Never playing solo again
After 2 months of only playing killer, I decided to give solo q a try again. Ofc, I am rank 20 because of reseting.
Here are my matches:
First game my teammates hide in corners while I have kindred and they can clearly see someone is being chased on the other side of the map.
Second game same story.
Third game I have a 3 man swf with no mither, bodyblocking me, sand bagging me, m1 spamming me on hook, wasting their flashlights on my face while I was on hook and then make fun of me in eg chat.
Fourth game a David with No Mither gets tunneled out while we had an afk Dwight and a crouchig Ace.
Fifth game I do 4 gens while my team gets tunneled by a GF while swarming him. And I mean tunneling, because at some point I intentionally positioned myself (while injured) so I trade hooks, but he insisted to ignore my body blocking just to go for the unhooked guy.
Sixth game I played Deathslinger and got a 3k.
Now my question is: How can I play survivor if I'm rank 20, can't rank up because I never have ANYONE repairing anything and killers camping and tunneling while my team mates feed, and I don't have friends to swf with?
Comments
Continue to play and you will get to red ranks. From their you will escape a lot and solo vs killer games is pretty fair. I remember when they tried MMR first time and I as rank 1 survivor was suddenly playing rank 15 killers with rank 15-20 teammates I was camped and tunneled, teammates was hiding in lockers etc. It was horrible. You simply have to play and get to high ranks for solo to become ok.
If really you don't like solo, I believe you can find people to play with in the official DBD Discord.
Solo is honestly just awful. I rarely survive, alongside my teammates I had a game against a Blight where I was apparently the only one doing gens, and everyone else was super immersed. I go down right next to a hook, and suddenly everyone is trying to be overly altruistic, taking hits and going down when the hook is five feet from me and he had Iron Grasp.
A selfish build have I brought in the last 3 matches. Still no good came from it.
Selfish q is a nightmare. I still enjoy it for the challenge. But depipping to AFK killers, tunneling, campers, or Dcing teammates, gen phobic tmates is a ######### joke.
But those few games where you get good teammates are still fun.
Yeah I had one a few months ago in the evening, my entire team was god and to be honest that really bumps up my self-esteem and skill. Whenever I know I have a good team, I do well myself too. Sadly those are such rare occurrences it's not worth the pain going through solo q.
Such as the Deathslinger game. Wonderfully fun 😀
Exactly, those types of wins are always more satisfying than a SWF one.
Sadly they are rare, as you said.
Shows that survivors are the real killers.
I could say it gets better when you reach red ranks, but i dont wanna lie to you.
Exactly why I prefer killer. At least in this case I know it is only my skill that counts, so no wonder I have no issues.
I used to run perks just to save my team, borrow time, we’ll make it, wglf, kindred.
now I just going to play selfish, because it seem like nobody run borrowed time or kindred and wonder why we all slugged in the basement 2 minutes into the game lol.
solo q is really lame, they should add roles so people will know what to do like other games like league of legends
1st: normal solo queue experience
2nd: same as above
3rd: still pretty typical stuff not sure I see an issue here yet
4th: crouching ace hidden dwight was a really good pun to put here, but I'm still seeing some pretty typical behavior for solo queue
5th: yea this is also normal, sometimes you'll fail at protecting your unhooks
6th: played as a deathslinger or against? Either way killer queue is a far superior solo queue experience
Pipping: you can easily pip on death. You can also pip with a hatch escape. It's not easy, but it's very possible to double pip on death.
Not sure I found any issues with what you described, you might want to try another video game
For as bad as soloq is, the rank 20 experience is the bottomest range of it. So, not really representative.
Regarding pipping, the requirements at that rank are really low. You will be able to move up, especially if you can loop.
Man, it’s not as bad as you think. Yes, when you’re in brown ranks it’s bad, but when you get out of them the matches balance out up until you hit red ranks, where every match becomes a sweat fest.
As someone suggested, bring in a selfish build. I suggest Spine Chill so you can stay off of the killers radar. Inner Strength since you’ll be the only one doing totems. Plunderers for the chance at Keys and Maps. And Urban Evasion in order to stay out of the killers LOS while you traverse the map.
If your teammates are potatoes, let them all die and escape from the hatch or camp one of the exit gates. Prep the gate to just before the light comes on, then hide so when the killer patrols your gate he won’t notice you’ve been there. The second they leave, power it up the rest of the way. Usually, this works for me about 80% of the time unless the killer runs Whispers or the doors are too close to each other and the killer has a clear line of sight of them both.
Also, at the start of the match, plunder all the chests, and if you find a key, take it and move it to a safe corner of the map with lots of LoS blockers. This way, the killer won’t see a key in your and and tunnel you, nor would your teammates find the key in the chest and leave you behind.
You just described a useless teammate in detail aka the thing that makes soloq terrible.
No, I didn't. I described a survivor in brown ranks trying to make it out of their asap. I am still able to do gens, cleanse totems and rescue off hook. Heck, I'd even take hits and get aggro if my teammates were semi competent. But If they keep going down in 3 seconds, what other options are there but to play like this?
The only issue is that my matches are either too short or I simply don't have anything to do in them for pips, since 5 gens and only 2 survivors isn't exactly a fortunate situation.
In these 5 matches I did manage to get a pip in 3 of them, namely the 2nd, the 3rd and the 5th. However those were very hardly gained pips considering the experience I had in them. Only me trying to shadow repair rises up a bit of the team's overall performance...
Yeah I will definetly try what you said out. If I look at my builds, they usually contain perks that are based on my hope of a good team. But clearly I won't have one so selfish playstyles are the best ones.
I'd recommend you set other objectives while playing solo Q. I usually worry about escaping when I play with friends, if I play solo Q then I try to find some challenges from the tomes and focus on whatever it is I gotta do.