I first posted the other thread itself so that your comment is NOT completely out of context.

    Second:

    Damn you seem quite sensitive. Your comment doesn't even show you in a bad light just that someone did mention this opinion in recent forum history even directly in relation to the op of this thread with the same topic of conversation. Way to go directly tagging a mod XD

    I hope you don't patronize people for taking tbagging and flashlight clicks personal.

    And third:

    5,5 hours so far and it seems nothing happened with your mod tag. I just checked the forum rules and from what I can see i think my posting of your comment doesn't violate any except maybe a personal take on them from you. (meaning the FEELING of being "attacked" by me by this)

    Let's see if I have a warning tomorrow and/or am jailed. Honestly quite curious.

  • Who even makes these ridiculous arguments after 1 hour of experience, Tony?

    If anything, neither side should be able to see each other just to make it fair.

  • @thefallenloser said:

    Who even makes these ridiculous arguments after 1 hour of experience, Tony?

    If anything, neither side should be able to see each other just to make it fair.

    yeah okay let the killer not be prepared for 4 brand new parts, 4 flashlights, 2 keys and 2 maps. 4 blendettes


    yeah that's totally fair.


    also it's a horror trope for the killer to stalk its victims and prepare so it 100% makes sense for the killers to prepare.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    Survivors: wow trapper is the killer, let's all put on small game, dead hard and maps.

    Survivors: ghost face is the killer make sure we all put on spine chill.

    Survivors: wraith is the killer, everyone take out your flashlights and equip blast mine or flash bang and spine chill

    Survivors: blight is the killer, everyone use an indoor map offering.

    Survivors: Myers is the killer everyone equip spine chill and we need maybe 1 person with object of obsession.

    Killer: K I see 4 med-kits I'll put on sloppy butcher I guess?

    This is why survivors can't know who the killer is before the game starts.

    Also it's a horror trope for the killer to stalk its victims and prepare while the victims are clueless and unaware.

    Killer: wow everyone has flashlight, imma go back to search new lobby with non competetive ones


    Killer: wow he has key, i hate it, switch lobby


    Killer: wow everyone from one platform I switch


    Killer: everyone with medkit? Franklin!

  • @KajdanKi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/274828/this-is-why-survivors-cant-know-who-the-killer-is

    Killer: wow everyone has flashlight, imma go back to search new lobby with non competetive ones

    Killer: wow he has key, i hate it, switch lobby

    Killer: wow everyone from one platform I switch

    Killer: everyone with medkit? Franklin!

    you're not countering the survivors power you're just countering specific items.


    survivors can counter the killer's power if they knew hwo the killer was

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2448554#Comment_2448554

    you're not countering the survivors power you're just countering specific items.

    survivors can counter the killer's power if they knew hwo the killer was

    Survivors knowing who the killer is in lobby would probably make games take forever to start. Cause then you’ll have survivors constantly dodging lobbies cause they don’t wanna go against a killer they don’t like.

  • What's the point of this post? 2 years playing DBD and I've never seen anybody asking to know who the killer is on the lobby.

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    What's the point of this post? 2 years playing DBD and I've never seen anybody asking to know who the killer is on the lobby.

    there is threads going on about it

  • I have never seen a single one, and I browse this forums at least twice a day.

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2449428#Comment_2449428

    I have never seen a single one, and I browse this forums at least twice a day.

    welp they literally posted about it the other day

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2445701#Comment_2445701

    Flashlights aren’t strong anyway so I don’t see why you need to change your build around them. Keys do need a full on change though

    How would you change keys? Also keep in mind that there is an achievement that requires all 4 survivors to escape through hatch.

  • @DaWeezerd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2446052#Comment_2446052

    How would you change keys? Also keep in mind that there is an achievement that requires all 4 survivors to escape through hatch.

    welp guess it has to be changed because hatch is OP

  • @DaWeezerd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2446052#Comment_2446052

    How would you change keys? Also keep in mind that there is an achievement that requires all 4 survivors to escape through hatch.

    Add an animation for opening the hatch that is like 15 to 20 seconds long. If the killer interrupts the animation the key breaks

1 2 ›