How to counter 360's?
I've been playing dead by daylight since May of 2018 and mostly killer at that but ever since I started no matter what I do if someone is good at 360'ing I cannot hit them without missing at least 5 times. At this point I think I'm just ######### in some way.
Comments
360ing is taking advantage of the lag between killer and survivor. Anticipate and hold back when you Lunge or don't lunge, just quick attack. most of the time, you will hit them.
You don't know what you are talking about, high ping or lag only hurts the survivor, the killer as the host decides everything, if survivors didn't always have to play with the added delays then it would be easier to juke, well it would solve some of the problem, the very inaccurate hitboxes doesn't make things visually easier to understand.
If you miss that much you are not very good. It's quite simple, practice more and you will get better, since killers can also 360 and hit in a very large circle, all you really have to do is follow their movement, they 360 you move the same direction, you can't just click attack and hope the game is going to auto aim for you, even if you are used to that on console!
Take a step backwards and do a regular swing, not a lunge. That's how I counter it, and after they get smacked they usualy stop them.
With our limited pov but the assumed radius of someone's arm swinging a weapons, it usually works out. But sometimes doesn't.
Survivors like to cry about the "hit box"but they forget that we have a limited (tunnel) pov and a real killer could use peripheral vision and adjust accordingly.
Survivors tend to ask for hand outs and easy escapes but they often forget we only have first person PoV, and there should be an accommodation for swing radius. (We don't have a top down pov to be able to aim and anticipate.
The hit box seems pretty accurate at the moment, but a good juker will/should out maneuver us.
Just remember: survivors like things to be "realistic" when in their favor. Right now, the hit box is realistic (in our favor) so survivor mains will cry (and call us names or complain about our internet and make every excuse they can concoct...etc etc). If we are missing (I certainly do) it is our own fault and we just need a little more practice.
I rarely take 360's, but when i do i'm not mad at all, i actually feel good about the Survivor, he managed to trick me once, but that's it for him
The auto aim thing is even funnier, the hit was already registered, but it's so funny to watch it snap rofl
Also, hook a Survivor in basement (or any other hook) swing and enjoy the snaps
You move your mouse in the direction of the survivor. He will most likely end up behind you, so swing there.
They weren't talking about latency or Ping they were referring to FPS.
On console there is a distinct, well known, and obvious FPS difference between Killers and Survivors. Killers have a lower, and often fluctuating FPS. 360ing is one of the ways that Survivors can use and abuse this to cause Killer's games to visually lag and jump. I do not think this is as noticeable, or is even a thing, on PC.
Anyway on topic: If they are doing a 360 you should be able to get them with a normal swing, a lunge will just make you miss. It won't always land but it is the most accurate option.
A common mistake with dealing with 360's is killers tend to pull back on the analog stick while swinging DO NOT DO THIS. Even if you are simply going for a "R1 tap" and not a lunge you should always be moving forward. You should also look slightly down towards the ground to better center the survivor on your screen, this will give you more time to react to the sudden 360 or the "fake" 360. I would never recommend using the lunge attack on someone who does 360's as lag makes it difficult to land at times.
I have no problem dealing with people who 360 on PS4 unless I'm playing Doctor because he seems to suffer from fps lag more than other killers due to his electric shock animation eating game resources.
To sum it up:
1: Look slightly down to the ground to better center survivors on your screen
2: Never go for a lunge attack unless in a tight spot with no wiggle room
3: Always keep that analog stick pushing forward and never pull back (should always be moving forward and turning camera not walking backwards)
4: If you are still struggling go for someone else and remember that that survivor will most likely become cocky and follow you rather than do gens ^.^
Create some mouse room such that you can hammer your mouse to the left/right.
and dont lunge too early
#########, I never realized that. But, that would explain why in some of my videos survivors will disappear when they get close enough. Usually, I see a frame of the bottom of their nose reaching the bottom of the screen, after that they disappear until I spin after them. But, now I wonder how long it actually takes them to come back into the frame.
Back up and dont have terrible reaction time
I feel no sympathy for anyone who tries pulling one on me. I won't be going easy on then or giving them the hatch.
It’s a simple method of dodging that may or not work.