A Sense Of Smell
Wouldn't this be an interesting addition?
Experiencing the smells of Backwater Swamp, the scent of gasoline from Autohaven Wreckers or the wonderful aromas of the Gideon Meat Plant.
Wouldn't this be an interesting addition?
Experiencing the smells of Backwater Swamp, the scent of gasoline from Autohaven Wreckers or the wonderful aromas of the Gideon Meat Plant.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
How exactly would they add such a thing?
If you mean as a game mechanic, the first thing that comes to mind is how it was done in TLoZ Twilight Princess. Not sure how that would differ from the tracking already present with scratches, and such. Perhaps it could stay around for longer?
If you mean the player somehow experiencing the olfactory delights that are suggested in-game... Chances are the pig vat drop may not be nearly as popular. Although not sure how DbD, of all games, would do this when the technology isn't even on the market yet.
The taste of salt
please incorporate this technology
I went to a 4D theater once in Las Vegas and it had smell as well as some tactile features.
I'm not interested in smelling whatever Clown has in his bottles....
Midwich is full of corpses and flesh... So good luck trying to not pass out from the smell.
Can you imagine the smell of The Game, no thanks lol
But the idea is cool as long as it makes sense with the kind of killer you are using, those that are most "animalistic" could benefit from this, Demo for example. Something similar I'd like to see is kind of a thermal image, kind of like Predator.
That sounds awesome lol
No offense my guy, but we're talking about the olfactory sense, not the taste one.
If I had to smell Clown, Hag, Bubba, Blight, or The Twins I'd uninstall the game and burn my Xbox.
Considering how all survivors are covered in dirty, I doubt any of them smells nice. That's not even mentioning the killers.