Technician could use a buff.

I think technician is a really cool idea for a perk, but the fact that it has a 50% chance to not work makes it a huge turn off. I think it would be fine to either a) change it to 100% or if thats too strong b) change it to 100% and add a cooldown to it. That way you can only miss something like 1 skill check every 20 seconds, which makes it skill dependant instead of luck based.

Comments

  • i kinda agree that it needs a buff, maybe the cooldown would be a good idea, but i think it is still kinda is balanced

  • I like the perk, myself, and I think the noise dampening has saved my butt more than once, but I almost never see anyone else use it. I wouldn't mind it getting a bit better.

  • I think a nice buff to it would be to make that it makes sparkles from damaged gens to not disappear

  • The perk if fine, I use it for most builds just for the damping effect. Asking for a higher % feels like a cop out to improving check skills.
  • I think the generator explosion prevention should be 50% at all tiers. The only other buff it could use is when the explosion is prevented, it would also reduce the regression penalty by 3/4/5%. A consequence could be slightly smaller success zones or reduced chances of a skill check appearing.

  • The sound reduction range should still apply and perhaps stack for every Technician user if more than one player is on the generator. Increase the percentage chance to 80% at level 3 or 100% with a cooldown.

  • Make it silence a little further or simply include silence on chests/totems/sabo'ing as well.

  • Pharmacy silences chests' searches.