Hopefully this event will shed light on how awful Clown's antidote bottle is.

I have never found any good use for it in all my games. It benefits the survivors, it activates too slowly for a chase, and its duration is abysmal at best.

Comments

  • It’s the devs being afraid of making a killer good so they do absolutely nothing.

  • I think it'll make it even more evident that the antidote is borderline useless, but I fully expect clown to not get any of the major buffs he needs for another 2 years at least. The best part of his rework by a mile was the faster reload

  • It will never benifit survivors unless you mess up. You decide when and where it goes. And usually it's where you are going. If survivors are in the yellow gas and you aren't there to hit them then it's your fault

    The activation time is a bit awkward but it doesn't take too long to learn how far to throw it so it activates just as your in it.

    5 seconds of 75% faster chasing is far from abysmal. Especially if you use the purple gas too and make it 175% faster chasing

  • It's perhaps not awful but since Clown is still one of the worst killers even after rework, the antidote should be buffed in some way.

  • It’s not awful, on some loops throwing a speed and slow bottle guarantees a hit.

  • @GannTM said:

    It’s the devs being afraid of making a killer good so they do absolutely nothing.

    Sadly true

    Pretty much like Trickster's nerf

  • As someone who’s killer main is Clown, I never use them, unless I’m being nice and trying to help.

  • I found it funny when ClownIsKing and ClownIsUnderrated(RIP) said the yellow bottle was extremely useful and seemingly everyone else said it was worthless. So I’m guessing if you’re a Clown Main Yellow Bottles are useful while if you’re not familiar with him they’re garbage

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    It’s not awful, on some loops throwing a speed and slow bottle guarantees a hit.

    This is true most of the time if they stay, but the issue is that it requires a lot of setup. If a survivor is smart and sees you dropping a yellow bottle at the pallet, they can just run away to the next loop before you get the boost. Works 99% of the time, and the clown is now down 1 bottle with nothing to show for it

    And that's not even talking about how insta-dropping pallets still strong counters clown

  • When your drop antidote to try and corner a survivor at a loop... They simply leave before it activates and you're down a bottle. It's only useful vs. unaware survivors in which case you don't even need it. Pointless.

  • I've found them useful

  • I made this topic before Clown rework.

    @C3Tooth said:

    I like how new Killers have multiple action in their basekit (especially Oni, PH) make them more than just pressing M2 to use power. As rework Freddy & Doctor gave them 2nd ability.

    I would like to see Killers rework will have more ability rather than just raw buff. Here is my list

    Hold M2 to ready to throw bottle. Click M1 to high throw the bottle. Or Release M2 to roll the bottle, +30% max range and speed compared to throwing.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/I4EU700P9N57/image.png

    2nd ability One: Clap bottles. If Clown has 2 or more bottles, he can clap them to make big gas cloud that +75% bigger larger radius

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/GNKE8DEVSCLC/image.png

    2nd ability Two: Sniff bottle. Clown can use a bottle to sniff and gain 5% haste for 20sec.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/NAQ54N7PCIUI/image.png

    2nd ability Three: Balloon. Clown can tie a Balloon on a dying survivor, makes them easier to track later.

    If survivor not untie the Balloon, they are easier to be seen.

    Success hit or hooking survivor will cause it exploded (so this ability requires slugging). Survivor can self-untie Balloon for 8sec, or another survivor helps untie Balloon for 4sec, Balloon will also exploded after and cause noise noti to Clown.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/BOPXL794YZZL/image.png

    Looks like all they took was "speed up"

  • I throw one ahead of me right at the start to give a boost on my patrol. If I see someone on BBQ I will do the same but that's about it. Like others have said most survivors at high rank know to leave the loop if he throws the antidote. You can catch a few off guard if you switch the bottles (forget what that add-on is called) but I would rather have my ether/mangled combo.

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    I found it funny when ClownIsKing and ClownIsUnderrated(RIP) said the yellow bottle was extremely useful and seemingly everyone else said it was worthless. So I’m guessing if you’re a Clown Main Yellow Bottles are useful while if you’re not familiar with him they’re garbage

    I think the issue is that for most general gameplay purposes, purple bottles are generally enough to get hits at most tiles. There's a few cases where both a yellow and purple bottle will lead to a hit that you couldn't get with just a purple bottle.

  • It makes no sense to help the the survivors at all. The antidote is a broken mechanic that breaks an already crippled killer.

  • All they need is the speed duration increased to 7 seconds. That would make it worth using a bottle for while patrolling, helping Clown's map pressure problem.