Pinhead and Nemesis
While I am overall happy with the Hellraiser paragraph and am happy its decently accurate to the character, I'd like to talk about how it also puts more salt in the wound from the Resident Evil Chapter. I am just so confused. Now don't take this the wrong way. I'm not using this to crap on Pinhead. I love him. I'm using this to just talk about my frustrations with the RE chapter after whatever chapter was after it. In this case Pinhead. But I am so confused. How is Pinhead so much more accurate to the character than Nemesis. I would have expected it to be reversed. I mean Pinhead was executed almost perfectly for me and Nemesis, who is such a simple character to get right gets what feels like messed up on purpose. I'm still holding out hope they change him and I would hope people would help but people just don't seem to care to make killers the way they should have been. Like just imagine DBD making Pinhead way more accurate to the character than Nemesis. It just doesn't make sense. I still hate them for what they did to RE and they turn around and put this amazing paragraph which is just plain and simply better than every single thing in the RE chapter. How is a tiny license like Pinhead more exciting than their biggest license? Resident Evil? It just makes no sense. Well actually it does. Its clear that RE was a cash grab sadly. Hopefully we can actually get the true Nemesis some day and don't have to play Oni all day to get the true Nemesis experience everyone wants in Dead by Daylight.
Comments
imo they should slow survivors drastically but increase the cooldown on Nemesis' punch if the tentacle lands. That way he's rewarded, they don't go very far, and they're not getting chained hard, like they do now.
I'm not really concerned with their strength. Its more about how accurate to the character they are.
What would you have preferred Nemesis' kit be?
Its likely because it would be very difficult to place a lot of his abilities contextually into dbd. He can use firearms, an ability of which would only be shared by a single other character whos firearm is a rickety harpoon gun. They couldn't get any sort of firearm to work realistically without it being a bit ridiculous. (Like seriously, imagine firing his RPG and it only puts a survivor in the dying state lol) But you can't deny he could've been more true to his character. He is known for his ability to sprint at super high speeds, and they only gave him that as an animation and nothing else. He can roar at deafening levels to incapacitate his foes and he only does that in, you guessed it, an animation. his ability is bih slapping survivors with his meager range tentacle and it certainly feels like what he should've been was lost in development. Not to mention the zombies AI being about as braindead as an actual zombie, it feels like justice was simply not done to his character.
The tentacle can stay but I think the zombies should have been replaced. In RE3R he wasn't some sort of zombie general. Now I know he doesn't really control the zombies but I don't have a better name for it. His zombies should have been his iconic running ability which also comes with a bunch of benefits while using it. Stuff like running through walls, pallets, stuff like that.
Well yeah I completely understand the weapons not being there. He should have at least had the running. I mean that is one of if not the most iconic part of him. And his destruction of course and all that. I mean it could have easily been balanced around a bit. Plenty of killers already had it so he could have worked with it.
Certainly. it feels like a pretty huge loss that a character pretty iconic for introducing threatening mobility into RE as whole has literally 0 mobility abilities.
Nemesis may have its shortcomings in power, but it is a pallet wrecker and does not take its eyes off a survivor that is the good thing, but I still think that they should completely change the Tier 3 or add a "Tier 4" is exactly and ridiculously the same in Tier 2 and Tier 3 only that the difference is an additional meter of tentacle and faster when attacking? I think this is the same case as Myers, in Tier 3 it's ridiculous.
Nemesis and Michael need improvements with their respective tiers because they are not so lethal, one breaks pallets instantly and the other leaves you dying of a blow. The tentacle is ridiculous in Tier 3. It should at least remove one health status and infect at the same time, something that is different for Nemesis is what is needed.
Pinhead on the other hand, surprises me and at the same time leaves me puzzled by the power of it, it is cool to handle a chain that can serve as an attack and at the same time know the location of someone from the air. The only bad thing is its painful slowdown and the rotation speed of the chain, I think they need improvement and I have that strange thought that their pink addons should be a base kit, the chain should give an indication that a state of health will be removed the survivor as it happens with trickster's knives, he should be able to hurt the survivor with the chain and the rest of the chains slow down the survivor even more, I saw a slowdown comparison with Clown and Pinhead from a distance of 12 meters running in a straight line, Clown He can reach a survivor in a time of 10 seconds if he suffered a slowed survivor and Pinhead on the other hand only 14 seconds, with this test it should be enough to receive improvements from his chains.
Read what I said. I clearly said I'm not using it to crap on him. I said I was happy with him. I said he is tiny specifically compared to Resident Evil and all the other licenses. He's kind of like a Darth Vader or something. Even if you haven't watched the movies or whatever you have seen Pinhead. But yeah I never ######### on him. Just read it to understand.
What gun?
I think they mean the RPG
I'm more concerned about maps these days. Game is stale as maps are disproportionately distributed through the zones and there's nothing really new in terms of gameplay, mostly tweaked or semi interesting mechanics being introduced.
The environment is everything in an hide n seek game, and it's been neglected
They did Nemesis very dirty. As far as i'm concerned he is the biggest disapointment of a killer in DbD, because of his pre-existence the expectations were super high for a very powerful killer capable of doing more than just have some Tentacle... That's all he has. He has no TP like Demo, or in this threads case, Pinhead, imagine if Demo was launched with just Shredd, Shredd is much better than the Tentacle but same scenario that's 1 very short ability that doesn't help in anything outside chases. He can't go through anything, he can't use any Mutation, Mutation is a simple arm texture change. He can't use weapons at allcause it'd be dumb.
