Why does this game run so poor after 5 years?

I started playing dbd in 2020 when pyramid head came out and it run very smoothly on high settings without any issues on my PC. Chapter after chapter it got worse and i cant even play on 60 fps on the lowest settings anymore. its sad how the performance got so bad. (the same can be applied to the games content imo)

Comments

  • @SirGando said:

    I started playing dbd in 2020 when pyramid head came out and it run very smoothly on high settings without any issues on my PC. Chapter after chapter it got worse and i cant even play play on 60 fps on the lowest settings anymore. its sad how the performance got so bad. (the same can be applied to the games content imo)

    Im surprised it ran smoothly for you, i feel like performance issues were always there. Playing around with my pc and nvidia settings helped a bit.

    The real question you should be asking is "Why does every patch come with a set of bugs and why do they take forever to fix?" Even ######### mobile games don't have a set of unrelated bugs with every patch

  • I can explain it perfectly. When BHVR created dbd they used unreal blueprints for there game engine to create dbd this engine is used to make cheap and fast games. Who would a thought a game made on a cheap engine would become the most popular horror game of the end of 2010s. But basically when the game got popular and better the devs added more and more on top of the code and because of that the engine literally has stacks of code and wires on top of each other and it’s very messy.

    its basically the foundation of the game is collapsing because of all the code being stacked on top of each other every update. There’s so much that they can’t sort through all of it and one change and the code messes up the game.

    The only way to fix the codes is to do what mobile did completely Rewrite the code from the ground up so the game can have a fresh new foundation and won’t collapse.

    this is why the game is poorly optimized cause the devs never reworked the code from the ground up

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    I can explain it perfectly. When BHVR created dbd they used unreal blueprints for there game engine to create dbd this engine is used to make cheap and fast games. Who would a thought a game made on a cheap engine would become the most popular horror game of the end of 2010s. But basically when the game got popular and better the devs added more and more on top of the code and because of that the engine literally has stacks of code and wires on top of each other and it’s very messy.

    its basically the foundation of the game is collapsing because of all the code being stacked on top of each other every update. There’s so much that they can’t sort through all of it and one change and the code messes up the game.

    The only way to fix the codes is to do what mobile did completely Rewrite the code from the ground up so the game can have a fresh new foundation and won’t collapse.

    this is why the game is poorly optimized cause the devs never reworked the code from the ground up

    I've seen it stated in other posts the game has to load each killer's code as well as all their add-ons perks etc. in each match, whether they are played or not, and then run through all that code for what is needed. YIKES!

  • *screams in TF2*

  • Because this is what it is like for the Devs to work with its code

    F8831DEF-8695-4C55-A717-3D5BE4C7826B.jpeg


  • Why does this game run so poorly? Idk, ask the dev's.

  • Because the Devs either can't fix it or feel like they can get away with not fixing it.

  • I know that there are a bunch of performance issues on old gen consoles, but I don't know if I'm insane or what, but dbd has always run perfectly fine on my fairly average pc, easily get 60fps+ on Ultra and I only have a 1060? Again, I know it's really bad on console, but I always hear about terrible performance on pc which I've never experienced.

  • Because their optimization team is a bunch of chimpanzees banging on a typewriter

  • lazy devs. greedy for money, only pumping chapters and cosmetics.

  • Because we aren't buying enough cosmetics to fund the game.

  • @Uistreel said:

    I know that there are a bunch of performance issues on old gen consoles, but I don't know if I'm insane or what, but dbd has always run perfectly fine on my fairly average pc, easily get 60fps+ on Ultra and I only have a 1060? Again, I know it's really bad on console, but I always hear about terrible performance on pc which I've never experienced.

    The Xbox One and PS4 series of Console's are actually still current-gen. The vast majority of people can't get a PS5 or Series X/S, and the shortage is likely to continue for some time.

    There's not as many issues on PC, but people with great PC's have started to notice issues, which is a sign that whatever the problem is, it's worsening.