Have people forgot that the best chapters been original
Licensed chapters is a marketing strategy. Most of which are mediocre.
Smf more often than not they slightly miss the mark
Blight one of the best killers decent lore great game play
Huntress decent lore amazing game play again
Spirit amazing lore debatable gameplay
Nurse cheesy but great lore amazing gameplay
Oni amazing lore and gameplay
It's sad to see demo sorta go. but the game isint dying
please remember that some of the best chapters are originals
Yes this is opinion and your favorite character may of been affected but we still love the concept of dbd
Comments
Depends on your opinion. ANOES is my favorite chapter by a very long shot, and it is a licensed one.
That is fair. but I'm trying to say that the game is not dying like some people say
That's opinion. My favorite license is the Halloween one.
Yeah but let's not forget that you can play as Michael Meyers himself. Screw balance, that fantasy is what matters with him.
And you still can dbd has been going hard for 5 years now something was bound to happen now let's go for another 5
I agree, i love the original content. Especially All-Kill.
Exactly you may have a favorite licensed character
even I do nemmisis
But you also have a favorite dead by daylight character and that's a part of what makes dbd special
For me it's the fact that licensed chapters you must buy with money. Original chapters can be earned through playing (a lot, but it is doable).
Combine this fact with the fact new players come November are going to be told "yes, welcome to this game. You can never have one of the killers and two of the survivors, and even if you had joined sooner you could have only gotten them with more up front investment"...it makes it so I can't recommend the game at all anymore to new people. "Hey, yeah, the grind is ridiculous for new players, there's a harsh learning curve, and you need to spend $12 (not counting the pending sale) extra to immediately buy this chapter or you lose out forever" is an impossible sell, nor do I wish to try to sell people on it. And after November telling them they can literally never have some of the content? It's absurd.
I'm not going to say I thought the Stranger Things chapter was the best chapter the game ever had, and I'm not going to say that about any licensed chapter. But it's the fact that licensed chapters have an end date where anyone coming after that end date just is forced to live without it - it genuinely does put an expiration date on the game. I've never been one to say the game is dying, but you make the game a much harder sell by having what's effectively legacy characters.
I respect your opinion, good sir. But as a child of the 80s who grew up with slasher films, i came to this game to play as my favorite iconic slashers and to recreate the feeling of those movies. As such, the licensed killers are what brought me to this game. To me, the awesome original killers are an amazing bonus
This is true and it is a massive bummer but I bet that bhvr is going to make an original killer with simmlar power. Maybe not soon though
That is fair you came for the icons. But did you stay for the game and its characters?
Yeah, licenced just means you have to pay for it, you won't see as much personalization and updates and you won't get to see something original. I understand it attracts new players but i don't get why people that already play the game are excited when the killer is going to be licensed.
I won’t lie, I came for the icons, I stayed for the overall story and lore, which the original characters do play a part
If I don't take into account I'm a huge Silent Hill fan, I'd say original chapters are the best.
I love Oni, Spirit (her lore is awesome to me), Blight, Huntress... Yui, Min, Élodie, Felix, Adam, Jake, Claudette...
Originals are brilliant, would prefer one to Hellraiser, Candyman and FNAF any day of the week
Licenced killer are all mediocre while some original are plain bad or very great design killer but most are also mediocre