trickster.....
I think it is total BS that Tricksters knives can hit you while you are transitioning form healthy to injured. Map pressure or not running from him is much worse than old legion. There is legit NOTHING you can do to avoid such nonsense. He can throw over/thru/under practically ANYTHING in the game and it now takes much less for him to down you. The fact that he can end a chase in 2-3 seconds is enough map pressure ALONE. I think the devs made a problem when they super buffed his knives like this.
Comments
You could always you know.. run behind cover
In fact one of the very first things you should do when you're caught in the open against Trickster is B-line for the first LoS blocker you see, you're most likely gonna get injured but the speed boost can help out and A LOT and Trickster becomes A LOT less accurate with distance.
I'm sorry if this sounds obvious, but zig-zagging when there's no cover helps a lot. I know some of his add-ons make his knives bounce, but not running in a straight line helps.
Trickster is very much a risk/reward Killer. He can be borderline broken on the right maps (open maps) and right loops (low wall loops). But weak on the wrong maps (indoor maps) and wrong loops (high wall loops and jungle gyms).
Not sure why he wouldn’t be able to hit you while you were transitioning to injured. It’s not like you have I-Frames or anything.
Trickster being able to stack up laceration damage immediately after injuring you is the one advantage he has over other ranged killers. Every other killer has to deal with a CD after using their power whereas Trickster does not have to.
Trickster is still pretty bad, because he's highly map dependent. But at least he can quickly down survivors if they are out of position.
He's very strong out in the open, but not much he can do at any high walled loop. Distance is also a weakness of his. The distance that you make after transitioning from healthy to injured makes or breaks a chase with him. Honestly I'm accepting that his kit is just going to stay black and white as it is — he's either going to shred if you don't find an area fast to counter him or he's gonna struggle hard in some of his bad maps. The only way I can see him being balanced on both sides is reverting his knife changes and making him a 115% killer.
I don't know many places that you can throw knives through or under. Only place I can think of is killer shack but it's really hard to pull off getting a health state through the cracks of the boards. But if a Trickster is able to take a health state that way they deserve the down for playing well tbh 🤷🏻♀️ but he's as balanced now than he ever was. He was able to shred through 2 health states in good situations even before his buffs but now people are just realizing how good he can be in the right hands — just like every killer.
Ive watched him hit people over walls that were taller than the survivor. I think its gross how strong he is even at high wall loops. He can still hit you with 2/3 knives while turning the corner so two corners is one health state. He sees you your dead no questions. All it takes is basic aim and the survivor has very little options. You literally have be immersed to survive him imo
that's easier said than done on maps like family residence. 90% of that map is open area. Take the injure getting to cover and he still gets 2 in you after the fact which leaves 4 hits before your down which he can STILL get because of where the hit box on the survivor is. I've been around corners and still get hit by knives/hatchets. The difference is hatches cant hit over nearly as much as tricky boy can.
I just p3'd Trickster and I am sorry but he is legit WORSE than Legion, even after the "buffs". They need to completely rework his power. I main Huntress and there is legit NO reason to play Trickster over her. She needs ONE hit for the same thing he needs to land 6 for. The only thing he is really good at is hook camping. His power will ALWAYS guarantee at least a trade.