Nemesis was a terrible pick from the start. since they were being so limited. either BHVR or Capcom is to blame but in either case BHVR should be more careful. They should have done something else, if they can pull off Pinhead this well they could have made a Licker, a Hunter, a Crimson Head, a Regenerator, Verdugo, or so manny other creatures or Bosses. If Tentacle is all Nemesis has then we should have gotten Birkin...
The problem wasn't that Nemesis was picked. He was a way better pick than the ones you listed. What some seem to forget is the problem with Nemesis is that they just didn't utilize any of his abilities. He has so many abilities that make him a REALLY good choice for A killer. The thing is they chose to use something as random and as stupid as zombies for NEMESIS. Nemesis is supposed to be really fast and really destructive. He is neither of them. He has the tentacle sure but you can even argue that it doesn't count because he doesn't even use it in the right way. He should have never have had zombies, and he should have never had a mutation type of power. He should have been able to actually be Nemesis by running and just bashing his way to you very quickly.
I wish they got rid of the zombies and added some sort of mobility for him. Make him have the walking animation that he has on the endgame screen and give him some sort of speed mode with his running animation where he destroys pallets, walls and damages survivors by tackling on them. In compensation, make the tentacle never go out of Tier 1.
I just find it stupid how he's one of the only killers who runs instead of walking (the other ones being Hag and Trickster), but he never goes above 115%. It leads to very meme-ish scenes like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iJB06AbYcgMany of the comments about what Nemesis should have been fits too closely to already existing characters. Blight, mostly.
The design was new and innovative for the game. He does negate many survivor defenses with a degree of skill by accuracy being needed.
I quite like him. Their PTB buffs of making Tier 3 more oppressive and making the iridescents stronger was exactly the kind of adjustments he needed consideration for.
Agreed. I'm really glad that Pinhead seems to have a really cool design that meshes well with the source material, but it does make the RE chapter that much more disappointing. Better we get 1 good killer than 2 bad ones, I guess. I like the RE chapter survivors and I think they did a fairly good job of translating them over to DBD, but Nemmy feels like a huge missed opportunity to me. Sprinting definitely should've been a part of his kit. And I don't really buy into the idea that a rocket launcher wouldn't have worked here. Even if it just puts survivors into the dying state and has a heavy cooldown or other restriction to it, this game already has so many elements that make no sense under scrutiny (hundred lb teenage girl jumping out of a locker stuns a giant armor plated Oni demon for several seconds. 20 lb wood pallet stops bloodthirsty killer in their tracks. Putting a chainsaw through someone just knocks them to the floor instead of cutting them in half. Survivors can be dropped to the floor by killer and still be in the dying state, but if there's a flashlight or pallet involved, they instantly heal themselves etc.) It doesn't need to make sense, so long as it plays well. Anyways though, Nemmy's current design is boring and comparatively weak when looking at other similar killers. I still feel that he's harder to play than PH with far less reward
It's a shame but I think the best we can hope for at this point is just some midchapter balance adjustments. Maybe they'll finally remove the sprint burst from the initial infection hit
It would be cool if he had a RPG, could be worked into DBD actually:
It doesn't matter if it would be similar to other characters. They have proved time and time again they can do that and still make incredibly fun killers. Such as Blight and Oni. They made Nemesis too close to Pyramid Head anyways so its not much different. The design was innovative sure but not every innovation is good. AI minions are not good for DBD. Entire AI characters or something maybe but not little minions. And this is about him being Nemesis. Not about him being strong. I doubt if they completely reworked him anyone would care.
Yes. Somehow these other killers that just walk towards you are the same speed which just makes Nemesis look goofy.
the GUN
I suppose they felt the running/dashing characteristic was already done to death with Legion/Demogorgon/Blight... People would have complained about that just as much.
It doesn't matter when a core focus of that licensed character is their speed. And people wouldn't have been mad. I mean people seemed to be annoyed back then with other killers but now they love characters like Blight. Sure they run but still work different. Nemesis could have been the same.
Nemesis needs a Rocket Launcher or Flamethrower perhaps
I was one of the first people in here on the forums and everywhere else saying he was badly designed. He was a terrible pick if a pick could be made. Fast and Destructive? Oni. Are you seriously going to tell me that making a completly new killer like a Licker wouldn't be better? Look at the crappy killer we got in Nemesis... Nemesis has a Tentacle' Lickers have their tongue, Nemesis can't run? Lickers probably would run cause it would make no sense for them not too. Considring they can do Teleportation i don't see why they couldn't make lickers go on walls. Considering they can have multiple screen effects and brightness changes via flash bang and flashlights i don't see why they couldn't create a dedicated view filter for lickers considering they are blind. Are you seriously going to say that a new view filter, the ability to move on other surfaces and attack from different angles wouldn't make for a more interesting killer than Nemesis is or could be if he was like Oni? Nemesis would be Oni 2.0 as much as a Hunter would be Demogorgon 2.0 minus the Portals. Are you seriously going to say Nemesis is far scarier than a Regenerator can be? how creepy they look, how creepy x3 they sound, how they move, how quickly they can attack and ambush. Are you seriously saying this would be worse than Nemesis being Oni 2.0? I get you like Nemesis outside of DbD but considering we're in DbD and who Nemesis is he is a terrible pick. Birkin or Mr.X would have done the job far better if they were as limited as Nemesis.
Nemesis would've been a great Deathgarden Hunter, with his RPG being an actual realistic weapon he could use and his superhuman strength would make sense hopping around the map instead of stuck to the ground, barely able to tackle a pallet or wall.
I think he fits fine. Just wish he had a rocket launcher mori instead. But I love that they incorporated the t-virus and zombies into his tentacle of pleasure and pain. And he brought a perk I would actually use. Those are rare.