Do the devs have a bias against Candyman?

Maybe one of them got stung by a bee & have had it out for anything bee based since. Look at this and tell me what you see

Polish_20210812_170229039.jpg Polish_20210812_170344013.jpg


I see one franchise with 1 decent movie, 8 flops, and then a movie nobody saw vs. a peak horror movie, an underrated classic, and a misunderstood masterpiece. Why, literally why does Trashraiser get in the game, but a golden ratio of a franchise get shafted out of its well deserved spot. Another ugly ghoul man makes it to the game, but heaven forbid someone not nightmarish to look at makes it in. Unbelievable

Comments

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2423911#Comment_2423911

    They definitely should, so we can finally have the Titanic as a survivor and an iceberg as a killer.

    @Orion

    It's DBD, anything is possible 😂

    Anythingispossible.png


  • Hell raiser is a much bigger title than Candyman.

    I knew of Hellraiser before I’d ever seen a horror film, Candyman not so much. It’s definitely a less well known film series.

  • Sounds like OP is the one biased against Nailman in favour of the Man of Bees judging by some of their one sided responses.

    Personally, I hope it's all a misdirection and it turns out to be an original chapter after all. I already got one of my dream chapters, so I'm down for all OC from now on. 😎

  • I mean by that logic we shouldn't be getting either of them.

    There are far bigger horror icons left then these two.

    Also licising isn't really a pick and choose your favorite you know.

    Also also unless something drastic has changed in the last couple of hours i was asleep nothing is set in stone yet.

    Personally i would really surprise me that the letter scramble is the titel of the character getting released. Seems to easy to find. These are the devs who hid pyramid heads teaser in the number 4.

    I think it's a quote the scrambling letters are forming and then the table is really open for anything

  • @CornHub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2423876#Comment_2423876

    I feel like you were focusing on the bad parts of Candyman, which is why you didn't like it. If you ignore those parts of the movie you'll enjoy it.

    That could be said about everything..

    ,,Just ignore the bad parts"

  • @speedwagon said:

    One masterpiece/good work of art and a chain of somewhat good/mediocre/garbage sequels. LIKE THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN BEFORE - WINKS AT Halloween, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Nightmare on Elm Street, Saw, Scream, Silent Hill, Resident Evil, FNaF, Candyman etc. I mean, WOW.

    Resident Evil and Silent hill have more good games than bad games.

  • @CornHub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2423916#Comment_2423916

    No, you can't just unfocus on the bad parts of rubbishraiser because the entire thing is bad unlike Candyman. Anyone who disagrees with me is clearly a biased Hellraiser fan here. Look at the ratings & tell me I'm wrong.

    You are such a shame for the candyman community.

  • @HaunterofShadows said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2424017#Comment_2424017

    did you just use a movie that hasn't even come out yet as a benchmark

    what do we even expect anymore?



    Fanboys are the worst thing ever.

  • Did you seriously not realize this is a joke thread, even with that comment?

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2425188#Comment_2425188

    Did you seriously not realize this is a joke thread, even with that comment?

    Its the DBD community, i dont think its a joke, especially if you read all his threads and comments.


    Even if its a joke, i would feel ashamed if i was a Candyman fan.

  • @Ruma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2425199#Comment_2425199

    Its the DBD community, i dont think its a joke, especially if you read all his threads and comments.

    Even if its a joke, i would feel ashamed if i was a Candyman fan.

    I'm a Candyman fan and I don't feel ashamed for someone making a joke thread. I could open a similar thread about FNAF, word for word, and I wouldn't expect FNAF fans to feel ashamed for it.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2425204#Comment_2425204

    I'm a Candyman fan and I don't feel ashamed for someone making a joke thread. I could open a similar thread about FNAF, word for word, and I wouldn't expect FNAF fans to feel ashamed for it.

    How can you be so sure this is a joke thread tho?

    You know, we are talking about the Dead by Daylight community.



    Besides that, you shouldnt even make jokes like this in a forum.

    Its just annoying.

  • @Ruma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2425211#Comment_2425211

    How can you be so sure this is a joke thread tho?

    You know, we are talking about the Dead by Daylight community.

    Besides that, you shouldnt even make jokes like this in a forum.

    Its just annoying.

    Because I know the OP. I can't really get into it due to the forum's rules, but I think if you think about where their name came from, you can extrapolate why I believe this is a joke thread.

