Plague might be my new favorite killer to play as
If she isn’t, then she is certainly very close with Spirit and Blight. She’s already one of my favorite killers to go against as survivor, and now she is slowly creeping up in the top tier for my favorite killers to play as.
I used to find her very boring and frustrating to play a while back. It was mainly because of the issues she has with dedicated servers and the fact her fountains are RNG based depending on where they spawn (######### you swamp), but I’m starting to get over that a little. You just need to realize her potential of strength and enjoyment.
My ideal build for Plague right now is Corrupt Intervention, Infectious Fright, BBQ and Chili, and Thanataphobia. I usually don’t use the killer’s teachables in my builds because they can be predictable from the survivor side, but Corrupt Intervention and Infectious Fright both have great synergies with Plague.
I really suggest trying her out for yourself if you haven’t because you need to understand her potential. I’d consider her low A tier right under Pyramid Head and Huntress. Seriously, I would really love to see more people play her because as I said before, she’s one of my favorite killers to go against and not enough people do play her. It’s honestly very sad how rare she is.
Comments
She is easily one of my top 3.
She's definitely a well-designed killer but not my type. Maybe if I get the perks on her I'll try her again.
She is more bugged than Blight and Nurse put together
Her puke works 1 out of 5, if you like missing hits for no reason then she's the perfect killer
She’s always been my second favourite killer behind clown. Blood echo is my personal favourite on her because having a survivor dc after their dead hard doesn’t work is way too funny
There's a lot of neat builds you can run on her compared to other killer's, here is some.
Cleanse or Suffer : Ruin / Undying / Thana / Dying Light. - Idea behind this is the survivor's have to choose to give you your power(potentially fatal) or power through an annoying slowdown , Ruin and undying are there to hopefully last long enough for you to get some decent dying light stacks, (which stacks with Thana) by that point, it's generally too late for them.
Undetectable Plague : Trail / Tinkerer / Hysteria / pop. - A fun build to play around with, especially deadly if you have your power active. Hysteria can proc from gradual sickness too, and trail will generally last the full duration if you puke on the gen with unaffected survivor's. Tinkerer is mainly for the undetectable proc but if you can reach the gen in time with corrupt purge, that's 1 or 2 survivor's on the floor.
Deadly Pandemic: Devour / blood echo or a gen perk / bbq / Infectious Fright. - Thought behind this is just to snowball, either with devour or corrupt purge slugs.
I’m glad you’re yet another seeing how strong (and strategic) Plague can be. And yeah, as far as teachables go, Plague has the absolute BEST designed perks to compliment her power. Don’t discount Dark Devotion. A few downs from Infectious Fright, and a few sneaky downs from Dark Devotion, and it truly gets the most stubborn of non-cleansers finally cleansing. Dark Devotion helps compensate Plague’s lack of mind game potential because of her height, and because she can’t really take advantage of cancelling Purge.
It still baffles me how dismissed Plague is by many. She’s so damn strong. Even if survivors refuse to cleanse (which is rare in my games because of HOW I play), she’s STILL damn strong. Survivors can’t hide. Survivors are easily pressured off gens. Survivors will waste pallets faster.
Plague is great.
She’s only weak when played incorrectly: not getting everyone infected as quickly as possible, and instead in error focusing too hard on the first survivor they spot.
That’s why most dedicated Plague players will charge fully, then spray erratically so it can’t possibly miss.
OMG THIS!!
I pretty much stick with her 3 teachables, and Blood Echo.
Yeah, someone’s DH doesn’t work? DC.
Or you never hear so much cleansing in rapid succession ever before in your life.
It’s a HILARIOUS perk on Plague.
Interesting. I think I did get Blood Echo in my bloodweb if I’m not mistaken so I’ll have to try it out.
She’s just got an incredibly high skill ceiling which makes her look weaker than she is. A master Plague is very terrifying.
That’s fair. If she didn’t have that then she easily deserves more attention from the community.