An unfair thought experiment...
Disclaimer: I don't think this should be in the game. This is just for fun and shouldn't be taken seriously. Embrace the chaos and don't let the limitations of the game hinder your creativity.
How would a game go if every 30 seconds survivors and the killer were given a random status effect? Not just the generic ones, but killer exclusives as well. At the end of the 30 seconds the status effect is removed and a new one takes its place.
For killers is pretty simple. Either you'll be undetectable or you have some degree of speed buff due to haste or whatever bloodlust tier you receive.
Survivors on the other hand are another story. You could be unstoppable in one moment with 30 seconds of endurance, the the next you are Exposed and go down faster than a sack of potatoes.
Comments
The game is already so rng dependant that this would fit right in /s
This would be really bad and frustrating.
I dont want to go down to a Killer just because they got a Haste-effect out of nowhere. Or getting hit by a Killer because they are Undetectable without any notification before (e.g. if the Killer has Tinkerer, I mostly know when they will be Undetectable, but if it just happens...eh).
Same as Survivor, if I play Killer, I dont want to hit a Survivor just to see that they got Endurance. And I dont want to go down as Survivor instantly, just because I get exposed.
I dont have that much problem with RNG, but this would be way too much RNG.
That would be so annoying to play with.
I can see luck rework be something like this to a lesses degree, if that small indie company ever decides to rework luck.
Could be fun for a new gamemode. A game of chance
Oh yeah definitely it would be unfair. That's why its just a thought experiment and not an actual suggestion. Just imagining a game like that, it would be chaotic.
I think it would be frustrating, because it would be outside of anyone's control.
But I think it might work to have a similar system where, instead of getting buffs, people got time-limited tasks where they could get bonus points if they did an objective before time ran out. So, instead of saying, "For the next 30 seconds you go faster," more like, "For the next 30 seconds, you get bonus XP if you down a survivor."
Part of the reason I suggest that is because people would have an element of choice then about how to respond. They could ignore the task and play as normal, or they could change what they're doing and try to do the task for the bonus XP. So, the opportunity is still random, but it's not just something that happens to you.
this game is all about rng, just look at the way maps are used and pallet spawns and the bloodweb are all rng, either rng is acceptable or it’s not, no in between.
RNG's final form.
Eh, maybe as a glyph related thing.