Which is it, BHVR? Killer privilege, or not?

Survivors outnumber the killer, but the killer gets to see what items they are up against by seeing the survivors in the lobby.

However, survivors can swap last second while killers are stuck and cannot change perks just as fast, on a whim.

----

So which is it?

Are the killers privy to the survivors' loadout before the trial starts? If so, remove the survivors' ability to change survivors or equip/unequip items once they have begun matchmaking.

Are the killers not supposed to know, for sure, what the survivors will be bringing? Then don't show the survivors to the killer in the lobby.

Otherwise, make it fair for both sides: Let killers have multiple Loadouts so that they can swicth perks last second too.

Comments

  • I honestly think the lobby should only last like 15 seconds for you to see the names of people you're going against (including the killer), but neither items nor survivors.

  • Yeah I got to admit that if Killers can't be changed, then items for survivors shouldn't be changed either. Something should lock you in on the survivor side to prevent last second changes for the upcoming match.

  • I do think the killers should be able to switch everything including the character during the count down same as survivors. I also think survivors should be able to see the name of the killer. Not what killer the players name. The killer can see the survivors names, so that should go both ways.

  • The worst thing about lobbies for me is that there is normally 1 person - be it killer or survivor - which doesn't ready until they're forced to when the whole minute is up, whilst the other 4 of us have readied about 5 seconds into the countdown. It's even funnier when all the survivor animations look in the direction of that individual at the same time; probably saying "Really? You're gonna wait it out, aren't you?"

    If the items were locked, then I would suggest there be no way to change qnything in the lobby, including perks and add-ons. If say 3 survivors appear in the lobby with torches, yet they are stuck and the killer can still switch to Lightborn, then it's fairly unbalanced. As @StealthEnjoyer says - have the lobby time shortened considerably so once you're in then you are ready to go.

  • @Marc_go_solo said:

    The worst thing about lobbies for me is that there is normally 1 person - be it killer or survivor - which doesn't ready until they're forced to when the whole minute is up, whilst the other 4 of us have readied about 5 seconds into the countdown. It's even funnier when all the survivor animations look in the direction of that individual at the same time; probably saying "Really? You're gonna wait it out, aren't you?"

    If the items were locked, then I would suggest there be no way to change qnything in the lobby, including perks and add-ons. If say 3 survivors appear in the lobby with torches, yet they are stuck and the killer can still switch to Lightborn, then it's fairly unbalanced. As @StealthEnjoyer says - have the lobby time shortened considerably so once you're in then you are ready to go.

    i am sorry.

    I am one of those who never ready up because i instantly put my controller aways once i search for a lobby.

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    I honestly think the lobby should only last like 15 seconds for you to see the names of people you're going against (including the killer), but neither items nor survivors.

    Sounds good. Something like the post match screen.

  • I deserve to know if they have a flashlight so I can run my homie lightborn. If they ever change this, I am hard face camping and tunneling anyone who brought one. It is better for the both of us to just let me see if they like the clicky clicks...

  • I miss being able to change killer in the lobby when the survivors had a funny name like "mori me x". Those were always fun matches.

  • @Marc_go_solo said:

    The worst thing about lobbies for me is that there is normally 1 person - be it killer or survivor - which doesn't ready until they're forced to when the whole minute is up, whilst the other 4 of us have readied about 5 seconds into the countdown. It's even funnier when all the survivor animations look in the direction of that individual at the same time; probably saying "Really? You're gonna wait it out, aren't you?"

    If the items were locked, then I would suggest there be no way to change qnything in the lobby, including perks and add-ons. If say 3 survivors appear in the lobby with torches, yet they are stuck and the killer can still switch to Lightborn, then it's fairly unbalanced. As @StealthEnjoyer says - have the lobby time shortened considerably so once you're in then you are ready to go.

    Some of us are doing other things while waiting for games, why do you assume it's personal lmao. I'm usually off in another room or the kitchen while waiting because queue times are #########

  • It's stupid they stopped letting you change killers in lobby though

  • @lordfart said:

    It's stupid they stopped letting you change killers in lobby though

    MMR is killer-specific. That's why you can't change.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2425303#Comment_2425303

    MMR is killer-specific. That's why you can't change.

    Aww I miss being able to :'(

  • @Ruma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2425112#Comment_2425112

    i am sorry.

    I am one of those who never ready up because i instantly put my controller aways once i search for a lobby.

    You scumbag! :p

  • This would make perks like Franklins demise or Lightborn a gamble for the killer. I think killers should see survivors items.

  • @lordfart said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2425112#Comment_2425112

    Some of us are doing other things while waiting for games, why do you assume it's personal lmao. I'm usually off in another room or the kitchen while waiting because queue times are #########

    It's always personal!! Lord Fart, you made this personal you tea-making, break-taking buffoon! :p

    Although, completely unrelated, how come when you said "#########" on your main post it's redacted, but in the above box with your post the word "#########" is as clear as daylight? That's odd. Never knew that happened before!

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    I honestly think the lobby should only last like 15 seconds for you to see the names of people you're going against (including the killer), but neither items nor survivors.

    Then perk like franklin demise and lightborn are a gamble and wont see any play

  • @bibibib8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2424470#Comment_2424470

    Then perk like franklin demise and lightborn are a gamble and wont see any play

    I'm not a fan of both of these perks anyway. Would like to see a rework for both.