New Matchmaking System: All SWF, All the time

Doubt it is just me. But since the new matchmaking system, I only get heavily coordinated teams. I can't see their ranks thanks to the brilliant changes that were made.

Comments

  • What killer were you playing? What was your kill rate before/during the test?

  • First few times I have ever played a new Killer, Twins.

  • @ProfessorDunwich said:

    First few times I have ever played a new Killer, Twins.

    Maybe you just had the impression they were SWF. Twins aren´t exactly A tier. Especially when you play them for the first time.

  • This new SBMM isn’t the greatest imo. Again I play a lot of bottom 15 killers in this game and I too find myself going against very strong teams wether it be against solo queue survivors or a swf. I’ve said this forever that the majority of maps in this game are so bad for the majority of killers. If I like to play alot of clown, legion, demo, pig etc and I 4k against 4 bad red rank survivors post SBMM, why should I be put against 4 good survivors playing as those killers on maps like Fractured cowshed or mothers dwelling, haddonfield, springwood etc.. you really honestly can’t do much unless you proxy camp and tunnel someone out the game before the last 2 gens pop which will lead to more unhealthy gameplay and further discussions.

  • @ProfessorDunwich said:

    First few times I have ever played a new Killer, Twins.

    Funny thing though, every killer has his own rating. If you play a killer you are new to, you are in the lower skill ranks with it.

    So either your perception is tainted, or matchmaking doesn´t work as intended.

  • @sulaiman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2421670#Comment_2421670

    Funny thing though, every killer has his own rating. If you play a killer you are new to, you are in the lower skill ranks with it.

    So either your perception is tainted, or matchmaking doesn´t work as intended.

    Shouldnt you start with a rating similar to your other Killers when trying out a new Killer? And it gets adjusted after a few games?

    Because otherwise, everyone would start at 0 when a new Killer releases, which would mix highly experienced players with absolute Newcomer-Survivors.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2421888#Comment_2421888

    Shouldnt you start with a rating similar to your other Killers when trying out a new Killer? And it gets adjusted after a few games?

    Because otherwise, everyone would start at 0 when a new Killer releases, which would mix highly experienced players with absolute Newcomer-Survivors.

    Yep that’s exactly what the devs have said a few months ago. And this time it actually started with a calculated score. I think the last Testphase had everyone start at 0 with every killer/role

  • My problem with these kind of posts is I always have the doubt thats all you got since there's still no way to really tell if someone is swfing unless they straight up tell you. Even checking friends list isn't a garuntee.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2421897#Comment_2421897

    Yep that’s exactly what the devs have said a few months ago. And this time it actually started with a calculated score. I think the last Testphase had everyone start at 0 with every killer/role

    Ok. So most likely OP has a high Rating which is also used for Twins, until their rating is calculated.