DC penalty question

How long before DC penalty on your account is wiped and starts over?


If I'm not being clear --- I'll go a bit more in depth.

If you dc once -- you get a timed penalty.

Second time dc, longer penalty.

It stacks, obviously. How much time needs to pass before it no longer stacks and goes back to a 5 minute penalty?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • I realize this should go in questions -- my bad. x_x But anyways; would appreciate answers!

  • Are you trying to derank or try to get away with as many dodges as you can in a day? Lets not provide DC abusers this info.

  • They never went into detail about how it works to avoid people skirting around the penalty

  • @1miko said:

    Are you trying to derank or try to get away with as many dodges as you can in a day? Lets not provide DC abusers this info.

    Actually -- not trying to abuse anything or derank. Steam randomly shut down DBD twice today. Literally the whole game window just closed and I'm scared to try and play anymore because the penalties keep stacking up.

  • We've said the penalties decay over time, but we do not release the information about what that decay rate is.

  • @Mandy said:

    We've said the penalties decay over time, but we do not release the information about what that decay rate is.

    Alright -- well, I guess I'll risk it. :l

  • Then you should probably issue a ticket with your rig after verifying/reinstalling the game files. If the game isn't working for you don't try to go into games until you managed to try on a fix. If the game crashes a 3rd time I believe you get banned 1 hour which is more than enough to check on whatevers still ######### with your game after trying to fix it.

  • Devs hate when people try and understand how their game works, I believe that you can get a 30 min penalty then an hour penalty for around 4-6 DC's but this is basically just random information ive heard. Not sure how it continues but I imagine you will get up to a 24 hour penalty pretty quickly then likely banned after that.

  • @HipnoE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2408046#Comment_2408046

    Devs hate when people try and understand how their game works, I believe that you can get a 30 min penalty then an hour penalty for around 4-6 DC's but this is basically just random information ive heard. Not sure how it continues but I imagine you will get up to a 24 hour penalty pretty quickly then likely banned after that.

    Thanks for the general info!

  • @AssassinZodiac said:

    I'm pretty sure the devs never released those details in fear of it being abused by the playerbase. I could be wrong though.

    true but there shouldnt be anything wrong with wanting to find out for yourself how the game operates

  • @HipnoE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2408056#Comment_2408056

    true but there shouldnt be anything wrong with wanting to find out for yourself how the game operates

    Honestly in my own experience testing it in past times you're gonna have a hard time figuring out the exact times related to what the mod was talking about when mentioning those decay rates.

  • The exact algorithm is hidden, but we can assume it has some randomness to it, and it probably counts games completed without DCing. The random factor will make it extra difficult to find out by experimentation.

  • @HipnoE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2408046#Comment_2408046

    Devs hate when people try and understand how their game works, I believe that you can get a 30 min penalty then an hour penalty for around 4-6 DC's but this is basically just random information ive heard. Not sure how it continues but I imagine you will get up to a 24 hour penalty pretty quickly then likely banned after that.

    You do not get a permanent ban from the disconnection penalties

  • 14k pog

    @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2408054#Comment_2408054

    You do not get a permanent ban from the disconnection penalties