So they fixed pallets (kind of) when is everything else?
When are they going to fix window and dead hard hits? Is it really going to take 3 years to do those too?
When are they going to fix window and dead hard hits? Is it really going to take 3 years to do those too?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
They didn't fix them.
They just flipped it so that it's BS against Killer now.
That isn't a solution.
Whats wrong with windows?
The problem is that dbds latency issue wasn't fixed with this update they just bandaid fix each issue without tackling the core issue so these problems will keep happening
I mean Survivor had to deal with BS hits trough pallets for a long time, if anything most of the fake hits right now are largely latency issues, they gotta work on the info the killer gets, cause right now the killer is getting wrong info from the server.
Sure, survivors suffered when versing laggy killers for a long time.
However there are 2 problems with this system now.
First, the killer dont need to be "laggy" to be punished, just 20ms more than survivor has is enough. It may be 40 vs 60ms ping for all we know.
And second, survivors vs laggy killers in the past had an option to pre drop pallets early since they couldnt trust killers latency. Killers cant really do anything like that
If you've been stunned before the hit landed, the hit should not register. The only thing that needs to change is to have it so that the survivor scream and blood animation is only triggered after the server confirms the hit. In this way the information that the killer is provided with is consistent with the server, rather than hearing an injured survivor only to have that damage state corrected.
And the server should prioritize the individual with better ping. Players should not be compensating for other players terrible ping. The fact that you think it should be that way is an oddly entitled in my honest opinion. I'm not trying to insult you, but it's a bit weird to suggest that the killer should have authority to determine hits regardless of their ping to the server.
Sure, it was wrong that Survivors had to deal with those issues.
It's also wrong that Killers do too.
O...kay? But the choices are: survivor's client decides, killer's client decides, or server decides. Seeing as how this is an online multiplayer game, neither/none isn't an option. The server deciding is clearly the most fair option, and is how it should have been when they released dedicated servers before people settled in to it. I feel like people are just reacting negatively because "monkey brain hear scream, but why no injure." Which I get doesn't feel good, but it's absolutely fairer than what was there before.
It's not been bad for me. I've been validated once and the other times I've been stunned I should have been stunned because I got too greedy with the swings. I really don't see the problems everyone else is having because for me the system is working wonderfully.