Dragon’s Grip’s cooldown holds this perk back
This perk needs a buff. The effect isn’t strong enough to warrant that long of a cooldown and also going into cooldown when the perk doesn’t work.
I think the cooldown of DG should be reduced to 60/50/40 seconds and if you don’t get a survivor to touch the gen in the 30-second window, then it doesn’t go into cooldown at all.
I think this would make it much better and I believe could be an amazing perk in a 3-gen situation. You could regress a gen and survivors have to choose between working on the gen and being exposed or they can wait out the 30 seconds. That can be a tough decision to make when the killer has a good 3-gen to work with. It can also work as free tracking as well, even without the exposed benefit. As it stand right now though, it’s too hard to get good value out of it and the value you could get isn’t that crazy in most scenarios.
Comments
For every perk cool down should at most be 60 seconds. 80 seconds is way too long and they should reduce it to 60 along with Oppression. Since Dragons already can be quite conditional like MYC.
Oh yeah I forgot about Oppression. I probably should’ve just made this post more about all perks with those ridiculous cooldowns but I used DG on Blight yesterday for adept and acknowledge how ridiculous the cooldown is.
The regression time won't matter as much seeing how it's much slower then progression (.25 charges per second)
so if you do kick a gen and no one touches it you get 7.50 seconds of repair time removed
But if someone does touch it then they are exposed but you need to be in the right place at the right time in order to get any value from DG and the gen doesn't regress anymore
But of course in a three gen situation the survivors are more apt to look for a key rather then spend time trying to fix a gen with DG on it
I had a match a while ago and that's what happened to me (but I was using Surveillance so I knew what gen they were working on) and had messages sent to me laughing that I'd play like that (staying around my three gen rather then chase the survivor away from it)
I feel like gen kicking should get buffed in some way and that would help DG a lot. As you said the gen only loses 7.50 seconds of progress if they wait out the 30 seconds.
Yea... which is why I'd like to see Brutal Strength get buffed to be 50% speed for kicking/breaking (or just one kick/hit)
plus an increase on base regression
And possibly removing the bug on Overcharge
And if a survivor misses a skillcheck then runs away it should resgress
Just a few QOL changes to try and shake up the "meta"
80 can be fine in quite a lot of cases, heck, if it was just 80 seconds on dragons grip, it would actually be decent.
But you know what the issue is? It's not 80 seconds. It's 80 seconds+time the gen has been kicked+60 seconds if a survivor touched it during the 30 seconds. Meaning that at most, Dragons Grip has a 170 second cooldown. Dragon's Grip should be available after no one touched the gen during the 30 seconds, or after the exposed status has faded. That's at most a 90 second cooldown. Which is much, much better than the 170 seconds.