Idea for new Survivors - Beavis and Butthead

Hey there,

I know... You read the title and thought, #########?! Beavis and Butthead?!

Ummm...

  1. Who the hell are those guys? (For anyone who didn't live through the 90s)
  2. Why would we put these two dumb*sses in this game?
  3. Comedy doesn't work with horror.

I hear you... but hear me out. I really think they could help bring a much needed lighter note to the game and I think now is the optimal time to reach out to Mike Judge to get the licensing to these characters.

https://giphy.com/gifs/shut-up-beavis-and-butthead-cartoon-TwuTxwntJ5MPu

Reasons why this would be great:

  • Paramount plus has recently acquired the licensing to Beavis and Butthead and is going to release a new movie in the next year or so. I'm sure Paramount and/or Mike Judge would love the dual advertising.
  • Beavis and Butthead's comedy would come from their animations and pain/grunt noises. "Huh huh, this sucks." So many hilarious sound bytes/effects with these two.
  • Having something that might make you laugh during the game can help break up the stress and tension, if only momentarily.
https://giphy.com/gifs/love-movie-drugs-PbWGBKKG4nHTW


Concept and Abilities:

Beavis and Butthead would technically be 1 character with multiple skins. Same abilities but the skins would have different sound bytes and animations. A Beavis Skin, Butthead Skin and Cornholio skin!

https://giphy.com/gifs/reaction-etrFEI3lUhodijZ2Gk


3 Unique Abilities: (examples I thought of but developers could probably do better, lol)

  • Nachos Rule!: After repairing equivalent to a full generator, unlock Nachos Rule!. When Nachos Rule! is active, enter a locker to craft Nachos. "Nachos Rule! but...Beavis and Butthead can only afford day old ones." Nachos work as a grey med-kit but at 50% healing speed. One time use.
  • Fart Knocker: Cleanse a totem to unlock Fart Knocker. When Fart Knocker is active any failed skill check by a teammate causes Beavis and Butthead to yell "You Fart Knocker!" (or other random sound effect) to cover up the sound of the missed skill check and allows the action to continue uninterrupted. Fart Knocker deactivates upon use.
  • T. P. for your Bunghole: When the exit gates are open, Beavis and Butthead activate T.P for your Bunghole. They gain one health state and 35% haste status effect for 5 seconds. During this time, Beavis and Butthead will make noise (shouting "I need T.P. for my Bunghole!" or another sound effect) alerting the killer every second. Beavis and Butthead also leave behind a "T.P." consumable item when "T.P for your Bunghole" activates that can be used by any downed survivor to activate the same effect.
https://giphy.com/gifs/beavis-and-butthead-Fuki5Rri4s2LS


For all of these reasons, I think Beavis and Butthead would be a fun and welcome addition to the survivor cast. There is also a serial killer in the Beavis and Butthead series that could be used....

Untitled Image


Anyway, I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed thinking it up. It would be awesome to see this in the game but if not, at least I can dream!

Indurain83

Comments

  • Thanks, I'm good.

  • I totally agree beavis and butt-head would be cool huh huh. Seriously I suggested this myself on a survey a while back lol

  • I agree, I think Beavis and Butthead is a great candidate for a licensed chapter. People always say "Jason and Pinhead would be better! They would fit DBD more!" But think about it, they'd be similar to Ash in the lobby, where he constantly says "What now?" or whatever.

    I think Fart Knocker should be able to be used without cleansing a totem because Technician exists, and T.P. might be too OP.

  • No, these people do not go in tune with a horror game at all...

    I give you credit for all the work you put into this post tho.