The discussion must be had

If and when other objectives drop for survivors could DS stay as is.... obviously if the game stays as is its needs to be nerfed to the ground or removed but with objectives means more time to the killer possibly meaning DS could stay.... imo survivors are not using all the tools given to them to make up time after doing cankers... hardly no toolboxes to burn through gens or sabo hooks, no maps to find the cankers and I haven't even ran into many DS users... 

What's your thoughts if more more time is given to the killer is DS balanced or is it still brokenly op to where the killer mine as well say GG?
Tagged: ACMMod

Comments

  • Chill with the spam or you're gonna get get a ban.
  • Peasant said:
    Chill with the spam or you're gonna get get a ban.
    I didn't mean too post it 3 times... how do I remove posts? If i'm able to remove my own threads? I attempted to get @MandyTalk to answer that question as well but she may be busy or sleeping 🤷‍♂️ 
  • You cannot remove your own posts. That's why spam is so harshly punished on the forum @Bravo0413 . In the future, please try to be more careful.
  • Gotcha will do thank you helping out @Peasant
  • Decisive is fine, after all, it takes up a perk slot and it’s one time use. If you try to hit it and miss, you waste the perk. It’s balanced.
  • @Watery without more objectives to complete no its not its broken in the right hands which shouldnt be a thing.... just like 3min games shouldn't be possible.. does it happen all the time? No... but the fact its possible is what matters and then the fact anyone could do it because survivor takes little to no skill to have success.. 
  • Bravo0413 said:
    @Watery without without more objectives to complete no its not its broken in the right hands which shouldnt be a thing.... just like 3min games shouldn't be possible.. does it happen all the time? No... but the fact its possible is what matters and then the fact anyone could do it because survivor takes little to no skill to have success.. 
    I’m confused. Survivor takes plenty of skill when you get to higher ranks, and so does killer. Both are supposed to be hard- so I don’t see the relevancy in that argument.
    Maybe try getting to high rank as a survivor, and you’ll understand. I don’t play killer, because it isn’t fun for me, but I’m trying to learn! 
  • @Watery said:
    Decisive is fine, after all, it takes up a perk slot and it’s one time use. If you try to hit it and miss, you waste the perk. It’s balanced.

    Yeah, exactly that’s why I think the perk isn’t that great, especially because of rancor now.

  • I have gotten to high rank... no its not hard 
  • Bravo0413 said:
    I have gotten to high rank... no its not hard 
    It’s relatively hard! It’s about learning to farm on both ends. This is sensitive ground for a lot of people- I wouldn’t keep going on about it like survivors are unskilled. In fact, it’s kinda disingenuous. Oh, and by the way? rank doesn’t matter lol
  • If longer games meant DS could stay, that would just create a DS meta (more so). I don't think everyone should be forced to run one specific perk to counteract an additional objective.

  • Peanits said:

    If longer games meant DS could stay, that would just create a DS meta (more so). I don't think everyone should be forced to run one specific perk to counteract an additional objective.

    This is a good point everyone running the same perks is something bhvr is trying to avoid... so the rework could still happen to it..
  • Bravo0413 said:
    Peanits said:

    If longer games meant DS could stay, that would just create a DS meta (more so). I don't think everyone should be forced to run one specific perk to counteract an additional objective.

