The lack of polish that BHVR does

There have been changes in the past BHVR has attempted and that BHVR has gone through with. Two of these changes (that did not make the cut) being the pallet save and flashlight saves of the "Howling Grounds" event. When these two changes came to the game they (#1 were unbalanced) were UGLY and UNFINISHED.... the killer after being blinded, would go through the whole pick-up animation, go through the blind animation and then be able to play (back then the pick-up animations were longer as well) and it was the same thing for the pallet saves. Now it was an unbalanced (unskillful change, no timing was needed and flashlights are probably the highest skill cap for survivor) change but it could have at least looked better, why not have the killer break animation and drop the survivor as soon as the blind or pallet hit connected? Again with no timing needed they were unbalanced and crap changes........ Now this leads me to the new change of "pallet hits" why have they have been released like this? again there is nothing wrong with making a change to one aspect of the game in attempt of making it less frustrating for one side but it's a whole other thing to release it in the condition that it is in...... landing a hit having the survivor scream, go down and then get back up is again one of the most annoying, stupid things that has ever been released into the game.... I understand how it works, this doesn't change the fact that it's UGLY and UNFINISHED and that something in this condition shouldn't be released into the game. This all leads back to what a good amount of the community believe, which is the devs are more focused on releasing cosmetics and unfinished chapters/updates because $

Comments

  • Not sure if it compares to the atrocious Patch 1.9.2, but this new stun validation is utter garbage and it needs to get fixed, or better yet, removed as soon as possible.

  • @GeneralV said:

    Not sure if it compares to the atrocious Patch 1.9.2, but this new stun validation is utter garbage and it needs to get fixed, or better yet, removed as soon as possible.

    I forgot, what happened back then again?

  • @GeneralV said:

    Not sure if it compares to the atrocious Patch 1.9.2, but this new stun validation is utter garbage and it needs to get fixed, or better yet, removed as soon as possible.

    I don't think it's that bad. I think it's bad for most people because since the server now will care about who send the hit/stun first, for people who play the game who live away from a datacenter in their region where DBD is hosted, it's problematic,

    But this is also somewhat funny, just imagine a player within 5-10 of ping, against a Killer within 40-50 of ping, this Survivor will always get the priority of pallets, it will look incredible unfair in the Killer client side, same goes for this player if he plays Killer with such little ping.

  • Flashlight and pallet saves guaranteed, regardless of the timing:

    "Fixed an issue that made it impossible to rescue a dying survivor with a pallet/flashlight save while being picked up or dropped mid animation. Now, the pick up/drop animation will play fully, followed by the flashlight/pallet stun."

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjGXsKsCdvg

    Easily the worst Patch in DBD's history, followed by Patch 3.1.0 and then all the other bad ones.

  • You could blind the Killer or stun them with a pallet during their pick-up animations and it would make them drop the Survivor regardless.

  • @Kees_T said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2399222#Comment_2399222

    You could blind the Killer or stun them with a pallet during their pick-up animations and it would make them drop the Survivor regardless.

    @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2399222#Comment_2399222

    Flashlight and pallet saves guaranteed, regardless of the timing:

    "Fixed an issue that made it impossible to rescue a dying survivor with a pallet/flashlight save while being picked up or dropped mid animation. Now, the pick up/drop animation will play fully, followed by the flashlight/pallet stun."

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjGXsKsCdvg

    Easily the worst Patch in DBD's history, followed by Patch 3.1.0 and then all the other bad ones.

    ah.

    Now I remember.

    Yeah, that was genuinely ######### awful.

  • @GeneralV said:

    Not sure if it compares to the atrocious Patch 1.9.2, but this new stun validation is utter garbage and it needs to get fixed, or better yet, removed as soon as possible.

    Nothing is worse then 1.9.2, at least for me since I came to the game right before the SAW DLC was released.

  • @Kees_T said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2399219#Comment_2399219

    I don't think it's that bad. I think it's bad for most people because since the server now will care about who send the hit/stun first, for people who play the game who live away from a datacenter in their region where DBD is hosted, it's problematic,

    But this is also somewhat funny, just imagine a player within 5-10 of ping, against a Killer within 40-50 of ping, this Survivor will always get the priority of pallets, it will look incredible unfair in the Killer client side, same goes for this player if he plays Killer with such little ping.

    It is so bad that I, with a good ping mind you, hit a David with my Chainsaw, I heard him scream, I saw the blood...and he walked away as if nothing had happened.

    This isn't fair. He messed up the timing, therefore he deserves to get punished, not me.

  • @GeneralV said:

    Not sure if it compares to the atrocious Patch 1.9.2, but this new stun validation is utter garbage and it needs to get fixed, or better yet, removed as soon as possible.

    I'm actually unsure if the new hit validation is actually really bad or if I've just gotten accustomed to getting bs hits. Either way it feels miserable.

  • I imagine it was.

    A pity that a great event like Howling Grounds had such a rough start...

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2399219#Comment_2399219

    Nothing is worse then 1.9.2, at least for me since I came to the game right before the SAW DLC was released.

    I didn't join the Fog until December of that year, but I can imagine how bad it was for the players that were here at the time.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2399234#Comment_2399234

    It is so bad that I, with a good ping mind you, hit a David with my Chainsaw, I heard him scream, I saw the blood...and he walked away as if nothing had happened.

    This isn't fair. He messed up the timing, therefore he deserves to get punished, not me.

    Yeah that sucks, his ping was better so that's why.

    There's a lot of ways to implement a good system to detect who really should get the priority, but I'm gonna tell you, as a developer myself, they just implemented the most lazy and easy way to do it, they didn't do any hard work code to solve it, they just band-aid the problem with something which won't last longer.