I cant use exhaustion on ps4

Its literally freeze my game, Cant use lithe or dead hard (this one freeze my game even if another survivor used it) when are we going to get a fix?

Comments

  • Yeah. It’s busted as hell.

  • I switched to Sprint Burst. The only exhaustion who works without freezes.

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    I switched to Sprint Burst. The only exhaustion who works without freezes.

    No freezes at all when it triggers?

    Thanks for the info. Not a fan of sb tho unless I run fixated. But that's two perk slots for perks I am not a fan of unless I'm memeing.

    Still I might try at least and see how it fits in my usual build.

    I actually hardly ever used exhaustion perks since I started in 2018. But now when I would like to use dh I can't.

  • I've been using Balanced since they broke the game for us. It doesn't freeze for me, unlike Dead Hard and Lithe.

    Dead Hard freezes the game no matter who is using it. I should be able to use perks in the game, and my gameplay shouldn't be negatively affected by someone else using it, especially since I play crossplay (I don't miss 15 minute queues) and PC players have no reason not to use it.

    We need to keep being vocal about how the game is still in a sorry state for console players.

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2442919#Comment_2442919

    No freezes at all when it triggers?

    Thanks for the info. Not a fan of sb tho unless I run fixated. But that's two perk slots for perks I am not a fan of unless I'm memeing.

    Still I might try at least and see how it fits in my usual build.

    I actually hardly ever used exhaustion perks since I started in 2018. But now when I would like to use dh I can't.

    Yes, not a single freeze. I actually love SB now and i will still use it regardless if they fix DH.

  • I'm on Xbox One (accidentally said 360 lol) I feel your pain, DH and Lithe are a no go for me as well, Sprint Burst is the one that has never failed me. Running it with Vigil and getting good at having it almost 99'd all the time has turned out amazing for me.

    Once you get good at predicting how many seconds you've got left on the exhaustion meter, using it mid chase is like DH with better distance I love it.

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2442989#Comment_2442989

    Yes, not a single freeze. I actually love SB now and i will still use it regardless if they fix DH.

    Yeah this makes me think about how many killers complain about Dead Hard and what will happen if the devs ever destroy it like they do with other perks the killers complain about. I am always amazed that Balanced works 100% of the time. I can use it 3-5 times a game and it doesn't leave me exhausted on the ground like Dead Hard does literally every game, even before the devs broke it. Killers won't know what to do if survivors start using exhaustion perks that actually work 100% of the time.

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    I switched to Sprint Burst. The only exhaustion who works without freezes.

    Really? I used to run SB but I usually lost 1 second of it due to a freeze making me run into a wall. I don't even run exhaustion perks anymore due to that.

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443014#Comment_2443014

    Yeah this makes me think about how many killers complain about Dead Hard and what will happen if the devs ever destroy it like they do with other perks the killers complain about. I am always amazed that Balanced works 100% of the time. I can use it 3-5 times a game and it doesn't leave me exhausted on the ground like Dead Hard does literally every game, even before the devs broke it. Killers won't know what to do if survivors start using exhaustion perks that actually work 100% of the time.

    Yep, i said that in this forum not long time ago. Killers want DH to be nerfed somehow.

    If they nerfed it eventually idk how, tokens maybe; survivors not only will still use DH, but the SB gamers will rise.

    Sprint burst as you say it works 100% at the time, you can 99 it, you getting out of a dead zone into a loop, not getting hit if the killer is really close, you can avoid 1 shot killers with a simple sprint, killers usually avoiding you when they know that they're not getting the first hit.

    SB is more annoying than DH in the right hands.

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2442919#Comment_2442919

    Really? I used to run SB but I usually lost 1 second of it due to a freeze making me run into a wall. I don't even run exhaustion perks anymore due to that.

    I don't remember SB freezing my game tbh.

    Did you ever rebuild your ps4's database? I think that helped me a lot with the freezes. You're not losing progress, or anything you have on your PS4.

    Rebuilding the database on the PS4/5 fixes any broken files and generally cleans up the HD/SSD, for faster and more responsive performance from your console. It does NOT delete any existing game files or settings, so you do not need to backup any data when using this option.

  • Next gen it doesnt freeze, but it still doesn't work. I get hit mid animation (when you arent meant to take any type of hit) so yeah, dont expect it to work ever.

    If it's not a performance issue it's a server issue.

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443116#Comment_2443116

    I don't remember SB freezing my game tbh.

    Did you ever rebuild your ps4's database? I think that helped me a lot with the freezes. You're not losing progress, or anything you have on your PS4.

    Rebuilding the database on the PS4/5 fixes any broken files and generally cleans up the HD/SSD, for faster and more responsive performance from your console. It does NOT delete any existing game files or settings, so you do not need to backup any data when using this option.

    Is it that thing where you unplug your PS4 from all cables and leave it like that for some minutes? If so, yes.

    Tbh my freezes are super inconsistent. Sometimes random things like gens popping and unhooks make my game die, other times I can have full games without a single freeze.

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443159#Comment_2443159

    Is it that thing where you unplug your PS4 from all cables and leave it like that for some minutes? If so, yes.

    Tbh my freezes are super inconsistent. Sometimes random things like gens popping and unhooks make my game die, other times I can have full games without a single freeze.

    No, its not the unplugging. Google it.

    PS4 rebuild database

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443116#Comment_2443116

    I don't remember SB freezing my game tbh.

    Did you ever rebuild your ps4's database? I think that helped me a lot with the freezes. You're not losing progress, or anything you have on your PS4.

    Rebuilding the database on the PS4/5 fixes any broken files and generally cleans up the HD/SSD, for faster and more responsive performance from your console. It does NOT delete any existing game files or settings, so you do not need to backup any data when using this option.

    Just searched for it and immediately turned on my PS4 to do it. Will test how it affects performance later, thank you.

  • You can look up how to upgrade your super-slow 5,400 rpm HDD on PS4 as well. I spent about $160 CDN on an SSD and it's worlds different. I don't have these problems at all. My wife's console still has them. We even encountered an easy test last night. If we're grouped and she's in her bloodweb and I'm switching through characters rapidly, it causes all kinds of lag on her console. When the situation is reversed, no problem for me. I assume it's because of the console having to dip into the HDD to load the visuals for the character? Anyway, works fine with SSD, terrible with HDD. I've even loaded up the SSD with a bunch of other games since installing it.

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443159#Comment_2443159

    Just searched for it and immediately turned on my PS4 to do it. Will test how it affects performance later, thank you.

    Hope you have less freezes.