Do Killers still de-pip for getting one kill/sac?
Just curious, I think it worked pretty well at dissuading camping. PSA while we are waiting for a patch to fix camping: If you are 3/4 done on the last gen and someone gets downed, be a pal and stop working on the generator. When the gates go off its just a big red flag to the killer to camp the person they just downed. Wait a bit and save your friend, then finish the gen.
Comments
I haven't paid attention.
Your reasoning is kinda terrible. You want the killer to get hit harder because the killer feels like they have to secure a kill? You'd rather them lose more? Come on. I don't main either side, and I feel that's overkill.
And these days, it might have the reverse to penalize campers because high rank stuff isn't fun for a lot of them, so they want to be low rank.
It's more of a failing of the survivors for having bad timing. Your advice to other survivors is sound.
@2BadWaluigiTime I really don’t know what you’re asking, but there is no incoming patch to fix camping, as there isn’t anything to fix. The last patch did a little to dissuade camping, but the devs are still standing firm that camping is a viable strategy. If there are only 2 gens left, killers start to switch over to defend mode. Any killer that doesn’t, is just a fool. Also, killing only 1 survivor does not mean that you will lose a pip, or only safety pip. You can very easily get a pip with only 1 kill. Hell, I have even managed to get a pip with no kills, but it was a very long match. You just can’t get 2 pips.
That's why the penalty they put in place is so stupid. So you can ensure you get a 0 in chaser which means you probably got low in another category so you're going to depip.
The camping punishment should have been a drain on blood points which most people care about.
If you are farming the Killer shouldn't depip.
As in an optiminal situation the killer will get a total of 8 Hooks(Each Survivor hooked twice) which is more than enough for the Ruthless Killer Ending and the black to 1 pip that comes with it.
So in Theory you could rank up entirely via farming.
@Vortexas correction, 12 hooks, unless you are talking about a 0 kill scenario.
Well I mean if you want the 4k yea hehe.
Or they could be given enough incentive to leave the hook even if it means the rest get out, and the last hook kill isn't secured.
It's -really- dumb for a killer to leave the hooked survivor when they're close to escape, either with gens being done quick, down to the last gen, or the escape possible. It defies common sense. Read Sun Tzu's Art of War.
They shouldn't be penalized for doing something intelligent in making the survivors chose to abandon, or be altruistic when the survivors basically have no more objectives outside of escape.
If the killer hasn't had much luck in catching people, it only increases how hard they're stomped on.
And when you make killers have less fun, you have less killers.
Can you give me one good reason why a killer should leave the hook outside of the game punishing them if they don't?
Piping has nothing to do with killing anymore.
You can blackpip with a 4k and you can pip with 0k (even before they introduced this bronze emblem for hooking everyone)
@Vortexas yeah, I wasn’t sure what you were going for at first, so I updated my response.
Possibly more than chasing the remaining survivors out while losing the hooked survivor.
A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.
A dog dropping their bone in the lake reflection to get the bone their reflection had means the dog lost both bones.
No. Hooking, injuring, and chasing count toward emblem too. It's almost impossible to depip as killer unless you were completely outplayed to the point where you did virtually nothing. (i.e. 5 gen loopdeeloop)
You won't depip as a farming killer either. I don't farm as killer, but I confirmed with killers I'm farming with that they don't depip.
Ummm killing is it's own category. Devout is kills. 4k gets you an iridescent.
As I said, you can 4k and only blackpip but you can also pip with a 0k
If you got a 4k you also got points in other categories and can easily get 2 iridescent. About the only way to blackpip with a 4k is if you grabbed all 4 of them out of lockers or when trying to save. Hitting survivors give points in other categories. It's also likely that you got points in Gatekeeper as well.
That's the best part of this game. It's not mainly about kills anymore when playing killers xD So the emblem system ruined that logic
Depends on the rest of your emblems, you can still pip