Just had my first hacker... in MMR...

Oh boy, it finally happened. I was beginning to think you all were exaggerating it but yeah... and it was during MMR.

Pretty Good Job So Far...

Comments

  • This doesn't say anything about the MMR system


    Maybe the MMR got him matched with you, maybe it didn't. We can't know because a cheater is pretty much able to set their own MMR with the tools at hand.

  • Well seeing as SBMM has nothing to do with hacking...

    Could have happened to you last week or next week.

    How many hours have you played DBD? This was your first hacker? Guess that means hacking is out of control!!!!

    I have 3600 hours and have ran into 2 hackers.

    Since I have not ran into any during an SBMM test maybe that means SBMM deters hackers....

  • @Snowbawlzzz said:

    This doesn't say anything about the MMR system

    Maybe the MMR got him matched with you, maybe it didn't. We can't know because a cheater is pretty much able to set their own MMR with the tools at hand.

    How would they do this since MMR is invisible and we do not even know how it is calculated?

  • @truegod_10 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2424487#Comment_2424487

    How would they do this since MMR is invisible and we do not even know how it is calculated?

    Some hackers like to play with noobs, some hackers like to play with pros


    A cheater can purposely give himself a higher likelihood of getting matched with these groups by either repeatedly throwing to give themselves a crappier rating, or by cheating & doing 5 gens a game to boost their rating.

  • @Snowbawlzzz said:

    This doesn't say anything about the MMR system

    Maybe the MMR got him matched with you, maybe it didn't. We can't know because a cheater is pretty much able to set their own MMR with the tools at hand.

    How do you figure?? We don't even know how its determined at all, so how would someone make a toolset to change it?

  • @DerpyPlayz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2424487#Comment_2424487

    How do you figure?? We don't even know how its determined at all, so how would someone make a toolset to change it?

    What do you think determines MMR? The same thing that determines MMR in every other game on this earth, performance. You didn't even read the reply.

  • @Snowbawlzzz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2424536#Comment_2424536

    What do you think determines MMR? The same thing that determines MMR in every other game on this earth, performance. You didn't even read the reply.

    Performance on what? How well do you need to perform? What goes into it? Are your teammates considered? Wouldn't MMR gain be server sided? What performance system is in place that decided you did well or poorly? Does dying early have as much as a impact as dying late if you "performed" equally? Define "Performance"?

    I am just curious, as far as I know, only you have the answers to all of these questions (besides the devs), especially the if its server sided or not question. I would imagine it would be foolish to store that online information locally.

  • @DerpyPlayz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2424540#Comment_2424540

    Performance on what? How well do you need to perform? What goes into it? Are your teammates considered? Wouldn't MMR gain be server sided? What performance system is in place that decided you did well or poorly? Does dying early have as much as a impact as dying late if you "performed" equally? Define "Performance"?

    None of these factor in if you're cheating. If you're autocompleting every gen you touch and speedhacking to escape every chase, you will inevitably gain a better standing in the matchmaking. I don't know why you're dragging this conversation out by trying to poke holes in something so simple.

  • @Snowbawlzzz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2424545#Comment_2424545

    None of these factor in if you're cheating. If you're autocompleting every gen you touch and speedhacking to escape every chase, you will inevitably gain a better standing in the matchmaking. I don't know why you're dragging this conversation out by trying to poke holes in something so simple.

    Winning and actively gaining MMR via many matches over time, is something completely different then "cheater is pretty much able to set their own MMR with the tools at hand".


    I am asking about these tools, because I have only heard you bring this up.

  • @DerpyPlayz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2424553#Comment_2424553

    Winning and actively gaining MMR, is something completely different then "cheater is pretty much able to set their own MMR with the tools at hand".

    It's not. If the cheater doesn't want to have a good rating, they can throw without even needing to cheat, or they can use cheats to sandbag & screw the rest of their team over and net the least possible points


    This is the cheater's ability to choose their matchmaking tendencies. I don't know what you're getting out of trying desperately to contradict me.

  • @Snowbawlzzz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2424556#Comment_2424556

    It's not. If the cheater doesn't want to have a good rating, they can throw without even needing to cheat, or they can use cheats to sandbag & screw the rest of their team over and net the least possible points

    This is the cheater's ability to choose their matchmaking tendencies. I don't know what you're getting out of trying desperately to contradict me.

    It's not. If the cheater doesn't want to have a good rating, they can throw without even needing to cheat, or they can use cheats to sandbag & screw the rest of their team over and net the least possible points.

