the new pallet validation

i feel were focusing too much on the pallet validation and about how fair and unfair it is. I will admit when i saw that pallets were working in the survivors favor i was happy that i didn't have to deal with garbage hits anymore. but after reading more into it i realized that it can be a little unfair for killers. Like others have said they have essentially not fixed the problem but tossed it to the other side to deal with. I agree this doesn't seem like the best way to deal with the issue. I hope things are fixed for the better. but i think we should use this opportunity to band together weather survivor main or killer main or both siders and demand that the devs does better with their servers and does better to make pallets more fair for both sides.

i think most of us can agree that the old system was bad and the new system is also bad.

Comments

  • The new system is worse, because killers can't be greedy about using pallets - whereas survivors can. If I as a killer am choosing to not respect a pallet, am all the way through it, get a hit, hear injured noises and see blood, only for the survivor to run away undamaged while I am bounced back to the other side of the downed pallet (on a wired and good connection by the way)... what did I do wrong to get punished like that?

  • I actually dont mind the new system as a killer main. I've only had the 'scream but you dont get a down' thing occur once, and it was when it looked farfetched anyways. Otherwise I havent had anything odd happen which I'm pleasantly suprised about.

  • I knew they would ######### this up lol

  • @GoshJosh said:

    The new system is worse, because killers can't be greedy about using pallets - whereas survivors can. If I as a killer am choosing to not respect a pallet, am all the way through it, get a hit, hear injured noises and see blood, only for the survivor to run away undamaged while I am bounced back to the other side of the downed pallet (on a wired and good connection by the way)... what did I do wrong to get punished like that?

    You swung too late. Easy as that. The issue is the false feedback killers get, not really the new pallet system.

  • From a coding perspective it's utterly nonsensical too:

    animations and sounds should only play if a hit genuinely registered. It should all be in consecutive lines of code.

    what kind of spaghetti farrago is the code that this stuff keeps happening (it's still happening with plague and deathslinger's attacks)


    like, you don't go 'play sound and animation; check for hit' you go 'check for hit, if hit: play sound and animation and apply healthstatus modifier'


    EDIT: I'm seriously trying to even imagine how you manage to code that. Cause unless they have the events that are being called in about 4-7 different places, each being called individually (with only one of them checking for pallets and then nullifying the hit) this should not happen at all. HOW?

  • @AGM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2399852#Comment_2399852

    You swung too late. Easy as that. The issue is the false feedback killers get, not really the new pallet system.

    Before though it was the other way around. Survivors looked like they were out of the reach of the killer, when really threw the pallet too late. The new system was supposed to fix that. Instead it moved the problem from being on the survivor's side to being on the killer's side. Now the killer believes they were in distance to attack, they get the feedback the attack was successful, then suddenly their stunned and the attack was invalidated. The new system is causing just as much confusion as the previous system did.

  • @AGM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2399852#Comment_2399852

    You swung too late. Easy as that. The issue is the false feedback killers get, not really the new pallet system.

    Mate, try going for pallet hits as Wraith.

    You are literally halfwaythrough the pallet, your weapon already went down, and then the survivor drops the pallet.

    I think the devs confused the actual times where a killer would hit survivors through pallets with the times where a survivor drops it too late.