    This is a good point everyone running the same perks is something bhvr is trying to avoid... so the rework could still happen to it..
    It’s probably going to stay the same. I’ve stopped running it because I tend to get downed shortly after using it. If you pick up the survivor who is the obsession, you should be wary of DS. It’s counteractvie to the killer because it fits the person who the perk comes from, Laurie. It gives the survivor powerful survival abilities with the cost of being exposed. With the addition of Rancor, decisive seems hardly worth running anymore due to the fact when you’re the obsession, you often get tunneled by the killer. 
  • There is no way the devs leave it as is..
     Simply because of what peanits stated... when objectives come to the game everyone would run DS because survivors would use it to make up time against the killer and in its current state its just broken in the right hands and wastes too much time..
  • Bravo0413 said:
    There is no way the devs leave it as is..
     Simply because of what peanits stated... when objectives come to the game everyone would run DS because survivors would use it to make up time against the killer and in its current state its just broken in the right hands and wastes too much time..
    This is both disingenuous to the fact that the character is DLC and is a teachable perk. The Devs did try something, however, they thought it was best to leave it as is. You should be wary of decisive regardless. You shouldn’t say that decisive needs to be changed, personally, I think it is fine as is. Not to say I don’t agree with you, however, I think if you understand that survivors who run this have a ONE TIME opportunity to use it, and if they miss it, it is wasted and that’s a perk slot gone. Even more so to the fact that decisive doesn’t work a lot of the time, and it STILL gets wasted. It’s also countered by Iron Grasp, if you aren’t the obsession. 
  • Watery said:
    Bravo0413 said:
    There is no way the devs leave it as is..
     Simply because of what peanits stated... when objectives come to the game everyone would run DS because survivors would use it to make up time against the killer and in its current state its just broken in the right hands and wastes too much time..
    This is both disingenuous to the fact that the character is DLC and is a teachable perk. The Devs did try something, however, they thought it was best to leave it as is. You should be wary of decisive regardless. You shouldn’t say that decisive needs to be changed, personally, I think it is fine as is. Not to say I don’t agree with you, however, I think if you understand that survivors who run this have a ONE TIME opportunity to use it, and if they miss it, it is wasted and that’s a perk slot gone. Even more so to the fact that decisive doesn’t work a lot of the time, and it STILL gets wasted. It’s also countered by Iron Grasp, if you aren’t the obsession. 
    If they went through that change it would not give the same satisfaction which I agree with.... you cant take something that was super rewarding and make it almost useless for solo players.... to the point of 1x use... maybe for that particular survivor yes but the killer can deal with up to 4 of them..  its the point that it's possible which shouldnt be a thing.. DS should be geared for the exceptional survivor meaning they do a lot of saves (it would be a good pair with WGLF) and then get rewarded with an escape... say ya need to perform 2 safe unhooks and then the tiers are the same now 
  • If you want to keep decisive the way it is, then just make it so that if you're not the obsession it doesn't work. Period. The problem isn't one person having a get out of jail free card. The problem is 4 people can have get out of jail free cards all in the same match.

  • Peasant said:

    If you want to keep decisive the way it is, then just make it so that if you're not the obsession it doesn't work. Period. The problem isn't one person having a get out of jail free card. The problem is 4 people can have get out of jail free cards all in the same match.

    I agree with you but I don't think that bhvr would do it because they try to think about everyone... and survivors will be thinking "well why cant I use it?" That's why I think a requirement like deliverance should happen only 2 safe unhooks should be made before use of DS
  • DS is broken. It's annoying, and it's completely unfair. It goes against the very nature of the game.

    At most only 1 person should be able to use it if it stays. Not the obsession? Tough. Its taking 3 d-strikes that ruins games or taking an early one thus hurting your momentum.

    If survivors want to avoid the hook then it should require either other survivors to bodyblock or some good flashlight timing. Allowing someone to avoid the hook on their own via a perk is unfair.
  • Watery said:
    Decisive is fine, after all, it takes up a perk slot and it’s one time use. If you try to hit it and miss, you waste the perk. It’s balanced.
    1. If you can't hit a simple skill check your just bad.
    2. Even if your bad and you hit it, its still very easy to waste a ton if the killers time by getting to a pallet or jungle gym.
    3. If your good then the killer might as well leave you after the ds because otherwise its a 2m to 3m chase for 1 person.

    This is the most often thing I see in rank 1 how tf is that balanced. Just because your bad at chase does not mean others are not. Any really good survivor can waste more than 2m without ds so give them ds and apply that to 4 of them. Might as well just sit in a corner and wait for gens to be done.
  • Watery said:
    Decisive is fine, after all, it takes up a perk slot and it’s one time use. If you try to hit it and miss, you waste the perk. It’s balanced.
    1. If you can't hit a simple skill check your just bad.
    2. Even if your bad and you hit it, its still very easy to waste a ton if the killers time by getting to a pallet or jungle gym.
    3. If your good then the killer might as well leave you after the ds because otherwise its a 2m to 3m chase for 1 person.

    This is the most often thing I see in rank 1 how tf is that balanced. Just because your bad at chase does not mean others are not. Any really good survivor can waste more than 2m without ds so give them ds and apply that to 4 of them. Might as well just sit in a corner and wait for gens to be done.
    This /\ .... that's why I opened the discussion of if and when new objectives are implemented would the perk be balanced as is.. but then peanits stated that the problem then would be everyone and their brother would be running it.. so idk 
  • That’s why you dribble, if you know they have it. Maybe if decisive made you wiggle faster, that’d be a cool change! Although, personally, I think it’s fine as is.
  • I posted a discussion about my idea to fix decisive strike. Basically instead of stun and run it's you hit the skill check, the wiggle bar fills a little and the killer is slowed.