    Which all have nothing to do with directly setting MMR.

    This is the cheater's ability to choose their matchmaking tendencies. I don't know what you're getting out of trying desperately to contradict me.

    To learn two things, 1 is it actually possible that people who are cheating to manually set they're own MMR, and 2 is this coming out of your butt, or do you actually know what you are talking about.

    Considering you have red herring 100 times now, and you just literally said "This is the cheaters ability to choose match making abilities", I am leaning towards you just saying this, considering everything you have said indirectly affects MMR and isn't a toolkit for direct MMR change.

  • @Snowbawlzzz said:

    This doesn't say anything about the MMR system

    Maybe the MMR got him matched with you, maybe it didn't. We can't know because a cheater is pretty much able to set their own MMR with the tools at hand.

    No, I wasn't trying to link MMR directly to the hacker, I was trying to point out they're actively doing something for the games health and balance which should be a time where they're monitoring the live game and seeing this stuff, and there's just hackers roaming about like crazy. It's odd.

  • @DerpyPlayz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2424561#Comment_2424561

    It's not. If the cheater doesn't want to have a good rating, they can throw without even needing to cheat, or they can use cheats to sandbag & screw the rest of their team over and net the least possible points.

    Which all have nothing to do with directly setting MMR.

    This is the cheater's ability to choose their matchmaking tendencies. I don't know what you're getting out of trying desperately to contradict me.

    To learn two things, 1 is it actually possible that people who are cheating to manually set they're own MMR, and 2 is this coming out of your butt, or do you actually know what you are talking about.

    Considering you have red herring 100 times now, and you just literally said "This is the cheaters ability to choose match making abilities", I am leaning towards you just saying this, considering everything you have said indirectly affects MMR and isn't a toolkit for direct MMR change.

    Did I say they press a button to set their MMR? No, I never said that. I said with the tools at hand


    The hacker has the tools to decide how every single match goes. They set their trend in the matchmaking by forcing wins and losses over time. I've now explained this to you in 3 different ways but nothing gets through your skull. You're a compulsive contrarian that lives to argue for no reason.

  • @Snowbawlzzz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2424577#Comment_2424577

    Did I say they press a button to set their MMR? No, I never said that. I said with the tools at hand

    The hacker has the tools to decide how every single match goes. They set their trend in the matchmaking by forcing wins and losses over time. I've now explained this to you in 3 different ways but nothing gets through your skull. You're a compulsive contrarian that lives to argue for no reason.

    Did I say they press a button to set their MMR? No, I never said that. I said with the tools at hand

    You actually did. "cheater is pretty much able to set their own MMR with the tools at hand".

    The hacker has the tools to decide how every single match goes. They set their trend in the matchmaking by forcing wins and losses over time. I've now explained this to you in 3 different ways but nothing gets through your skull. You're a compulsive contrarian that lives to argue for no reason.

    I certainly love to argue, however only if there is a valid reason too.

    Why not just say you didn't mean that cheaters could directly set they're length, I think you like arguing too. Which isn't a bad thing.

  • @DerpyPlayz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2424597#Comment_2424597

    Did I say they press a button to set their MMR? No, I never said that. I said with the tools at hand

    You actually did. "cheater is pretty much able to set their own MMR with the tools at hand".

    The hacker has the tools to decide how every single match goes. They set their trend in the matchmaking by forcing wins and losses over time. I've now explained this to you in 3 different ways but nothing gets through your skull. You're a compulsive contrarian that lives to argue for no reason.

    I certainly love to argue, however only if there is a valid reason too.

    Why not just say you didn't mean that cheaters could directly set they're length, I think you like arguing too. Which isn't a bad thing.

    You're not worth talking to, at this point you're pretty much just babbling about nothing to save face.

  • @Snowbawlzzz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2424629#Comment_2424629

    You're not worth talking to, at this point you're pretty much just babbling about nothing to save face.

    Nice red herring.

  • @Jasix said:

    Well seeing as SBMM has nothing to do with hacking...

    Could have happened to you last week or next week.

    How many hours have you played DBD? This was your first hacker? Guess that means hacking is out of control!!!!

    I have 3600 hours and have ran into 2 hackers.

    Since I have not ran into any during an SBMM test maybe that means SBMM deters hackers....

    I have played DBD since year 2. I have yet to see a hacker. I play on both console and PC and still, nothing.

    Are there hackers in DBD, sure. It's a multiplayer game. Is it even half as bad as people claim? Not even close.