An idea how to nerf Deathslinger and Spirit.

I'm not the best player out there, but most of the community agrees that it's not fun to play against these killers. In my opinion killers whose power is easy to use should not be strong, they should be more like before 5.1.0 Trickster. So I'm proposing pretty easy, but significant changes.

The Spirit

Survivors hear her phase sound even while you're in a chase. I think it would make it much easier on survivor side while not nerfing Spirit into oblivion. I haven't played Spirit to think of other nerfs (my main reason not to play her is that I don't feel good when playing, because it feels cheap to down someone with your power)

The Deathslinger

I think it should take a second or 1.5 seconds to aim up your gun. Let's be honest, there's no human who can quick scope in real life, and even with experience that Deathslinger has from his life I really don't think he can instantly shoot someone without aiming. While I think it's quite a nerf I know that slinger is a weak killer overall and there should be buffs to his other aspects if this nerf comes through.

I'd like to hear feedback on this and why this changes are bad or how to change better.

Comments

  • I think Spirit could use something like that (a better idea would be to have her glimpses shown to the survivors) but Deathslinger needs his chase power to be a good killer. At the cost of being the most powerful zoner and one of the best chasers in the game, he suffers from horrible 1v4.

  • For Spirit an indication she's phasing and add-on changes

    Deathslinger needs that devastating 1v1 since his mobility and snowball is so awful and add-on changes

  • @glitchboi said:

    I think Spirit could use something like that (a better idea would be to have her glimpses shown to the survivors) but Deathslinger needs his chase power to be a good killer. At the cost of being the most powerful zoner and one of the best chasers in the game, he suffers from horrible 1v4.

    That's what I was talking about when I said he would need a buff with this change.

  • @Starly said:

    I'm not the best player out there, but most of the community agrees that it's not fun to play against these killers. In my opinion killers whose power is easy to use should not be strong, they should be more like before 5.1.0 Trickster. So I'm proposing pretty easy, but significant changes.

    The Spirit

    Survivors hear her phase sound even while you're in a chase. I think it would make it much easier on survivor side while not nerfing Spirit into oblivion. I haven't played Spirit to think of other nerfs (my main reason not to play her is that I don't feel good when playing, because it feels cheap to down someone with your power)

    The Deathslinger

    I think it should take a second or 1.5 seconds to aim up your gun. Let's be honest, there's no human who can quick scope in real life, and even with experience that Deathslinger has from his life I really don't think he can instantly shoot someone without aiming. While I think it's quite a nerf I know that slinger is a weak killer overall and there should be buffs to his other aspects if this nerf comes through.

    I'd like to hear feedback on this and why this changes are bad or how to change better.

    The deathslinger nerf isn't a bad idea but I think shipping this alone would lead him to being in a pretty rough spot so I think you'd need to buff some other aspect of his kit maybe a range buff to give him so more threat at range to like maybe 26 meters or something im it sure honestly.

  • There is no reason to nerf deathslinger. He is just average state now.

  • I agree spirit needs a nerf. But unless someone corrects me on this I believe spirit did tell survivors in chase when she was phasing upon her initial reveal. And the result was her being one of the worst killers in the game. As for slinger he’s just a big can of worms that’s better off leaving alone. I feel like if they tried to nerf or buff him in any way he would either become way too strong or completely useless

  • Using Spirit is so easy I don't even play as her anymore so I understand. Deathslinger though? Against an average team that does objectives he's honestly horrible. In red ranks like myself I barely even touch him since I get gen rushed so hard I don't stand a chance with him. If the Devs nerfed deathslinger you're basically taking him out of the game.

  • Only problem I have with Deathslinger is a non-existant heartbeat, Right perks and addons you won't hear the heartbeat till he's right ontop of you and even if you have Sprint Burst he can shoot you anyway. He is only killer I hate going against

  • In general both ideas are not bad. Although I will modify them a bit.

    Spirit:

    Getting any indication that she phases while being in her TR, destroys her ability to mindgame. I would rather eliminate the no-Iron-Will issue while changing said perk as well. For that, Iron Will should not make you 100% silent, just convert your groans into normal breathing while injured. The spirit would also not be able to hear groans of pain during phasing, but would only hear breathing (like that person would have Iron Will). This way Spirit can still hear you, but both sides have an equal chance to evade/find the other without the help of a perk. In addition some of her addons need to be fixed because they do stuff they shouldn't (=not in the description). For example: Yakuyoke Amulet should either be fixed (the shadow buffed recharge rate) or made an Ultra Rare addon. (Father's Glasses would be purple then.)

    Deathslinger:

    All killers with a strong 1v1 have a great weakness. Deathslinger is 110% (standard: 115%) and needs a lot of time to reel the survivor in which results in poor map pressure. Although I also think that he should get a short wind-up animation like huntress with a little sould cue. It doesn't need to be long. Just some time to reakt like against Huntress' Hatchets. They also did it for PH, so it is no problem to do it.