Is resurgence/solidarity bypassing broken intended?

I just played a game against a Steve where his build was resurgence, solidarity, and deliverance. He hopped off the hook himself, and then fully healed a Nancy and suddenly he was full health states, broken status removed.

Comments

  • If it's not, it should be. Survivors can always use some extra build options, and it's not like Deliverance is even halfway decent with how conditional it is. He's stacked three 'meh' perks together for a fun, but still conditional effect, so I see no problem here.

  • It's definitely a bug. You should report it in the dedicated section.

    Although, before everybody gets up in arms, it's not gamebreaking. Very situational and worse than running stronger combos.

  • @Bwsted said:

    It's definitely a bug. You should report it in the dedicated section.

    Although, before everybody gets up in arms, it's not gamebreaking. Very situational and worse than running stronger combos.

    Maybe it's one of those bugs that'll get turned into a feature, like they considered with Stake-out.

  • @Firellius said:

    If it's not, it should be. Survivors can always use some extra build options, and it's not like Deliverance is even halfway decent with how conditional it is. He's stacked three 'meh' perks together for a fun, but still conditional effect, so I see no problem here.

    I mean you can call them 'meh' but the effect is a pretty hard swing in momentum. Furthermore if it is intended I don't really care about that, what I care about is the broken status being removed. The status should persist even if managing to get full HP, enabling a killer to take advantage of the choice to use deliverance even if it takes hitting them again. (e.g. similar to a form of BT)

  • @BenihimeWrath said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2408552#Comment_2408552

    I mean you can call them 'meh' but the effect is a pretty hard swing in momentum. Furthermore if it is intended I don't really care about that, what I care about is the broken status being removed. The status should persist even if managing to get full HP, enabling a killer to take advantage of the choice to use deliverance even if it takes hitting them again. (e.g. similar to a form of BT)

    That is a fair point, broken should persist for its full duration, even if the survivor circumvented it and managed to get healed up. Definitely report that as a bug.

    The point about these perks being 'meh' is that, outside of this niche scenario which can swing it in momentum, they're not that good. It's basically a potentially strong but -very- circumstantial effect taking up three perk slots to fire. I think that's a fair trade-off from the killer's perspective, because there's plenty of other perks that could've gone in those three slots that would've given the survivor more to work with, such as Spine Chill, Prove Thyself, Botany Knowledge and more.

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2408706#Comment_2408706

    That is a fair point, broken should persist for its full duration, even if the survivor circumvented it and managed to get healed up. Definitely report that as a bug.

    The point about these perks being 'meh' is that, outside of this niche scenario which can swing it in momentum, they're not that good. It's basically a potentially strong but -very- circumstantial effect taking up three perk slots to fire. I think that's a fair trade-off from the killer's perspective, because there's plenty of other perks that could've gone in those three slots that would've given the survivor more to work with, such as Spine Chill, Prove Thyself, Botany Knowledge and more.

    I did report it as a bug, but the rest of your post you basically just described all perks really. Most of them aren't powerful enough to do much on their own and they need builds around them to make them shine. I think arguably the best generic survivor build is Iron Will, Spine Chill, Windows of Opportunity, and Borrowed Time.

    And before anyone asks about WoO its because it allows you to see the resources still available throughout the match, which allows you to make the correct pathing decisions always, which will save you as much as any exhaustion perk. If correct pathing and WoO can't save you the only possible exhaustion perk that could've would be a 99'd Sprint Burst.

  • @BenihimeWrath said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2408844#Comment_2408844

    I did report it as a bug, but the rest of your post you basically just described all perks really. Most of them aren't powerful enough to do much on their own and they need builds around them to make them shine. I think arguably the best generic survivor build is Iron Will, Spine Chill, Windows of Opportunity, and Borrowed Time.

    And before anyone asks about WoO its because it allows you to see the resources still available throughout the match, which allows you to make the correct pathing decisions always, which will save you as much as any exhaustion perk. If correct pathing and WoO can't save you the only possible exhaustion perk that could've would be a 99'd Sprint Burst.

    I disagree with you on that. There's quite a few survivor perks that don't require any build around them to put out consistent and decent value. Something like Botany Knowledge doesn't require the support of any other perks to be noticeably useful, it just synergises well with things like Self-Care, Solidarity and more. Similarly, Spine Chill is good in and of itself, it just synergises well with Fixated, and vice versa.

    Solidarity, Resurgence and Deliverance is more a single effect on three perk slots, similar to how Flip-Flop and Power Struggle don't really offer adequate value separate from one another.

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2408887#Comment_2408887

    I disagree with you on that. There's quite a few survivor perks that don't require any build around them to put out consistent and decent value. Something like Botany Knowledge doesn't require the support of any other perks to be noticeably useful, it just synergises well with things like Self-Care, Solidarity and more. Similarly, Spine Chill is good in and of itself, it just synergises well with Fixated, and vice versa.

    Solidarity, Resurgence and Deliverance is more a single effect on three perk slots, similar to how Flip-Flop and Power Struggle don't really offer adequate value separate from one another.

    Meanwhile here I sit using counterforce, inner strength, soul guard, and MoM for a tank survivor build.