  • @CornHub said:

    Maybe one of them got stung by a bee & have had it out for anything bee based since. Look at this and tell me what you see

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/RK0HSWGFMNMJ/polish-20210812-170229039.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/73UEAWGJ2R1F/polish-20210812-170344013.jpg

    I see one franchise with 1 decent movie, 8 flops, and then a movie nobody saw vs. a peak horror movie, an underrated classic, and a misunderstood masterpiece. Why, literally why does Trashraiser get in the game, but a golden ratio of a franchise get shafted out of its well deserved spot. Another ugly ghoul man makes it to the game, but heaven forbid someone not nightmarish to look at makes it in. Unbelievable

    The Hellbound Heart and The Forbidden (Candyman appeared in a short story in Books of Blood) are both properties that were created by Clive Barker.

    Hellbound Heart is 100% more influential than The Forbidden. If you want to just look at the "quality" of the films, Hellraiser 1 (both directed and adapted to film by Barker) is a classic in horror that still holds up today. While yes 2/3 aren't as "good" as the first film, Barker had some say in the stories being told. After HR3, Barker had no input and the stories being told were just cash grabs by the studios trying to turn the Hell Priest into a standard horror movie monster.

    Compare that to Candyman who has had one good film. Honestly if anyone thinks CM3 is a good film, they are incredibly deluded.

    While as much as I love the idea and really want Candyman in DBD, the Hell Priest is without a doubt the better fit for the game though I would never, ever be upset if we got Candyman. Seeing Candyman 2 for the first time back when I was 3 or 4 years completely terrified me and made me look away from any mirror for a long time.

    And hey, since both were created by Barker who's to say we won't get both one day?

  • You know RT generally has a skewed bias to Horror right. When it take aggerate reviews from non-horror publications that tends to distort the actual reception a movie gets.


    Also the Jordan peele candyman was delayed an entire year, if they had a licence being worked out it may not be valid anymore. I think we will get them both eventually but if you are talking "total cultural impact" Hellraiser is the more established franchise. I say this as someone that loves the first Candyman, but not so much as a horror icon but as a good movie with good social commentary.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2425217#Comment_2425217

    Because I know the OP. I can't really get into it due to the forum's rules, but I think if you think about where their name came from, you can extrapolate why I believe this is a joke thread.

    Well, if you know the OP and know for sure it is a joke it might is something else.

    But see it in the view of someone who doesnt know him and who reads posts like this almost every day on this forum.

  • @Ruma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2425223#Comment_2425223

    Well, if you know the OP and know for sure it is a joke it might is something else.

    But see it in the view of someone who doesnt know him and who reads posts like this almost every day on this forum.

    Sorry, to be clear: I don't know who the OP is, but I do know the kind of threads they tend to open and the comments they tend to make.

  • Alright, honest answer:

    I don't think it's bias, but a combination of these points:

    1. Hard to implement with the current mechanics. Right now you can hardly do him justice (see Nemesis). He could work unlike some other characters, but not too well with the current mechanics.
    2. Legal issues concerning the license, maybe.
    3. Reluctance due to the constant spamming. Like, people, you are aware that the constant pestering someone with something to force them to do X constitutes torture? Now, people wanting candyman are FAR from the worst offenders for this (we all know who the worst are), but still. Do look up threads speculating about his potential dbd powers and gameplay instead and vote them up etc
  • Candyman was a better movie, 100%. But Pinhead is actually iconic. Candyman is a third rate horror icon with a fourth rate deck. As much as I prefer Candyman, I am glad they chose Pinhead.

  • Candyman is not popular outside of the US. So if it never comes I won't be surprised.

  • @FreakPrince said:

    Candyman is not popular outside of the US. So if it never comes I won't be surprised.

    Not in USA here, Candyman is known.

  • I didn't say it wasn't known, said it wasn't popular. It didn't even came out on theaters at the time I guess.

    Latest Updates: News | Daily | Weekend | All Time | International | Showdowns
    Latest Updates: News | Daily | Weekend | All Time | International | Showdowns


  • Popular, then.

    Just because it's not popular in your country doesn't mean it's not popular outside the USA. There are about 200 countries on the planet.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2425347#Comment_2425347

    Popular, then.

    Just because it's not popular in your country doesn't mean it's not popular outside the USA. There are about 200 countries on the planet.

    And in most of them, nobody knows who Candyman is. I don't know why you're so pressed about it?

    I showed you the films box office. It was only popular in the US.

1 2 ›