Bite the Bullet buff

I was thinking a cool buff to Bite the Bullet is to also have your aura hidden while you’re healing as well. It’s supposed to be a stealth perk while you heal so I don’t see why not.

Comments

  • @GannTM said:

    I was thinking a cool buff to Bite the Bullet is to also have your aura hidden while you’re healing as well. It’s supposed to be a stealth perk while you heal so I don’t see why not.

    I'm completely fine with that, but this would overshadow Sole Survivor and that other non existent token perk.

  • I'd honestly be fine with it. If you really want to heal in my TR so badly you'd give up two perk slots for it, more power to you I guess.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/271362/bite-the-bullet-buff

    I'm completely fine with that, but this would overshadow Sole Survivor and that other non existent token perk.

    Sole Survivor honestly needs a major rework anyway.

  • @GannTM said:

    I was thinking a cool buff to Bite the Bullet is to also have your aura hidden while you’re healing as well. It’s supposed to be a stealth perk while you heal so I don’t see why not.

    This had already been discussed. Someone with Self Care could abuse that for aura blocking whenever they want. Oddly, Sloppy makes this even more powerful for a survivor to do.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/271362/bite-the-bullet-buff

    This had already been discussed. Someone with Self Care could abuse that for aura blocking whenever they want. Oddly, Sloppy makes this even more powerful for a survivor to do.

    I don’t think so, they have to sacrifice two perk slots for that so it probably won’t be that bad.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/271362/bite-the-bullet-buff

    This had already been discussed. Someone with Self Care could abuse that for aura blocking whenever they want. Oddly, Sloppy makes this even more powerful for a survivor to do.

    Yeah being able to deny bbq and bitter murmur just on the fly would be kinda insane but could be an interesting meta shift

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/271362/bite-the-bullet-buff

    This had already been discussed. Someone with Self Care could abuse that for aura blocking whenever they want. Oddly, Sloppy makes this even more powerful for a survivor to do.

    At that point, you're sacrificing two perks and healing at 50% the speed, wasting time that could be on generators. Believe this is a fair trade, and why not have it, shift the meta around with unique builds.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2411652#Comment_2411652

    At that point, you're sacrificing two perks and healing at 50% the speed, wasting time that could be on generators. Believe this is a fair trade, and why not have it, shift the meta around with unique builds.

    You could be on generators. Just whenever the killer makes it obvious they’re running aura perks or add ons, just temporarily heal for the required seconds to “hide”

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I would make it so the aura would not be able to be read within 32 meters, otherwise you could just self-care through bbq and chili and stuff

    So it would just be a Nurse’s Calling counter?

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2411672#Comment_2411672

    You could be on generators. Just whenever the killer makes it obvious they’re running aura perks or add ons, just temporarily heal for the required seconds to “hide”

    Then you're staying injured just to hide, which is risky.

  • I'm going to have to disagree, as it would hard stop Nurse's Calling - already a niche perk. Bite the Bullet is powerful as it is.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2411815#Comment_2411815

    i think the devs are okay with counter perks/add-ons

    Since 5.1.0, iron will completely mitigates the effects of stridor.

    Of course they are. Lightborn is a thing. And I don't agree with it for either side. Nothing should 100% stop another thing in the game, 'because perk' or the like.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    I'm going to have to disagree, as it would hard stop Nurse's Calling - already a niche perk. Bite the Bullet is powerful as it is.

    @GoshJosh said:

    I'm going to have to disagree, as it would hard stop Nurse's Calling - already a niche perk. Bite the Bullet is powerful as it is.

    I agree. It’s already strong with a med kit or self care mid chase, as it completely throws the killer when they go from hearing you, then not hearing you at all if you manage to break LoS and start healing. You can’t do this with Iron Will as they already can’t hear you, and are expecting certain jukes.

    Making BTB also have a built in counter to Nurses would be way too strong. If a player wants that THAT bad they have to choose to run distortion, off the record, or SS.

    Like seriously, people need to stop complaining about the meta, yet not be willing to take risks by not giving up some of their meta perks.